Author Topic: Items you would like to donate or auction off for Mike Martinez  (Read 4612 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
I am seeing just a great outpouring of folks wanting to donate items to the Imperial Shipyards Charity Auction we have going for Mike and I wanted to create a thread for those of you wanted to either donate items to us or announce your own auctions (via ebay link) when you create one.

There are just a few things I would like to go over before moving some of the threads from the current auction we have going for Mike to here: One, if you would like ISY to auction off the item I need to have it in hand before I will announce the item. I want to make sure that if we as a Site auction things off that I physically have them so if there is any problem or trouble after the auction is over I can take care of it.

That being said, feel free to create you own ebay auctions for Mike and list them here. Please also try to give me at least one pic so I can plug it on the front page when you announce your listing as it will make things a bit easier. I would also ask that if you see there are a few auctions up here to wait till we finish a few of them so as not to flood the market with items meaning we would get less for Hollie and kids. Now I hate to even mention this, but having already dealt with a few ebay tools for Hollie in regards to some of Mike's past auctions, if you do announce an auction for Mike and do not follow through on your end of the deal, meaning you do not send the full amount you get for the auction or advertise your auction for Mike under any false pretenses to committ fraud be prepared to deal with said legal consequences. I know most folks would never even harbor thoughts about trying to use this incident for personal gain, but unfortunately we all know of instances where folks have done this. Its sad, but thats the world we live in.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Items you would like to donate or auction off for Mike Martinez
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 08:44:39 AM »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 08:46:21 AM »
Tamer - I'm going to put up an auction of several customs this week, on ebay.  All proceeds to Mike and family.  I will post the link here when the auction is listed, tomorrow or Friday.   Sean a.k.a. Rundown.

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
  • customsforthekid.blogspot.com
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 07:27:40 AM »

MANDALORIAN SITH

Taken from the blog:

"When Luke Sprywalker announced the Custom Sith Competition over at Imperial Shipyards this month, Dad felt it was the perfect time to pay tribute to Mike Martinez of Mercury Art Studios.  Dad will be donating his MANDALORIAN SITH entry the Mercury Art Studios Auction and the proceeds will be given to the family of Mike Martinez. Mike always created the coolest and most unique Sith custom action figures. He is known in our house as the Sith master. Dad thought of Mike when he created this action figure and tried to create a Sith custom action figure that he never saw anyone make before. Dad created this action figure from the old (head) and the new Jodo Kast action figures (forearms), a Boba Fett torso, and a Lord Maleval (everything else). He removed the chest armor from the Boba Fett and dremmeled the torso until the chest and abdomen were only as thin as the armor. He then dremmeled the front chest and abdomen of the Lord Maleval action figure and then fused Boba Fett's chest armor to the Lord Maleval with Apoxie Sculpt. Then Dad painted the action figure in colors that he saw in a Mandalorian Sith drawing that some new friends showed him on The Forcebook.

If you are interested in owning this figure, look below for the link where you will be able to bid on this action figure on ebay. Dad is going to start the bidding high so Mike's family gets the assistance they need. Dad worked about ten hours on this action figure, so whoever wins it will definitely be getting their moneys worth. Not only will the buyer be getting one cool toy, but the money will be used for a good cause.

Best of luck everyone!!"

To bid on this figure click here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300586608183

« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 07:04:44 PM by darthdaddy »