Author Topic: How would have ep1 made???  (Read 4161 times)

Offline clonetrooper360

• Commander
How would have ep1 made???
« on: May 01, 2009, 11:00:51 PM »
so yeah i was thing since the cloverfield post about originality but lack of story telling , like the SW-OT  really original andgreat story telling , may be thats why the new trilogy wasnt so welcomed by fans since it wanst "brining anything new to the table"  so then i got this idea , WHAT IF  george lucas made us get to know little ani more , i think the audience wouldve simpathized way more with the nw trlgy, like by making us feell with him, a simple pod race wont do, especially knowing that he never finished a race and now suddenly cuz qui gon came he turn into michael schummaher  that was to easy , i think george should ve used the slave side of ani , made him suffer as a slave and make the audience suffer with him and feel with so we can connect , that hes not jsut some chosen one kid  with force blast coming out of his farts , but some kid who has to fight for survival , and eventually touch the darkside ! sorry mr.lucas but making a sweet little boy who cares about otehr and whos dream is to become a jedi turn into a ep2 smart mouth horny litttle  jackass   just doenst go with me . if my dream was to become a jedi, i would do everything obi wan tells me and never EVER question him  becasue i would so happy aobut the chance of getting out of slavery and turning itno a jedi isntead of being a smartmouth .  about the rest of the movie i dont mind i like everything else maybe less jar jar scenes , but star wars does need a comic characater , maybe i wouldve killed him in ep2 jsut to tease the fans  >:D and i do like the bttal for naabbo , even ani blowing up the droid ship cuz in the end, its like father like son

so do u guys agree with my anakin better than lucas? whats would  be ur ep 1 ?
May the Force be with you !

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: How would have ep1 made???
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2009, 05:50:46 AM »
Good points Alex. I think they could have done much better than Hayden if you ask me. He pretty much killed the anakn character for me. I think they should have done a little bit more with young ani too. The problem with the prequels imo opinion is that the storyline got sidelined for the spectacle of the special effects. The story seemed to kind of be an afterthought and forced in places. I think the best storyline was the Clone origins in AOTC, but that is the only storyline I found worthy of the Star Wars label.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2009, 06:00:47 AM »
You are right about the story suffering from the neccesity of the effects shots. They didn't have effects like this in the old days and had to rely more on story and character development.
  I do like Alex's idea of a suffering slave anakin. We should have seen him struggle to find the good in things until qui gon showed him the way. I really liked the Qui gon character. He was kind of a rebel of the Jedi order way of doing things. They should have shown that quality more.

Offline clonetrooper360

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2009, 08:54:09 AM »
I SOO AGREE!! the kamino part , and genosis is the only thing i watch on ep2  because it finnaly reveals teh face inside the stormtrroper that was in everyone imagination for year!  i loved the qui gon character  their duel on nabbo was the best , seeing a young obi wan was also nice, i think that  if george had cut uneccesarry scenes and develped the characters more it wouldve been way better, like the scene at the planets core with all that fish , that had no point  jsut action , cut all that and develope the story better , as a 9 year old when i watched ep1 i didnt understand on wth the helll was a trade federation adn why they wre attacking on nabbo  ??? for a kid there was no explanation at all , but when i saw the OT when i was 6 with no clue of english  depending on my mothers wispered translation during the movie i understood everything , i think geoerge tried to over develop the sotry and lacked the basic story telling on the characters , like  creating all that senate , emergency powers, and etc. but not developing the characters ,  i wish he stayed withe his first draft idea for episode 2 about darth sidious pretending to be a jedi sifo dyas , instead of  creating a whole new jedi that had absolutly no point in the story on why the hell he created the clone army and noone else new , creating darth tyrannus which later was never mentioned again only as count dookuu so why create that in the first place???? and why would the jedis use clones created by a darth??????? or did that jsut slip out of the jedi councils mind?????? thats why i like the video reviews of http://confusedmatthew.com/index.php  he makes fun some times but he does always make a point on his review aobut plot holes and things like   ^-^

