Author Topic: The Non-Canonical Legend of Narthax  (Read 45951 times)

Offline Art deWhill

• Marshal
  • I am making this up as I go.
    • Art deWhill's Canvas
Re: Narthax's Customs
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2011, 09:28:15 AM »
what a great bunch!!! cool figures and story. top!!

Offline halnarthax87

• Non-Canonical Legend
  • Commander
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2011, 11:13:53 AM »
Thank you all for your kind words. There's a lot of talent on these forums, and I'm just glad to be one small part of it.  ;D

I have a lot to more get up, just trying to spread it out a little.
The exploits of my life are less canonical than they are legendary.

-H.

Offline halnarthax87

• Non-Canonical Legend
  • Commander
Mopey Dark Jedi
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2011, 12:13:24 PM »
This is my little slam on Twilight. I've taken what the heroes are in that series, and made them as they should be. Villains.
A cult of dark jedi who are all jealous of the jedi. They're a cult of sociopaths, sadists, comprised mostly of spoiled, pretentious, whiny, sullen, mopey teenagers, all deadly with a lightsaber and the darkside but aren't nearly as powerful as they boast.
Okay, they're mostly based on the Reborn and Disciples of Ragnos cults, but after being dragged to two Twilight movies I came to see that the "heroes" of those films make fascinating villains.
Sadly the day is rapidly approaching when I can't make fun of Twilight anymore. Soon it will be completely culturally irrelevant. A shame, it was just too damn easy to mock.  ;D
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 12:17:38 PM by halnarthax87 »

-H.

Offline RebelAce

• Wedge Antilles' Wingman
  • Lieutenant
  • "Good Luck! See you at the rendezvous!"
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2011, 01:35:29 PM »
Good, Good.  My hate and distaste for everything twilight runs deep.  You portray those (dare i say "characters"?) exactly how they should be in a SW universe.  The only good thing about twilight was that it made the AotC love story a tad bit more bearable...

Offline halnarthax87

• Non-Canonical Legend
  • Commander
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2011, 03:12:53 PM »
Hahaha, thanks, we must all come to terms with the AOTC love story in our own way... I've come to accept it, soppy and melodramatic and slightly flawed as it was. As clunky as it was, it actually had some decent subtle foreshadowing for what was to come... it's just hard to notice when facepalming every time they speak.  vadsab

-H.

Offline lucasclones_strikes_back

• Clone Commander
  • Commander
  • THe skill and creativity of a 12 year old!
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2011, 03:18:33 PM »
AHAHAHAHAHA LOL   ;D

I maybe little but i make one shot and one kill... At a cool custom-one more thing ITSA TRAP!

Offline ActionFigEmpire

• TK-9849 of Garrison Excelsior
  • Brigadier
  • Action Figure Empire
    • Action Figure Empire
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2011, 07:56:25 AM »
Good lord. You know you're a fan when you watch AotC in the theaters and feel embarrassed for the people that are just there to see a movie. The problem with those scenes (I know there's a billion) but one major one is that the lines suck. Whoever wrote the newer films lost all the tongue in cheek humor, the swashbuckling, the snarkiness of the OT writing. Instead you've got stiff overacting that sucks all the air out of the room and makes you cringe. Add in a huge pile of CGI and make everything--droids, starships, aliens, a bit too shiny to be the past and you've got a very top heavy visually appealing but content-lacking lead balloon of a film. I happen to enjoy the stories the new movies spawned in books, comics, video games etc. But absolutely am a hard core OT fan. Have you ever played "count the sneers and scowls?" I think everyone but the droids and starships sneers/scowls in those movies. They really do the "looking up through your eyebrows leer" waaaaaay too much.

I've been angry with Lucas for a long while now for creating a technologically clunky, albeit awesome Empire that basically ran on old 1970s technology and Star Trek computers with flashing lights in the background was supposed to evolve from a past that had the internet and everything was clean and shiny and new. It's like the internet was the past and now we have the fax machine here in the future. Silly Lucas.

Ok enough ranting...

"The Empire has a legion of loyal soldiers that are in endless supply."
"Only Imperial stormtroopers are so precise."
"For the Empire!"
http://actionfigureempire.blogspot.com/

Offline halnarthax87

• Non-Canonical Legend
  • Commander
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2011, 08:51:12 AM »
Good lord. You know you're a fan when you watch AotC in the theaters and feel embarrassed for the people that are just there to see a movie. The problem with those scenes (I know there's a billion) but one major one is that the lines suck. Whoever wrote the newer films lost all the tongue in cheek humor, the swashbuckling, the snarkiness of the OT writing. Instead you've got stiff overacting that sucks all the air out of the room and makes you cringe. Add in a huge pile of CGI and make everything--droids, starships, aliens, a bit too shiny to be the past and you've got a very top heavy visually appealing but content-lacking lead balloon of a film. I happen to enjoy the stories the new movies spawned in books, comics, video games etc. But absolutely am a hard core OT fan. Have you ever played "count the sneers and scowls?" I think everyone but the droids and starships sneers/scowls in those movies. They really do the "looking up through your eyebrows leer" waaaaaay too much.

