Author Topic: The Non-Canonical Legend of Narthax  (Read 45941 times)

Offline Rezikai

• Lieutenant
  • Drawing Star Wars comics since 1986!
Re: Narthax's Customs
« Reply #225 on: August 02, 2014, 07:39:33 PM »
It's kind of complicated. What they did was separate all the Star Wars EU material into the categories "Canon" and "Legends." Canon is what has basically been stamped and approved by Lucas, and everything else in the Legends category is up in the air. They're sort of saying that they won't erase it from Star Wars history... but it may not have actually happened and is therefore more of a... well, legend.
Frankly, I'm not against them cleaning up the EU. We tend to forget that for every good novel or comic there has been a lot of sub-par, questionable, and occasionally flat out bad stuff put out there. Not gonna name names but FORCE UNLEASHED II... and I'm not so keen on the first one either. As long as the Rogue Squadron, Thrawn Trilogy, basically everything big up to the Yuuzhan Vong invasion I'm in favor of keeping... I have to say after the whole Vong thing started and they started killing off characters just for attention (Chewie, Anakin, Ackbar, Mara, Jacen, etc...) well I say I'm fine with all that being cut out.
We live in an Expanded Universe where Mara Jade dies, but Admiral Daala is still alive... not okay with me.

I can see your point,... but I was never a Mara Jade fan, while she was an ex-imperial agent I liked that she took that side but the neutralism that Tallon Kardde had kinda irritated me and it bled over to her character.

Admiral Daala wasn't award winningly written by KJA thats for sure, she dissapeared for years after turning over Imperial control to Paeleon, but returned later I think as an older woman... meh... Daala surviving isnt that big of a deal to me, I'd prefer seeing other women not turn from the empire as Juno Eclipse/Deena Shan did. Too often women in the empire were used as mere unique plot markers, like Isarde in the Rogue Squadron comics instead of showing the grit and will it would take for a woman to go through the ranks of the heavily sexist empire. Oh for that matter use that sexism for thier own advantage. *shrugs* I dunno, just thinking out loud.

One of these days someone needs to make the pilots from Otaking77077's 2 min star wars anime clip and give them backstories.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tBM2ZfncoU

The female bomber pilot looked kewl.

Offline ghostskull18

• Brigadier
  • "customs that are so good, they're scary"
« Reply #226 on: August 02, 2014, 07:57:37 PM »
The elmo made me laugh, I needed that thanks, btw awesome custom work!

Offline I-am-Boba-Fett

• Brigadier
    • Riff Valley Design Works
« Reply #227 on: August 02, 2014, 09:12:16 PM »
Great custom work! Master Elmo is just Awesome!  ;D

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #228 on: August 03, 2014, 05:32:39 AM »
Master Elmo looks good on the front page. I can here his maniacal laugh already!

Offline Hanzo_the_Razor

• Lieutenant
« Reply #229 on: August 03, 2014, 07:31:28 AM »
Jedi Elmo has just made my day. My kids and I can't stop laughing.
“Once you've got a task to do, it's better to do it than live with the fear of it." - Logen Ninefingers

Offline customjedi

• Commander
    • Customjedi on Facebook
« Reply #230 on: August 03, 2014, 08:32:05 AM »
That fuzzy, red Jedi will cut off your arms and legs and then tickle you to death.
I dabble in the Star Wars Universe of Toys... I rip apart little plastic people and turn them into other plastic people. Sometimes I take pictures of them and post them.

Customjedi on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/customjedi

Offline halnarthax87

• Non-Canonical Legend
  • Commander
« Reply #231 on: August 03, 2014, 01:24:58 PM »
Coming soon... Master Grover. Or as he would say Maaaast... ... ... ... er Grover!!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 01:29:32 PM by halnarthax87 »
The exploits of my life are less canonical than they are legendary.

-H.

Offline Sjefke

• Commodore
  • The Yuzzum is in
« Reply #232 on: August 03, 2014, 01:38:35 PM »
I just love Master Grover.  
Is he just made of pipe cleaners?  
Freaking brilliant.

That fuzzy, red Jedi will cut off your arms and legs and then tickle you to death.
ROFL
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 01:40:06 PM by Sjefke »

Offline halnarthax87

• Non-Canonical Legend
  • Commander
« Reply #233 on: August 03, 2014, 02:05:26 PM »
Pipe cleaners and a little bit of sculpey and paint and crazy glue. I think I'm gonna do a whole series of muppet Jedi... and Sith.

-H.

Offline ActionFigEmpire

• TK-9849 of Garrison Excelsior
  • Brigadier
  • Action Figure Empire
    • Action Figure Empire
« Reply #234 on: August 05, 2014, 05:45:49 AM »
I'm so glad you said that! I would love to see the same treatment that the Disney cartoons (Mickey, Goofy, etc.) received for their Star Wars incarnations, done with Sesame Street and the Muppets! Now, is Fozzie Bear Chewbacca? Or is it Rowlf, the dog?

"The Empire has a legion of loyal soldiers that are in endless supply."
"Only Imperial stormtroopers are so precise."
"For the Empire!"
http://actionfigureempire.blogspot.com/

Offline halnarthax87

• Non-Canonical Legend
  • Commander
No one expects the Imperial Inquisitor!
« Reply #235 on: August 16, 2014, 06:31:44 AM »
I don't know about you, but I was pretty stoked about the Inquisitor since he was first announced, and continue to be so as the character keeps receiving more good news. I know a lot of people cried, "Why can't we just have Vader?" or "There can only be two Sith!" or whatever else. I knew there were plenty of reasons Vader couldn't be the primary antagonist on Rebels. For starters, the main characters aren't important enough for Vader's attention, and if he did come after them it would be a very short series. Otherwise Vader would turn into a bumbling cartoon villain who gets foiled every week.
Second, the Inquisitors have been a part of the EU for a while and I think it's awesome that we get a Star Wars version of the Spanish Inquisition. My only hope is we get a "No one expects the Imperial Inquisition." at least once...
Plus, he's Jason Isaacs and looks like Voldemort. Could we ask for more from Vader's henchman?

-H.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #236 on: August 16, 2014, 10:42:01 AM »
Your Inquisitor looks good! Off to share.

Offline halnarthax87

• Non-Canonical Legend
  • Commander
This guy
« Reply #237 on: August 16, 2014, 08:04:53 PM »
Whew, I actually did it... I put together a Pong Krell. I didn't get a four armed figure, but rather hooked the upper torso of one GI Joe figure to another and it actually worked. He still needs a little detail work, the gauntlets mostly. Still I'm just so happy with how this turned out.

-H.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #238 on: August 17, 2014, 07:42:22 AM »
Wow, that is just fantastic! Man way to go HN87!

I am all over this on the fp.

Offline halnarthax87

• Non-Canonical Legend
  • Commander
« Reply #239 on: August 17, 2014, 09:03:33 AM »
There... slightly more finished. Still haven't figured out how to do his white armor gauntlets but at least I got the armbands and his tunic is the proper color now.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 11:45:16 AM by halnarthax87 »

-H.