Author Topic: The Force Is Strong With Him!  (Read 51643 times)

Offline jedi_randy

• Lieutenant
    • Tales from the Mos Eisley Carinderia
Re: The Force Is Strong With Him!
« Reply #195 on: April 15, 2011, 06:54:13 PM »
Featured AFE in my blog:

An interview with TK-9849: A Stormtrooper with a heart of gold
http://talesfromthemoseisleycarinderia.blogspot.com/2011/04/interview-with-tk-9849-stormtrooper.html

[Using the Force, Yoda effortlessly frees the X-Wing from the bog]
Luke: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you fail.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #196 on: April 16, 2011, 06:27:14 AM »
AFE if they send you another pic of him with his latest batch I would love to do another fper on this.

Don't forget about our new ISY Charity Auctions so we can get AFE either some shipping funds or a PSP (think that is what we were working on), but AFE can't do it all by himself. I can't imagine the shipping fees he has paid so far.

I will have another box coming soon and will make sure to send some funds with it so you can send it on.

I also agree that we need to remember that even though our wishes of get well are well meaning imagine what reading a ton of those would do not to just Eli, but his mom and family. The constant reminding of how serious his illness is will do them no good. Put your good wishes into the products that you are sending and that will be message enough.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 06:56:01 AM by Tamer »

Offline ActionFigEmpire

• TK-9849 of Garrison Excelsior
  • Brigadier
  • Action Figure Empire
    • Action Figure Empire
« Reply #197 on: April 16, 2011, 06:51:20 AM »
Thanks Tamer! I agree totally. We've confirmed that he already has a PSP (I've even seen him playing it hehe) so right now we're just raising shipping funds. I have some duplicates that I have received permission from Eli's mom to auction off.

So far we have a 12" Slave Leia sealed in box, a TVC Grievous mint in package, a captain lock mint in package, and a space suit ahsoka mint in package. I'm going to post these items on Ebay when i have some time off from work in a few days and will post topics here for each one so be sure to bid on them!

I'm also going to try to enter the latest custom contest (we'll see how much time I have lol)

"The Empire has a legion of loyal soldiers that are in endless supply."
"Only Imperial stormtroopers are so precise."
"For the Empire!"
http://actionfigureempire.blogspot.com/

Offline ActionFigEmpire

• Brigadier
  • Action Figure Empire
    • Action Figure Empire
« Reply #198 on: April 16, 2011, 08:36:17 AM »
Another update: Just received a really awesome letter hand-penned in Aurebesh! With a translation on the other side. It's a letter from a Jedi master giving Eli a special mission and the troops (figures) to accomplish it with. Included in the packages (among what seems to be at least half the clone wars line) is a custom made Imperial tank (much like one of the ones in the custom rig contest) and a TX-130 tank!

Very very generous! THanks!

"For the Empire!"

Offline ActionFigEmpire

• Brigadier
  • Action Figure Empire
    • Action Figure Empire
« Reply #199 on: April 16, 2011, 09:48:57 AM »
Got a bunch of new auctions up for Eli on the charity auctions forum: http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?board=119.0

Check them out and happy bidding!

"For the Empire!"

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
« Reply #200 on: April 17, 2011, 06:03:01 AM »
Just a note of thanks to those who have helped organize all of this for Eli: being in the middle of a move and with things in boxes everywhere, I have only been able to dig through a few things to help Eli, but some of you have done SO much more

Thank goodness we have people like all of you on this Earth who are so eager to help when someone is in need.  This whole series of events warms my heart!  And Eli benefits more than we even realize, in so many different ways!

Light side, dark side...meh.  Just give me a lightsaber and a blaster and I'll take care of it!

Offline Joerhyno

• Commander
« Reply #201 on: April 17, 2011, 06:37:41 AM »
Getting ready to load up the lil'  Toyota and head up to my friends for an all day custom meet. We're going to try and video tape it as some of us are making some Eli customs, if I'm successful, I'll try to post it, We're also gonnna take an updated group pic and one w/ Eli's honorary member award and send to him... hope to get his custom CTF shirt soon in the mail and then the box-o-goodies will be on the way.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #202 on: April 17, 2011, 08:17:09 AM »
Joe if you get that video, I would love to have that on our ISY Youtube channel if you don't mind.

