Author Topic: Momaw Nadon Sideshow 12" Exclusive  (Read 3010 times)

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
Momaw Nadon Sideshow 12" Exclusive
« on: January 25, 2011, 01:00:54 PM »
At First Glance:

When I opened op the box to this, and then opened up the window panes of this box, I was immediately blown away!  I am SO glad I ordered this figure, even if I don't have any of the other offerings from the Scum and Villainy line.  As Ithorians are some of my favorite aliens from the Star Wars galaxy, Momaw was an easy purchase for me.  These are again increasing in price, so the $138.25 price tag (with shipping) is getting on the border of outrageous, but I'd still rather pump my money into pieces like this than the same old rehashes by Hasblo.

To start with, I have 2 complaints.  That may seem like a lot, but when looking at every aspect of a Sideshow 12" fully poseable figure, that's really not a lot.  Complaint #1 is his legs.  One is longer than the other!  By at least an eighth to a quarter of an inch, in fact.  You can pull the short one down a tad, and balance the ball joint/pegged feet so that it's not that obvious, and when you place him on his stand (Thank God Sideshow finally made stands that don't wrap all the way around a figure or interfere with the figure's clothing!), he stands up straight.  Complaint #2 stems from Sideshow's need to pack in accessories to make the price point closer to worth while. They packed in a Stormtrooper's E-11 Rifle with him.  Ithorians, including Momaw Nadon, are peace loving, non-warring aliens, yet they gave him a blaster.  I thought it was a waste, when I'd much rather see him with a newly concepted accessory or his mug from the Cantina.  But that's just me.  They DID, however, give him his staff, which is highly ornamented and detailed.  I have him displayed with that piece.

On to the rest of the figure, I think he looks marvelous.  His under tunic is made to be worn and tattered, made of a cotton fabric and detailed nicely.  His outer robe is made of a faux leather material, and feels like genuine suede.  It is very nice and fits the figure perfectly.  His scarf is another fine accent piece that is done up very well.  His belt and pouches could use a more realistic weathering and touch, but they're not the end of the world. 

As for his accessories, he came with a plain black base, his staff, that ridiculous blaster, and 2 extra hands.  Again, I think the blaster is a waste, and his hands did come in handy as I had to swap out his right, more open hand for a right, curled hand that wrapped around the shaft of his staff.

I absolutely love this figure, and he is already one of my all time favorites that I own from Sideshow's 12" line.  I passed on Naddon's Nook, his environment piece, and I'm not sad that I did.  I just don't have the room or want for such a piece.  However, if any of you have the chance to pick this piece up and were waffling on doing so, let my 2 thumbs enthusiastically up push you to get him.

Pics to come later, as my camera is with my wife!

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
Re: Momaw Nadon Sideshow 12" Exclusive
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 07:43:37 PM »
Video review is now live!

Offline solominic_knight

• Cadet
Re: Momaw Nadon Sideshow 12" Exclusive
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2011, 12:10:57 PM »
In Tales from The Cantina ( I think thats its name) Nadon goes out and buys an E-11 blaster. I'd have to re-read the story to 100% on the whole story though ...