I've been angry with Lucas for a long while now for creating a technologically clunky, albeit awesome Empire that basically ran on old 1970s technology and Star Trek computers with flashing lights in the background was supposed to evolve from a past that had the internet and everything was clean and shiny and new. It's like the internet was the past and now we have the fax machine here in the future. Silly Lucas.

Ok enough ranting...

You bring up some legit points, but allow me to provide a little perspective. Yes it's true that the Empire's technology was clunkier than the Old Republic. The prequels were set in a gilded age, when the glory and pomp of the Republic was at its peak, everything was shiny and new which covered up the corruption eating away within, whereas the old trilogy had more of a post-apocalyptic setting with a clear distinction between the haves and have nots.
As to Lucas himself... I've come to forgive him for his writing devolving from lines like "Never tell me the odds" to "Are you an angel?" Why? Because his own story matches Anakin/Vader's story soooo eerily well. He was a young artist who wanted independence from the hollywood system, and he was a hero in those days for risking everything to not only become a great director but re-energizing the hollywood system itself and ultimately changing film for the better. However, his motivation was the control he wanted over his art... much like Anakin's motives for control. As a result Lucas who wanted nothing to do with the corporations ended up becoming head of a corporation himself, thus becoming the very thing he swore to destroy ;). Thus... the prequels were sub par because by that time he was more of a businessman than an artist.
The irony is just too great for me to stay mad at the guy. And since his story is Darth Vader's, there is good in him, we can save him we can turn him back to the good side. ;)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 08:52:52 AM by halnarthax87 »

-H.

• Clone Commander
  • Commander
« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2011, 10:15:00 AM »
Good use for TWILIGHT those people how do they get the idea of that movie although i never watched it and I DON'T WANNA

I maybe little but i make one shot and one kill... At a cool custom-one more thing ITSA TRAP!

Offline Mungo Baobab

• Customs Merchant
  • Marshal
« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2011, 11:28:52 AM »
Great idea!

• Clone Commander
  • Commander
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2011, 02:29:30 PM »
Great idea!
One of the funniest ideas I've seen on here.  ;D ;D ;D

Offline halnarthax87

• Non-Canonical Legend
  • Commander
Tavion Reloaded
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2011, 11:46:31 AM »
It's that seductive sassy sith squeeze Tavion Axmis. She made a good human villainess in the Jedi Knight series. She first appeared as the cold yet sultry assistant to the Dark Jedi Desann, and a supremely confident braggart as well. She proves herself to be a worthy adversary but then reveals herself to be a sniveling coward when Kyle Katarn defeats her, subsequently saving herself from Kyle's wrath. After Desann's defeat she rallies his former followers and creates a new cult dedicated to resurrecting the ancient sith lord Marka Ragnos. She's just as arrogant and self-serving as before, but now she's hell bent on revenge and fearless.
I made a figure of her before to go along with my Marka Ragnos figure, but never truly finished it. now I've repainted it and given it Tavion's face and body paint.

-H.

Offline halnarthax87

• Non-Canonical Legend
  • Commander
Trandoshan Hunters
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2011, 06:42:32 PM »
I wanted to include in my fan fiction a sort of "Most Dangerous Game" scenario involving trandoshans... and then Clone Wars did it. But that didn't stop me from making a crew of trandoshan badasses. I should be giving partial credit as someone else on the forum added the skull belt to a trandoshan... but alas I've forgotten who that was. If you're looking, give a shout out. While the belt of skulls is awesome, the Grievous cape, red spacesuit, and severed head they're parading around were all my doing. They make some formidable adversaries. 0/

-H.

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2011, 06:45:52 PM »
Nice pic of the Trandos!

Gotta feel a bit sorry for Juno/Deena/whoever's head is on that stick!   :o

Light side, dark side...meh.  Just give me a lightsaber and a blaster and I'll take care of it!

Offline halnarthax87

• Non-Canonical Legend
  • Commander
« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2011, 06:47:05 PM »
Yeah... with all those custom fem officers I made, I had a few spare Juno heads... she got the short end of the stick.

-H.