Author Topic: Swine Flu  (Read 3882 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Swine Flu
« on: April 30, 2009, 08:42:51 AM »
We just had our administration in giving us a ton of cleaning stuff because they are worried about an outbreak of the swine flu. Now to me it seems kind of ridiculous that the regular flue kills about 3o plus thousand each year and they seem to be wigging out about this one. Is there any reason to think this one is more dangerous than just a regular flu virus. I guess maybe our Health experts, Sarge and Phatty might have some info on that. Has any Yarder seen any cases near them?

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Swine Flu
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 09:01:41 AM »
We just had our administration in giving us a ton of cleaning stuff because they are worried about an outbreak of the swine flu. Now to me it seems kind of ridiculous that the regular flue kills about 3o plus thousand each year and they seem to be wigging out about this one. Is there any reason to think this one is more dangerous than just a regular flu virus. I guess maybe our Health experts, Sarge and Phatty might have some info on that. Has any Yarder seen any cases near them?
I heard about a case in Kansas, last night. I will pay attention to where, tonight.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 12:56:44 PM »
Apparently, there is a case in South Bend, IN, about an hour and a half East of me.  The Swine flu that is going around is a mutated form, a combination of swine, bird, and human flu.  Typically, swine flu does not jump interspecies, however, this mutated form has.  Sure, it's highly contagious, and if your immune system is for shit already anyway, you can have a real bad time.  The more you clean and disinfect everything you come into contact with, the more you weaken your immune system, not allowing yourself to build up antibodies.  It's becoming more of a scare because there isn't anything else news worthy right now, so that's all news outlets have to talk about.  It's ridiculous.  Is it important to keep an eye on it?  Yes.  Should we all panic?  No.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2009, 04:55:58 AM »
Thanks for the info Pat. I kinda figured that is the way it is. We have our surrounding states now reporting swine flu. I am telling you, my county is going crazy. We have sanitized everything. If we get one case here I am almost thinking my school  year is done.

Offline Darth Aussie

• Major
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2009, 09:50:50 PM »
I think the main prob scaring people is that there is no Vaccines developed yet....

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2009, 03:03:49 AM »
Two confirmed cases in Mo, now.

Offline Darth C

• Brigadier
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2009, 05:29:49 AM »
We have 1 and a second on the way

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2009, 05:35:24 AM »
Daggone this thing is sure spreading, course it is the flu! I know my county now is gonna close down if a nieghboring county reports any cases. The CDC has suggested that schools shut down for a minimum of two weeks if the H1N1 virus is found. I still do not think WV is showing any cases. One thing about our mountains, it makes it difficult to get around, but it does keep things like this out.

Offline Darth Aussie

• Major
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2009, 06:17:31 AM »
nothing here...yet....