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2009, 09:52:29 AM »
I think my favorite scene in ep 1 was right at the beginning, when qui gon and young obi wan were hacking their way through battle droids on the TF ship and get to the locked door of the bridge. Man when qui gon plunged his light saber to the hilt in that door and they showed it's effect on the other side, I was thinking "holy cow, this is going to be great!" And then the destroyer droids were introduced and my jaw dropped. It wasn't too long after that when they introduced us to Jar Jar and my excitement kind of slacked off, after that.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2009, 03:00:05 PM »
Good point about the Clone Army Alex. Just why in the world would they ever trust soldiers developed by a Sith? I think for me that gotcha moment for the prequels was in AOTC when the clones were fighting in all that dust on Geonosis and that gunship dropped that atte.

Offline masterfett

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2009, 09:37:10 PM »
This is why I dislike prequels because your hands are tied trying to write a story so that it doesn't disrupt the continuity.

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2009, 01:10:04 PM »
I only like the new trilogy because it has natalie portman.

Hubba hubba.

Offline Cimter

• Cultural Minister
  • Brigadier
  • "Hey, it's me"
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2009, 03:34:07 PM »
How would I have made EP1 better and more interesting.

1) Make Anakin older say about 14 and not the hero of the day, use him like they did Short Round in Indiana Jones - Comic Relief.  However still make him strong in the force just at that point not focused, and they can still introduce him to the Jedi Council.  Also still have Watto take him in but don't make him a slave, also don't have him with a mother - you could do a flashback scene to his mother being killed by Tusken Raiders, and hence thats how he ended up with Watto and at the Droid Shop (I can see it now new settlers going into the Dune Seas to set up another Moisture Farming area, they get ambushed by Tusken Raiders (just like in the old west movies where you see the wagon trains going across America) which slaughter every male except Anakin who is hidden by his mother, and the last scene you see from this would be the child seeing his mother being led away with the other women by the Tusken Raiders, Watto then finds the remains of the Wagon Train and takes the hidden child back to civilization), it would also portray the Tusken Raiders in a similar fashion to Plains Indians and the Moisture Farmers as the White Man.

2) Focus more on Obi Wan Kenobi and Qui Gon Jin, make Obi Wan Kenobi the Hero of this Episode.

3) Make Padme Naberrie (Padme Organa and 16 years old), have her a Princess of Alderaan, and feature more on Alderaan, instead of making her a Senator and Queen, make her the sister to Queen Breha Organa and a Senator in Training. This would also set up the scene for Princess Leia Organa being handed to Queen Breha Organa and then they could tell Breha there was twins but the second one didn't make it.

4) The Race make it  more like the Droids Boonta Eve Race, and make Obi Wan Kenobi the Racer, also make the other racers Established Alien Races or ones that had appeared in say the WEG source material, instead of most of the racers they had.

5) Never ever put Jar Jar Binks in Star Wars or the Gungans in general.  Have Bail Organa and the Alderaanians appear more, so we could see the beginnings of the rebels.

7) Lets see more of the Jedis sooner, actually it would have been cooler if they could have made the battle involve Jedis and the Alderaanians instead of the Gungans and the Naboonians going against the Battle Droids (also make them more of a threat instead of stupid) and the Sepratists.

8) Also the space battle have Obi Wan Kenobi Win this one with the help of Alderaanian pilots.

9) Darth Maul shouldn't have died so soon and should have made to the second movie.

10) Qui Gon Jin should have died at the Hands of Darth Maul on the Battlefields of Alderaan at the end of the Movie, while Anakin and Obi Wan watch and can't do anything about it (a nice little tribute to what will happen to Ben and Luke).

Just a few suggestions.

« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 09:44:52 AM by Cimter »

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2009, 02:14:57 AM »
1. No more Jar Jar
2. Troopers and clones to be introduced from Ep.1
3. No %^$# midichlorians
4. Fett to remain a mystery in OT (so no Fett in PT)
5. Anakin will be Vader, make him become Vader in a better way than this
6. Better plots during the 3 prequel movies
7. Palpatine to be slowly transformed into the ugly emperor we know not in a few seconds because of the lightning (this is ROTS but still)
8. Clone Wars in OT made me think of a battle between clones, not between clones and droids.
9. TPM should not have focused on Naboo only, but on the entire galaxy
10. Lucas had to listen more to the fans, the continuity is sometimes totally non existent
Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away
My collection
Trade Feedback

Offline TheCloneCommander

• Commodore
    • TheCloneCommander
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2009, 03:00:47 AM »
Okay this is a great topic.....

First and foremost i would scrape  any and all elements of EP 1 Period!!!

back when i was a kid (derrrrr) and first watched SW (ANH) and hearing Obi Wan talk about the clone wars and the Jedi and i quote... "That's what your uncle told you. He didn't hold with your father's ideals. Thought he should have stayed here and not gotten involved."..... sounds to me Anakin would have been 16/17 teen and Owen would have been 20 when the
clone wars begun and would have joined the resistance alone side the Jedi and fight the clones, (but the jedi would not have been Monk like beings, instead would have had family's and so on)
Anakin would have joined to fight against the Clones and would have proved him self a great fighter pilot... surviving a few awesome battles.

"He was the best star-pilot in the galaxy, and a cunning warrior. I understand you've become quite a good pilot yourself. And he was a good friend. Which reminds me..."
this line tells me that That Obi Wan heard of these battles and eventually would have met Anakin before a major battle campaign and sensed some within him in the force...
after yet again winning or losing this battle, Obi Wan would have approached him and explained why he was doing so well as a fighter pilot. and would have begun his training towards the end of EP 1...

"I have something here for you. Your father wanted you to have this when you were old enough, but your uncle wouldn't allow it. He feared you might follow old Obi-Wan on some damned-fool idealistic crusade like your father did." through out the wars Anakin would have trained to become a Jedi and would have met and befriended many people and one such person say a beautiful women from Alderaan, and during times of R & R he would taken her back to met Owen and then would have started there family back on Alderaan, thus have given birth to Luke and Leia.

"General Kenobi, years ago you served my father in the Clone Wars. Now he begs you to help him in his struggle against the Empire."
Bail Organa  would have been a high ranking officer in the wars  and would have set many missions for the Jedi (Remember Jedi are knights when i think of knights i think of the round table) thus making Obi Wan and Anakin have some ties with Alderaan and doing a mission or 2 there. all this to happen in EP 2.

"A young Jedi named Darth Vader, who was a pupil of mine until he turned to evil, helped the Empire hunt down and destroy the Jedi Knights. He betrayed and murdered your father. Now the Jedi are all but extinct. Vader was seduced by the dark side of the Force."
so in EP3 we could have finally seen who was behind the Clone Wars and met Palpatine as a Sith Lord, Palps would have heard about Anakin through out the wars and how much damage he was causing, and sent his apprentice off to cripple him, then finding that he was so strong in the force he wanted him for himself and ordered the killing of anakin's wife and young children, hoping to turn Anakin to the dark side with the pain of his loss and revenging their deaths and killing the apprentice not noting he was one of Palps's agents...
thinking that it was jedi's that killed his family and setting out to destroy them all. then when he finally caught up with Obi Wan who tried to help Anakins family only able to save the kids and sensing how full of the dark side he was did not tell him that they had survived and tried to help him back to the light side but ended up dueling it out with him like so at the end of the now EP3

Well that's what i would have like to have seen..... ;D

« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 03:12:35 AM by TheCloneCommander »

A well-built sniper rifle is a beautiful thing. Ours has two zoom modes, "Up close and personal" and "Hello, you're dead

