Author Topic: The Force Is Strong With Him!  (Read 51333 times)

Offline ActionFigEmpire

• TK-9849 of Garrison Excelsior
  • Brigadier
  • Action Figure Empire
    • Action Figure Empire
Re: The Force Is Strong With Him!
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2011, 09:28:27 PM »
It's a blast! Definitely a highlight of my day doing a photo shoot of my figures! Thanks for being a follower! (and to everyone who follows AFE, thanks!). Cool! I'd love to see what you've got! And the rest of the SW community would too I'm sure!

"The Empire has a legion of loyal soldiers that are in endless supply."
"Only Imperial stormtroopers are so precise."
"For the Empire!"
http://actionfigureempire.blogspot.com/

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2011, 02:17:18 AM »
Jenn, thanks for doing the video trying to shed some light on this worthy cause. I do have the new version on the fp now.

Folks you sure are making the Tamer very proud he is associated with such a fine group of folks.

Offline Cmdrjet94

• Ensign
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2011, 03:25:03 AM »
i heard the special report from wookielover1138 and i hope eli survives because he has spirit and i feel so sorry for eli also special thanks to wookielover1138,elias and darthdaddy
for the republic

Offline Commander_Kurgan

• Brigadier
    • Kurgan's Star Wars Customs
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2011, 03:40:21 AM »
Finished a custom Jedi figure for Eli yesterday evening.
Hope he will like his new figure.
Kurgan's Showcase: http://kurganscustoms.blogspot.com

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

Offline lucasclones

• Global Moderator
  • Major
    • My Flickr site!
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2011, 06:28:12 AM »
Hey guys!

I just got this message from a fellow Youtuber who was doing a contest for a carded Jar Jar:

Hi there!

I would definitely like to donate my Jar Jar to Eli's toy drive! Now that I have all the info, I can just send him the toy directly. I'm going to include a little card and I'd like to include your name if you don't mind! It was thanks to you that I heard about this great cause! What is your real name? You don't have to tell me your last name if you don't feel comfortable.

Thank you so much again for sharing Eli's toy drive with me!! I can't think of anyone better (and more deserving) to win my Jar Jar action figure! : )

Jenn Landa

One more toy for Eli!

Offline ActionFigEmpire

• Brigadier
  • Action Figure Empire
    • Action Figure Empire
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2011, 06:40:08 AM »
@Tamer: Glad you liked the video!

@commander_kurgan: awesome! I'm sure Eli will love it!

@Lucasclones: That sounds great! Really a very generous gesture. I'm sure Eli will love the Jar Jar figure! Are you asking for my real name or someone else's (wasn't clear on that lol). A note would be really good to include.

That goes for everyone. Please do feel free to include a note with your donation(s). It can be as simple as "Eli, hope you enjoy these Star Wars toys. Have fun with them! Your friend _____________ from Imperial Shipyards and ______________.com" Keep it simple and to the point. Remember you're writing something a six year old will see.

Eli's mother has asked anyone who will interact with him (in person or in writing) to please not say things like "get better soon, get well, feel better, sorry you're sick, you have an illness, hope you beat anemia, I feel sorry for you, etc." they don't talk to him like that, and don't use words like "Sick, wrong, ill, better, worse" with him. If you do happen to write something like that, I will rewrite your note so he knows who and where the toys come from, without reading those words.

Thanks guys!

Oh and thanks to Wookielover1138's video (and this thread, and some other awesome sources) we've jumped to 573 hits on the AFE page since the thread and video went up. That's 573 hits in just the past 24 hour period. Thanks for all the views!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 06:43:50 AM by ActionFigEmpire »

"For the Empire!"

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2011, 06:51:55 AM »
I think this is one of the reasons we should be a community of Star Wars Sites!

Like a dope on my card I did put something like get better soon so please remove that. I will send a new one. No one likes being reminded they are sick.

Offline ActionFigEmpire

• Brigadier
  • Action Figure Empire
    • Action Figure Empire
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2011, 06:59:53 AM »
@Tamer: It's ok. I'll make sure Eli knows the donation is from you. Don't worry about sending a new one. Yeah especially someone barely old enough to begin to comprehend what his illness entails.

"For the Empire!"

