Author Topic: The Non-Canonical Legend of Narthax  (Read 45944 times)

Offline bdc41866

• Commander
Re: The Non-Canonical Legend of Narthax
« Reply #285 on: April 19, 2016, 08:43:19 AM »
Your Barabel makes mine look like his scrawny little brother. What body did you use? I recognize the armor, but the weapons are crazy cool!

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #286 on: April 19, 2016, 01:46:17 PM »
A really nice update !

Offline halnarthax87

• Non-Canonical Legend
  • Commander
« Reply #287 on: April 19, 2016, 04:25:18 PM »
Thanks! His body is the mortal kombat reptile and I originally made his blaster rifle for an Agent Kallus custom but I figured a barabel is bound to have beaten a lasat or two in combat. I'll have to check out your barabel.
The exploits of my life are less canonical than they are legendary.

-H.

Offline halnarthax87

• Non-Canonical Legend
  • Commander
Canon(ish) Thrawn
« Reply #288 on: November 22, 2016, 12:28:13 PM »
So wow, Rebels has introduced this new villain called "Grand Admiral Thrawn" this season. He's just kinda boring cuz he doesn't hav uh lightsaber or da force or nothin, I think the villain should be General Grievous with the force. Dis blue guy has sith eyes but he's boring.

No, in all seriousness I screamed like an excited little schoolgirl when I first saw the trailer with Thrawn (as did most of you I'm sure). I gotta say, so far he's the best thing about the season. While the characterizations of our main cast this season has ranged from underused (Zeb) to out of character (Hera) to just kind of obnoxious (Ezra), to actually pretty good (Kanan, Sabine) the most intriguing aspects have been what's been going on with the Empire in the background. Thrawn, true to his novel counterpart is toying with the heroes in an attempt to gain as much knowledge about them and their psychological blindspots as possible. Makes me hopeful that things are about to get really bad for the heroes, since every tiny victory they've achieved has been purely because Thrawn has allowed them to win.
Sorry, we're here to talk about plastic. The moment I try to just write a short intro about what I've made, I get in depth about the character...
Anyway, the comic 2-pack Thrawn figure always bothered me for a number of reasons. For one, his uniform is inaccurate (I know it was drawn that way briefly in the comics) with the seam of his tunic going straight down the middle, and he was also just way too short for a guy who's supposed to also be physically imposing as well as an intellectual giant. I also really preferred the head sculpt from the Power of the Force line. So, here you go, the best of both worlds. I gave him the new canon epaulets BUT I patently refuse to give him pupils.
Seriously, I have to believe the crew behind Rebels were like, "Okay, we're giving the people what they want with Thrawn, but how can we mess with them in some small way... I know! Let's give him visible pupils!" I'm still holding out hope that somehow his eyes start glowing and his pupils disappear later in the season...

-H.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #289 on: November 27, 2016, 08:41:56 AM »
Good to see you back and I am have been underwhelmed with the Rebels Thrawn. Good work and off to share.

Offline halnarthax87

• Non-Canonical Legend
  • Commander
« Reply #290 on: November 07, 2017, 12:10:19 PM »
Hey folks, I've been um, locked away in imperial prison for my anti-imperial activity for some time. But now that I'm a free man again, why not customize some figures?
First up, Narthax's new look.

-H.

Offline Rezikai

• Lieutenant
  • Drawing Star Wars comics since 1986!
« Reply #291 on: November 07, 2017, 12:35:32 PM »
Nice Narthax, glad to see you're still customizing! I wasn't around to see your Thrawn update so it was quite the surprise to come here and see it above your recent awesome additions hehe.

Offline halnarthax87

• Non-Canonical Legend
  • Commander
« Reply #292 on: November 07, 2017, 01:00:48 PM »
Life's been busy, but it's good to be back.  :)
And now, some inquisitors.

-H.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #293 on: November 08, 2017, 03:26:28 AM »
Great to see you back. Off to share.

Offline halnarthax87

• Non-Canonical Legend
  • Commander
« Reply #294 on: November 08, 2017, 01:40:40 PM »
Whaddaya do with spare parts as a customizer? Why, make Saw Gerrera's Partisans of course. Mostly.
The Lasat is a combo of Beast and the Ralph Macquarie Chewbacca. In my head canon he's the one who executed all of Agent Kallus' squad.
And of course bald Saw. Redlettermedia once suggested Forest Whitaker would have been a better choice to play a Jedi than Samuel L. Jackson. Well, I can safely say that Samuel L Jackson probably would have made a better Saw Gerrera than Forest Whitaker.
And yes... in my head canon, Saw Gerrera slices off imperial prisoners' heads with a buzz saw called Gerrera's saw. Because, you know, he's a terrorist.
I'm not sure why these photos are posting sideways and upside down... apologies.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 01:48:31 PM by halnarthax87 »

-H.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #295 on: November 09, 2017, 03:24:19 AM »
Its usually because of posting phone pics I have found out. Not sure why it does it, but it does. If you rotate your picture before you load it up it will fix it.

Off to share the latest.

Offline halnarthax87

• Non-Canonical Legend
  • Commander
« Reply #296 on: November 11, 2017, 06:34:27 AM »
Up next, my own imperial mad scientist... who yes, looks an awful lot like Admiral Screed. Specializing in cybernetics he experiments on imperial prisoners turning them into obedient cyborg super soldiers. Oh, and the other guy. In the latest Marvel Star Wars issue Ashes of Jedha part 1, we're introduced to Commander Kanchar, who is this crazy sinister mash of Captain Hook, Tee-hee and I'd say... Ernest Hemingway? Well, anyway, he's pretty badass so I just had to make him.

-H.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #297 on: November 11, 2017, 07:10:55 AM »
Kind of reminds me a bit of Trapjaw with that arm too. Nice all the way around. Off to share.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #298 on: November 14, 2017, 10:42:21 PM »
Nice job on the Partisans - I particularly like the build on the Lasat.

I like the Admiral Screed character as well :) Great set of updates.

Offline halnarthax87

• Non-Canonical Legend
  • Commander
« Reply #299 on: January 12, 2023, 04:42:43 PM »
*Pokes head out from under rock*
So uh… last time I posted was pre The Last Jedi…

I liked it a lot. The fandom reaction sent me into a spiral of depression rivaling Luke’s… perhaps that’s why it spoke to me.
Ah well. Let’s see… my reactions to all things SW since 2017 are as follows…
The Last Jedi: Liked it a lot and it continues to grow on me. I think I almost love it now.
Solo A Star Wars Story: That was fun.
Star Wars Resistance: Oh yeah. That exists.
Clone Wars Season 7: Still crying. In a good way.
The Rise of Skywalker: I didn’t hate it.
The Mandalorian: What do you think… … … (It’s great)
The Bad Batch: Fun as hell.
Book of Boba Fett: … might be the definition of a guilty pleasure for me.
Kenobi: Ups and downs, but the ups far outweigh the downs for me.
Andor: The best Star Wars thing since 1977 and yes I’m counting ESB so DON’T ASK… heresy I know… but that show left me SHAKING
Anyway, that about brings us up to speed. Let’s see… I made my Commander Kanchar look slightly better.

-H.