Author Topic: First Vampire  (Read 7388 times)

Offline Far Rider

• Black Ops Vampire
  • Cadet
First Vampire
« on: April 14, 2009, 09:02:20 PM »
OK,,, I got the first clone for my squad. Are there any secrets to dismantling them? at dr
One Shot, One Kill

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: First Vampire
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 03:34:06 AM »
OK,,, I got the first clone for my squad. Are there any secrets to dismantling them? at dr
I've never done it before, but I hear alot of people talking about heating some of their figures in water and being able to pop the figure's joints out of socket when the plastic is warm. Perhaps Masterfett or someone else here could help you in that reguard. What figure are you using, FR?

Offline Far Rider

• Black Ops Vampire
  • Cadet
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 11:35:19 PM »

I've never done it before, but I hear alot of people talking about heating some of their figures in water and being able to pop the figure's joints out of socket when the plastic is warm. Perhaps Masterfett or someone else here could help you in that reguard. What figure are you using, FR?
[/quote]I have never done this before, and thought you would take them apart to paint them. I have  an idea of adding  antennas and sensors to him. My first volunteer is the "Clone Trooper". In true sniper tradition each will do his own camouflage. I have a question about clones. Are the stormtroopers in the last three movies just updated versions of clone troopers, and clones themselves? at pt
One Shot, One Kill

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2009, 04:23:43 AM »

I have never done this before, and thought you would take them apart to paint them. I have  an idea of adding  antennas and sensors to him. My first volunteer is the "Clone Trooper". In true sniper tradition each will do his own camouflage. I have a question about clones. Are the stormtroopers in the last three movies just updated versions of clone troopers, and clones themselves? at pt
[/quote]

Well, other than taking the heads off or their accessories when possible, I don't disassemble them to paint them. People who pop of the limbs are usually wanting to replace with different limbs from other figures. Your idea about the camo sniper sounds cool.
  You are correct in your assumption. Stormtroopers are updated versions of clone troopers.

Offline masterfett

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2009, 11:40:07 PM »
What Clone do you have?
The best Clone IMO to disassemble is one with the ball torso.
If this is your first attempt be prepared to waste the your first Clone because it may happen.
First you want to  remove the the head so it doesn't keep the torso from splitting apart, find the seem on the side of his Torso, safely & carefully wedge an exacto blade or very thin knife into the seem. You'll also want to wedge the knife into the seem on the head's ball joint at various times applying pressure back and forth until it finally pops open. After that do the same thing to the lower torso until it pops open then it's just a matter of finding the parts you want and stitching him back up. The only time I use the Boil & Pop method  is on figures like Bultar Swan or Stass Allie where they have that soft rubbery plastic that when very soft the Torso, arms, and legs pop right out.
I'm not the best at explaining stuff but hopefully you get an idea on what to do.

Offline Far Rider

• Black Ops Vampire
  • Cadet
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2009, 02:52:20 AM »
I have the Clone Trooper from the "Clone Wars". Pulling him apart sounds like more fun then I want for my first time, so I'll just paint him as is. I found a camo pattern used by the 501 Panzer SS that looks interesting. at pt
One Shot, One Kill

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2009, 03:53:34 AM »
I like the sound of that camo scheme. Is it the one with the dots?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2009, 06:44:12 AM »
it will be interesting to see this take shape.

Offline Far Rider

• Black Ops Vampire
  • Cadet
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2009, 01:44:26 AM »
Yes,it's the one they call "ambush". I have seen several versions of that style. My favorite tank in the collection is a Panther G done like that. at pt
One Shot, One Kill

Offline clonetrooper360

• Commander
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2009, 11:36:57 AM »
Yes,it's the one they call "ambush". I have seen several versions of that style. My favorite tank in the collection is a Panther G done like that. at pt

time for some googling!
May the Force be with you !

Offline clonetrooper360

• Commander
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2009, 11:46:34 AM »
search over , on wookipedia i found that its the 101st panzer (tank) battalion but other sites it says 501st  :-\  clint is the camo ur talking bout the one below?
May the Force be with you !

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2009, 12:10:59 PM »
No, Alex, I was referring to a dotted camo that I believe is a fall pattern seen on some uniforms worn by Waffen ss troops in the examples that I have seen. I will look for a pic or two of it.
  I do like the camo on that tiger tank, though.