Pm me the details if you are able to pull it off.

I agree the selflessness I am seeing here warms the soul.

Offline Joerhyno

• Commander
« Reply #203 on: April 17, 2011, 06:55:28 PM »
I'm home... almost 8 hours of customizing, talking SW, watching SW, eating and hanging w/ friends.  I have to rest my knee, but I'm really happy with what we accomplished. I'll take pics tomorrow of our finished customs with the photo tent set up, My Friend Doug donated a Clone skiff/speeder he made a year or so ago from an old power ranger vehicle, I made a Jedi Eli with his own Clone squad and my friend printed out some waterslide decals of Eli's Darth Vader "e" logo, so all the clones have the logo on their armor or body in some way, shape or form. My friend Chad made a cool Red, White and Blue(I think he was feeling patriotic) clone and also put an Eli "e" logo on it.. There were a couple other customs, I'll have to dig them out again, but the coolest one I think was the custom 12" sideshow Eli Jedi that my friend made, nothing too complicated, but another friend brought some old shelves and displays and one was a 12" doll case, so it worked out perfectly and I put the 12" Eli in it. Another donated a vintage Darth Vader case, I thought that was cool, now Eli can store all(or some of) his figs he's getting...

I took a small video in the beginning, I'll see how it turned out, it was hard trying to do things and also film the stuff, so I said one would be good, we took some pics too, so those with the pics I'll take later, I'll try to make a montage or whatever it's called with some SW music in the background.. that way you don't here my friend Bill throw out the Fbomb here and there, lol..

Anyway, it was an awesome get together,  for a great cause and I'll try to update you guys in a day or so on everything else.

Offline ActionFigEmpire

• Brigadier
  • Action Figure Empire
    • Action Figure Empire
« Reply #204 on: April 17, 2011, 07:18:02 PM »
Wow Joe! I ave to say it sounds like a literal treasure trove of awesome goodies coming from you and your crew! Thank you guys soooo much! Eli's going to love them all I'm sure! :)

"For the Empire!"

Offline Joerhyno

• Commander
« Reply #205 on: April 18, 2011, 03:57:49 PM »
Went to take pics of the customs and my battery ran out of juice.. so I htought I'd just show a couple teasers...

12" custom Eli Jedi made by my friend Derek.

Custom Clone transport made by my friend Doug, he also made the pilot.
Custom R,W&B Clone made by my friend Chad
Custom Eli and his Squad made by me(decals made by Doug).

While looking over the transport, I noticed a lot of wear and dust here and there.. so I'm going to clean it up and touch up some parts here and there... still waiting on the shirt to send anyway, so I got a little time to finish it before I send out the care package.  Also took a group pic, but only one pic  turned out, so I'm going to attempt to photoshop one guy in that wasn't in that pic, but was at the meet-up.. if it doesn't look right, well.. sorry, we'll just say he was there in spirit... lol

Offline hannsfartknocker

• Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
  • Commodore
    • hannsfartknocker's youtube
« Reply #206 on: April 18, 2011, 04:31:55 PM »
these are great joe
"But… it was so artistically done."
-Thrawn's last words

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
  • customsforthekid.blogspot.com
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #207 on: April 18, 2011, 06:50:16 PM »
Sounds like a fun party.  Really cool stuff!!

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #208 on: April 18, 2011, 07:33:53 PM »
That is awesome Joe! Great work by everyone for sure! Hey that vehicle looks awesome, can we get some pics of that when you get chance?

Offline ActionFigEmpire

• Brigadier
  • Action Figure Empire
    • Action Figure Empire
« Reply #209 on: April 18, 2011, 08:45:55 PM »
Totally awesome!!! Can't wait to get a peak in person before i ship them out to the E-master :)

On a side note someone from the Hot Chix Cool Toy Review has picked up on the Eli story and I'm going to try and get a mention in one of their upcoming youtube episodes. I'll post the link if and when they do it.

"For the Empire!"