Author Topic: Big Unleashed EE Exclusive Arc Heavy Gunner  (Read 2800 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Big Unleashed EE Exclusive Arc Heavy Gunner
« on: May 01, 2009, 07:29:20 PM »
This one, an Entertainment Earth Exclusive, is the last in a line of large Unleashed figures that I have been missing ever since they were phased out.
  First off, the artwork and presentation of the packaging is very attractive and of special note, that inside cardboard insert is pretty enough that I plan on displaying it with my other Star Wars posters.
  In typical large unleashed fashion, the paintwork and overall detail is great. As with all large unleashed figures, there is no articulation " some figures had rotating wrists" and it is meant to display and look pretty.

What I could complain about in this otherwise flawless fig and little dio is obvious. This is the second time that Hasbro used this same dead clone base for an unleashed fig. "it was used for the plain white and red marked AOTC clone trooper" Also, this is the third time that Hasbro used the same body sculpt "once on the aotc clone and once on the shrunken head shockie" The difference being a different head and a different belt and kama.That chain gun rocks, though and since he is an exclusive, and a different clone, I had to have him for my nearly complete large unleashed collection.
  These are still available in the secondary markets and EE might still have them.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Big Unleashed EE Exclusive Arc Heavy Gunner
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 07:31:45 PM »
4 more shots.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 07:33:24 PM »
Two more shots.
  I would love to try my hand at painting one of these bigger Unleashed figures up. I may have to find another copy of this or the AOTC clone.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2009, 05:58:16 AM »
Them getting rid of these is what started my eventual hasbro decline. I loved this new line with the tubular packaging and this is one of my favorites. I would have loved to see them makes these a little articulated and be able to pop them off the base and pose em just a bit. I guess they were doomed as they were too similar to the other licensees like GG and Sideshow who do thier own statues and they were probably complaining to Lucas that hasbro was "horning" in on thier license. I liked them though. Was this the last one issued in the tubular packaging? Think so. Wasn't there also one other clone statue released in the regular j peg style packaging after this? Red Shocktrooper? I might be selling off my unleashed stuff this summer too. That would clear out some rubbermaid!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2009, 06:04:32 AM »
Them getting rid of these is what started my eventual hasbro decline. I loved this new line with the tubular packaging and this is one of my favorites. I would have loved to see them makes these a little articulated and be able to pop them off the base and pose em just a bit. I guess they were doomed as they were too similar to the other licensees like GG and Sideshow who do thier own statues and they were probably complaining to Lucas that hasbro was "horning" in on thier license. I liked them though. Was this the last one issued in the tubular packaging? Think so. Wasn't there also one other clone statue released in the regular j peg style packaging after this? Red Shocktrooper? I might be selling off my unleashed stuff this summer too. That would clear out some rubbermaid!
I believe that the shockie came before and that Boba, jedi luke, shadow stormie, and jumping vader were re released in tubes, after the arc gunner came out.
LMK on your unleashed as there are 3or 4, I believe, that I lack to complete my collection.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2009, 07:37:51 AM »
will do Clint ole buddy.