Author Topic: Target  (Read 28387 times)

Offline dana.raye.smith

• Commodore
Re: Target
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2009, 07:13:22 AM »
I think the numbers are for cases of individual ships and vehicles.
Like ordering boxed vehicles in a case from EE.
2 larger ships per box, 4 smaller ships per box. Pick the right set to order and everyone is happy, order the wrong one and you are the cause of all hate and discontent.
Plus it is easier for shelf stocking when you do not need to re tag with a new price, and lets face the fact that some of the workers do not even know how to use a price scanner.... need I say more?
I bet that if they look into it deeper, i know they have additional numbers tagged on the end of the numbers in the system.
If not, then they deserve all the evil that befalls them caused by their stupidity.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2009, 01:57:20 PM »
The other day when I was miss directed about the y wing it was listed as unavailable for online order at this time. I signed up to be notified as it became available for online order. Now it is listed as sold out on their site. Was I notified by email? No. Is there site now on my crap list? Yes.

Offline McMetal

• Colonel
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2009, 06:16:46 PM »
I noticed it said sold out on Target.com too but figured they just hadn't come in yet.

I have signed up for the item notification on TRU's website and actually got the email when the Turbo Tank finally arrived.

Of course, by that point I had already bought it weeks beforehand at Target.

Offline McMetal

• Colonel
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2009, 06:29:20 PM »
Anyone else see pics of that new Target exclusive Wedge X-Wing? I'm not a Legacy man myself, but it looks pretty sweet.

Apparently these have started showing up too...not around here of course.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2009, 06:53:11 PM »
I had heard that rumor also. That would be another one to use the online deal to get.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2009, 07:21:53 PM »
I just read on jedidefender.com that this was found in Michigan.
  I went on target.com to look for it and didnt find it but found it interesting to see that all of their star wars items are listed as out of stock.

Offline McMetal

• Colonel
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2009, 05:23:20 PM »
Found another Corporate Alliance Tank Droid tonight at Target on the way home from work, this time in a very good box. It's mine!

They only had 1 left of course, but right place, right time.

I'm thinking Target is gonna be on the back burner for CW stuff for awhile. Walmart is really gonna be where's it at soon. Good thing too, it's a lot easier covering 5 Walmarts than 9 Targets each week.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2009, 09:42:33 AM »
Got this in an email today.

Offline dana.raye.smith

• Commodore
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2009, 06:02:29 PM »
What were the exclusive battle packs to be here?

Offline McMetal

• Colonel
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2009, 07:38:54 PM »
What were the exclusive battle packs to be here?

Ambush at Abregado and Assault on Ryloth, I believe.

SDCC placards had the release date for these as 9/6...no sign of them yet.

I want 'em too!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2009, 05:49:45 PM »
Yes, I want those battle packs!!

I strolled into my Target today, to see if they had a corporate alliance tank droid and noticed that at the endcap where I seen the Red 2 x wing, last week, They had a couple of tags hanging stating that the x-wing was on sale for $44.99 Down from $49 and that the clone wars vehicles were on sale for $17.99 down from $24.79. Quick as a flash, I dashed to where the normal SW display is and low and behold, there was a snail tank, the only one that they had.

Not a bad savings if I do say so and that sale runs through the 19thnext month. It's only going at selected stores or so I hear.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2009, 07:35:32 AM »
Daggone didn't see this until now and have the news stories up with the contest and Jules' great photonovel. Good intell Clint, I am about half tempted to see if I can talk you into picking me up one of those xwings. I will hold fast for now.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2009, 07:39:57 AM »
They are down to one, buddy. Just to let you know. I would have fp d this one but didnt want to bump your q&a story down the list just yet. Well, too late now, I guess. I will write a review on the O droid later and do a story on that.

Offline McMetal

• Colonel
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2009, 06:25:39 AM »
TPM Legacy Wave Figs made their first appearance last night at a local Target. Previously I had only seen these at Walmart.

They did not have Rumsleg, of course, because that is the only one I am interested in. Frigging karma!

Offline McMetal

• Colonel
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2009, 06:00:04 AM »
Well, this week is about to end with 0 new toys, the first time in recent memory. What a soulcrushing lull this is.

I feel at this point I have to resort to subversive tactics. One of our local Targets has had almost completely empty figure pegs for weeks now (all they have left is 4 old CW figures) which I find totally unacceptable. I have been thinking about doing this for awhile, but I finally went ahead and printed up a sign which I left yesterday on the empty pegs. It read as follows:

PLEASE RESTOCK YOUR STAR WARS ACTION FIGURES!!!

YOU’VE HAD THESE SAME LEFTOVERS FOR WEEKS…

LEGACY TPM WAVE IS OUT NOW!!!

SERIOUSLY, PLEASE ORDER MORE TOYS – THIS IS JUST SAD

Do I think this will have any impact on these slacker's likelihood to fill those pegs? Not at all. Did it make me feel better to scorn them publicly? You bet it did.  >:(