Author Topic: New Convention in Las Vegas  (Read 918 times)

Offline pika47

• Cadet
New Convention in Las Vegas
« on: May 07, 2011, 06:43:58 PM »
Greetings,

I wanted to invite everyone at this forum to a new convention in Las Vegas this June. It's called Combat Con and it reflects the times that were... the times that may be....and how to kick butt in all of them!

Be a part of the action like never before! Learn how to fight scurvy knaves on the high seas or how to survive the Zombie Apocalypse. Uncover Sherlock Holmes' "Science of Self-Defense," or hone your skills under the watchful eye of a real Jedi Master. Whatever your favorite flavor of mayhem, some of the best Western Martial Arts instructors in the world will help you take your skills to the next level at CombatCon!

And if the middle of the melee isn't your favorite place to be, don't worry: we've got plenty of other fantastic (and family-friendly!) activities, too, including panels with featured guests, a film expo, a costume contest, a Time-Travelers' ball, zombie makeup makeovers, and more. Not to mention the opportunity to hang with old friends and make some new ones. And where else could all this happen besides Las Vegas, one of the most action-packed vacation destinations in the US?

In addition we are offering a class featuring the legendary Nick Gillard. As you might know by now Mr. Gillard is the fight choreographer for the Star Wars films as well as a long list of others. This is a rare opportunity as Mr. Gillard has never taught a public class relating to the fight sequences and styles of these films.

So take a look and be part of history as we begin a new convention beyond anything else developed!

For information on Mr. Gillard go to:

http://www.danger-inc.com/stunts.asp?page=home

For information and registration for CombatCon go to:

http://thecombatcon.com/

Long live the Emperor and May the Force be with You.

lvva

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
Re: New Convention in Las Vegas
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2011, 07:06:46 PM »
I'd love to learn some swordplay from Master Gillard! This sounds like a great time, I wish I was closer to Vegas!