Offline lucasclones

• Global Moderator
  • Major
    • My Flickr site!
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2011, 07:03:21 AM »
@Tamer: Glad you liked the video!

@commander_kurgan: awesome! I'm sure Eli will love it!

@Lucasclones: That sounds great! Really a very generous gesture. I'm sure Eli will love the Jar Jar figure! Are you asking for my real name or someone else's (wasn't clear on that lol). A note would be really good to include.

That goes for everyone. Please do feel free to include a note with your donation(s). It can be as simple as "Eli, hope you enjoy these Star Wars toys. Have fun with them! Your friend _____________ from Imperial Shipyards and ______________.com" Keep it simple and to the point. Remember you're writing something a six year old will see.

Eli's mother has asked anyone who will interact with him (in person or in writing) to please not say things like "get better soon, get well, feel better, sorry you're sick, you have an illness, hope you beat anemia, I feel sorry for you, etc." they don't talk to him like that, and don't use words like "Sick, wrong, ill, better, worse" with him. If you do happen to write something like that, I will rewrite your note so he knows who and where the toys come from, without reading those words.

Thanks guys!

Oh and thanks to Wookielover1138's video (and this thread, and some other awesome sources) we've jumped to 573 hits on the AFE page since the thread and video went up. That's 573 hits in just the past 24 hour period. Thanks for all the views!

AFE: She was asking for my real name to let Eli know that i had suggested donating the figure to him.

Offline Kualan

• Background Jedi Fanboy
  • Colonel
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2011, 07:11:24 AM »
I'm looking into buying a figure or two for this great cause - any suggestions on what Eli still wants/needs for his collection?

Being in the UK, I don't have as large an amount of access to figures as you folks in the States, but I imagine I would be able to place the order on a US site, use the Action Figure Empire address for delivery, and still be invoiced to my UK address?

Offline ActionFigEmpire

• Brigadier
  • Action Figure Empire
    • Action Figure Empire
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2011, 07:42:53 AM »
@Lucasclones haha ok

@Kualan: Yep I think that sounds great. That would work best I think rather than ordering to the UK, then shipping to the US, then having me ship it to Eli. Too much money haha. So go ahead and order away and AFE will ship it to Eli once it arrives. Eli now has official support in the UK!

"For the Empire!"

Offline Kualan

• Background Jedi Fanboy
  • Colonel
« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2011, 09:35:58 AM »
A few questions -

I figured I'd buy him some Jedi to 'command' the multitude of clones he'll no doubt be receiving from you fine people. As far as anyone knows, does he already own any of the following:

Ki-Adi-Mundi
Shaak Ti
Quinlan Vos
(All Clone Wars editions)

?

Also, the address system is a little different here in the UK to the US. Is the 12543 number the ZIP code? Only when I entered it into Amazon it suggested a longer number.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2011, 11:10:50 AM »
Kualan the five digit number will work. Sometimes they will add other numbers to this main number, but you will be ok. I appreciate you going through this to get the little guy some toys.

Offline ActionFigEmpire

• Brigadier
  • Action Figure Empire
    • Action Figure Empire
« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2011, 11:31:38 AM »
Thanks for clearing up the zipcode matter Tamer. As far as I know he doesn't have them, but I just realized, having been a 6 year old who loved star wars toys, sometimes duplicates can be a good thing. Kids tend to drop, loose, break, melt, and otherwise mutilate their toys. So as far as i know he doesn't have any of the clone wars figures yet.

I stopped over to K-mart today and found some cool Star Wars stickers, and a Legacy Collection Saga Legends Han Solo (with breath mask that barely fits over any han solo's heads) so I'm thinking of including it, loose, in the next shipment of goodies for Eli. As it's just not up to snuff for me. It came with a locker full of clone/droid weapons so I'll send those too. Can never too many blasters for your soldiers :)

Also duplicates can be gotten of imperials (death star gunners, death star troopers, royal guards, etc.) of Rebels (Hoth/Endor troopers, fleet troopers, honor guards, ewoks even), and of battle droids, droidekas, super battle droids too!

Can't wait to send these great things to Eli!

"For the Empire!"

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2011, 11:52:47 AM »
Please let us know if the volume you encounter starts making it tough to pay for shipping. I am sure a few of us would help with that as well.