Author Topic: The Non-Canonical Legend of Narthax  (Read 45975 times)

Offline halnarthax87

• Non-Canonical Legend
  • Commander
The Non-Canonical Legend of Narthax
« on: June 02, 2011, 07:57:45 AM »
The Jedi Knight series is still my favorite Star Wars video game series after all these newcomers, battlefront, KOTOR, TFU, etc. And of course about the best part of Jedi Academy is creating your own character... whose name will be Jaden Korr regardless but oh well. Here are two incarnations of Jaden, based on outfits from the game.
Their looks are based off Jadens from the game, but in my little world they're based on my girlfriend's and my Star Wars alter egos. :D
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 07:04:39 AM by halnarthax87 »
The exploits of my life are less canonical than they are legendary.

-H.

Offline botwt

• Brigadier
    • Botwt's Star Wars Figure Collection
Re: Narthax's Customs
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 12:20:52 PM »
Nicely done!  :D

Offline halnarthax87

• Non-Canonical Legend
  • Commander
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 12:22:26 PM »
And of course Tavion, Desann and Kyle.
Just a little repaint on Kyle, and the other two are more or less made from spare parts. Tavion doesn't look too terribly game accurate, lacking the face paint and other details.

-H.

Offline SITHHAPPENS

• I LOVE IT WHEN A CUSTOM COMES TOGETHER!
  • Major
    • sanitariumcustoms.blogspot.com
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 01:33:55 PM »
LOOKS COOL!

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2011, 04:13:34 PM »
Interesting takes on Jaden Korr; I'm always up for a good use of the Kyle Katarn fig torso.

Welcome to the Yards!

Light side, dark side...meh.  Just give me a lightsaber and a blaster and I'll take care of it!

Offline halnarthax87

• Non-Canonical Legend
  • Commander
Imperial High Command
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2011, 10:55:38 AM »
From left to right: Mara Jade (Emperor's Hand), Sate Pestage (Grand Vizier), Palpatine (Emperor of the Universe), Grand Admiral Thrawn, Grand Admiral Ishin-Il-Raz, Grand Admiral Miltin Takel. Oh and, Mas Amedda, Darth Vader and the guards are in there, but they're not customized.
I didn't like the paint job on the new Mara Jade figure, so I altered it a bit. Sate Pestage was the result of having too many variations on Tarkin.
As for Palpatine... we still haven't gotten the perfect Palpatine figure... they keep coming CLOSE but f***ing it up in some minor way. The grey skinned target exclusive figure and the force unleashed editions came closest... but his hood looked awful. Then they gave us another variation on that same figure, but it looked like the now obsolete composite Emperor from the original Empire. And the vintage Sidious, while cool, still didn't give us the classic emperor look. I've made a few customized Emperors but this is probably my best version, with the old Power of the Force Palpatine's head on the new figure's body.

-H.

Offline halnarthax87

• Non-Canonical Legend
  • Commander
Imperial High Command
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2011, 10:57:03 AM »
From left to right: Mara Jade (Emperor's Hand), Sate Pestage (Grand Vizier), Palpatine (Emperor of the Universe), Grand Admiral Thrawn, Grand Admiral Ishin-Il-Raz, Grand Admiral Miltin Takel. Oh and, Mas Amedda, Darth Vader and the guards are in there, but they're not customized.
I didn't like the paint job on the new Mara Jade figure, so I altered it a bit. Sate Pestage was the result of having too many variations on Tarkin.
As for Palpatine... we still haven't gotten the perfect Palpatine figure... they keep coming CLOSE but f***ing it up in some minor way. The grey skinned target exclusive figure and the force unleashed editions came closest... but his hood looked awful. Then they gave us another variation on that same figure, but it looked like the now obsolete composite Emperor from the original Empire. And the vintage Sidious, while cool, still didn't give us the classic emperor look. I've made a few customized Emperors but this is probably my best version, with the old Power of the Force Palpatine's head on the new figure's body.

-H.

Offline Mungo Baobab

• Customs Merchant
  • Marshal
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2011, 12:24:43 PM »
Nicely done!

Offline halnarthax87

• Non-Canonical Legend
  • Commander
More stuff
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2011, 04:40:04 AM »
Just some random old customs I found in my library.

Liberating Coruscant, rebel snipers, female rebel fleet trooper, imperial harassment.

-H.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2011, 07:13:40 AM »
Great stuff all around man! I love the alien you have created and the Rebels raising the flag is super cool! Welcome to the yards!

Offline halnarthax87

• Non-Canonical Legend
  • Commander
Classic Buns
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2011, 07:51:45 AM »
Hasbro has made some great strides with Leia figures recently. The latest version of her in her Hoth gear looked just about dead on... except she was too pale and her hair was too dark, but the sculpt was just about perfect (I may have to repaint that one). And then there was that figure of her at the end of ESB, which also looked great and the coloring was perfect as well. Still... not satisfied. We haven't gotten an updated Leia in her classic clothes... well actually we did, but without the classic buns, so I took the ESB figure and attached the head of the power of the force Leia, which still holds up well today. So here she is posing with John Williams touching "Comically Long Gun Theme" playing... in my mind. :P

-H.

Offline halnarthax87

• Non-Canonical Legend
  • Commander
Imperial Officers
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2011, 01:29:09 PM »
I have a little too much fun with the Imps. I wanted to just have enough to line up as seen in ROTJ, so I ended up getting several of those Luke Skyalker and Deena Shan packs. After swapping a few heads I realized there were too many with the same face which clashed with the others... so I end up with several, several different officers, and enough females for an Imperial Womens Corps. Right now they're all basically generic (cept Daala there), I'll go through and name them someday, unless anyone else has any ideas. Shout em out.
I actually wish there could have been one or two female imperial baddies in the films, I know the Empire is supposed to be male chauvinist but a strong, cold, confident villainess is more intimidating than a dude. Even in the prequels we kind of missed out, we saw Aurra Sing for all of two seconds, and she made a hell of a villainess in the EU. Oh well, and I always thought the uniform was kinda sexy. :D

Like the Naziesque Imperial banners?

And while it was a valid concern mentioned on the front page of the site (to any toy collector I'm sure...) the cost wasn't as great as one might think. I was quite careful in acquiring these in an economic way. I got the first few at Targets, but most of them I got for real cheap on Ebay and at a local owned store in my city. Fortunately these aren't too popular amongst the kiddies, so I get em for a few bucks a pop. :D
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 02:33:11 PM by halnarthax87 »

-H.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2011, 01:40:48 PM »
Wow, that group of Imperial Officers is most impressive.

Back on the front page.

Offline botwt

• Brigadier
    • Botwt's Star Wars Figure Collection
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2011, 04:42:29 PM »
Yikes, that is alot of officers...now you'll need legions of Stormtroopers for them to lead around. :D
Well done!

Offline halnarthax87

• Non-Canonical Legend
  • Commander
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2011, 05:25:33 PM »
Oh crap you're right... there should be more stormtroopers than officers...

-H.