Offline beige-4

• When the unknown speak , people listen .
  • Banned
  • Admiral
  • your famous ! bask in it !
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2010, 11:41:01 AM »
dream is to become a jedi turn into a ep2 smart mouth horny litttle  jackass   just doenst go with me . if my dream was to become a jedi, i would do everything obi wan tells me and never EVER question him... from the first post

because he felt he was too good for the other jedi and felt obi wan inferior

Offline clonetrooper360

• Commander
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2011, 11:02:35 AM »
i knows it been a long long itme since someone replied but have been gone for a long long time too, and checking through my new replies list ,

i love the sotries posted here , i agree with everyone , and it seem liek these idea are the most comomn between sw fans , what i dont understand is  what in the force has done to make george lucas make these prequels they way they are, i was hoping for new added scenes on the prequels for the blue rays but  nothing will change :( i think the dark side corrupted george lucas , hasbro won and now star wars is about selling toys and not story telling  DH

Offline RebelAce

• Wedge Antilles' Wingman
  • Lieutenant
  • "Good Luck! See you at the rendezvous!"
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2011, 10:31:36 PM »
I know I'm late to the conversation but I would like to add to this discussion.  I think one of the biggest problems with Ep.1 is that there are no *main* characters.  Was it Anakin's story?  Anakin doesn't even show up until halfway through the film.  What about Obi-Wan?  Obi-Wan spent nearly all his screen time with Qui-Gon or stayed behind on the queen's ship.  No characterization is another issue.  Watch the original trilogy and any one person could write a whole essay on each character or at the very least, identify with one.  Not so much with the prequel trilogy.  But I digress, as these points have been made time and again.

George Lucas had unlimited power and the final say with all decisions made for the films.  I don't know if there is any truth to it, but I could see editors, writers, cast and crew all afraid to question the word of the almighty Lucas.  George just wrote the script, handed it to the director and sat in front of a blue screen for hours on end.  Was it Rick McCullem who said that every scene had a digital image in it?  Who cares?  That's not why I loved episodes IV, V, and VI.  I loved those because the story was engaging and intriguing with different archetypes, not like the cookie-cutter characters thrown onto a blue screen and told to "act surprised" while falling down.

So would I do to make it better?  Well I'd go back to basics with the archetype characters: The wise instructor (Qui-Gon)  The defiant/cocky padawan (Obi-Wan) A tag-along/sidekick (Anakin)  and potential love interest in Padme.  Someone said Anakin should have been older in Ep.1, I agree with this especially if the whole love interest storyline was going to be forced upon us.  I don't know of anyone that I went to school with that could put the moves on someone 7-10 years his senior.  Plus it didn't make a whole lot of sense in the later films where Anakin gets older and Padme looks the same age...  Could be something in the water on Naboo I suppose, but moving on.  Politics.  If I wanted to watch a senate discuss and debate politics, I'd turn on C-Span.  I love how Lucas always try to say that these films were geared towards children.  Please show me a child who has a basic comprehension of their respective political structure, and i will show you a future presidential candidate.  I have enough room for about 3-5 minutes of political discussion in my Star Wars.  I really disliked the first half of Clone Wars: Season 3 for this reason too.  I believe that the prequels should have been Obi-Wan's story with Anakin tied in, but I always get the feeling that Lucas couldn't decide who he wanted to be the main character so he tried to work both at the same time, and ultimately came up short. 

Just my 2 credits.   

Offline Trandoshanslaver1138

• let the "experts" handle this.
  • Lieutenant
  • a sceduled break
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2011, 09:46:04 AM »
I think that there was an omnicient point of view in the story. That point of view was used in the other movies, but not nearly as much. this viewpoint is rairly used in movies, so I believe that that`s what makes this movie a little unique. Plus Goerge Lucas needed to tell everything that was going on because this story leads to the progression of the other stories; especially the clone wars which leads to order 66 which leads to the empire which leads to the rebelion( acording to the Force Unleashed stories) which leads to the new republic which leads to the new jedi order which leads to more sith and so on and so forth.  amismiley - ()rrvadsab[at1] -   lvvalsabsabDH
...Jareth Sartoris never found out what ICO Austin had seen back there.