Author Topic: ><DarthSinister>< Presents: A Different Point Of View  (Read 109001 times)

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
Re: ><DarthSinister>< Presents: A Different Point Of View
« Reply #315 on: August 26, 2014, 05:29:42 PM »
I am a huge fan of your reimagining of the prequels as well as your virtual customs (in fact one of your virtual customs of Jaxxon played heavily into my sculpt of him because it was so dead on perfect). Can't wait to see your version of ROTJ.

Thanks man! I got a Jaxxon in the works myself but he's like third or forth in line on the work bench. I'm not quite finished with the Prequel Series so the ROTJ will come later. Rigth now I'm thinking about a short summary of the Prequel Series before I move on with it.

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #316 on: September 01, 2014, 09:49:16 AM »
Happy Labor Day!

Okay here is the next three "Return Of The Jedi" character figures from my re-write. You may notice that one has an almost Embo look. This is a happy accident, as my design for this figure was made around 1999. My first digital drawing was posted in 2006. This is when I didn't have Photoshop and used Microsoft paint... yikes! Here's what it looked like.

The stuff I did back then was very stylized. Glad I got the Photoshop.

So in my version of ROTJ Lando and Chewbacca have been working as Bounty Hunters in Jabba's Palace for about 5 Months. They are disguised as two notorious Hunters whom they dispatched in a trap set by Lando several months before.

Lando is disguised as the Bounty Hunter Boushh and acts as the front man for the two. He's waiting for Jabba to open his gates for a decadent celebration the Hutt orchestrates annually. Caravans of scum and villainy flood in for the festivities. He will signal Princess Leia and her Rebel entourage when the event begins.

Chewbacca is disguised as the Bounty Hunter Snoova. I used the name Snoova here and at the time I believe he was considered a cannon character. (I did however change the character's appearance and he is also not a Wookie) I thought it would be a show-stopper if I put Chewbacca in Princess Leia's place when thawing out Han Solo. Just like in the movie Han would blindly feel the mask of his rescuer and ask 'who are you?' and Chewbacca would respond through the translator in his helmet 'a friend'. (Chewbacca's first and only words in the Trilogy) Then of coarse he removes the helmet and reveals for the first time he's Chewie.

Last is Han Solo in Carbonite. This is pretty strait forward. In the story though Han does come out of the Carbonite with a hibernation illness but Chewie swiftly administers an antidote that will bring him out of it quickly.

That's it for today. Hope you all enjoy them.

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #317 on: September 07, 2014, 10:06:42 AM »
This will be the last of the "ROTJ" series. These are all I made for this bunch.

Here's a look at the coveted Gammorian Guard. This was a fun re-construct I did to make the creature a little less familiar looking.

Some of you may recognize this guy. This was my re-design of Jabba The Hutt. I wanted to give him a much more menacing look. And yes this is the same as the figure I made and called Borga The Hutt.

Last I've got Luke Skywalker as he would be seen in the rescue from Jabba's palace. Not any real changes here, pretty strait forward.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #318 on: September 08, 2014, 02:32:02 AM »
I remember that Jabba variant you made. That Gammo looks great on the front page.

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #319 on: September 09, 2014, 05:20:44 PM »
Wow these are fantastic ! I am sorry i am only seeing these till now . I have a bit of catching up to do ! never the less i really like your take on the rotj characters ! 

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #320 on: September 14, 2014, 11:04:26 AM »
Thanks Guys!

Continuing with the "Old Stuff" series, this next group was an experiment in the 'what if' for the action figure world. What if there was a company out there that gave us a 3-3/4" Retro TV line. Well we eventually got that with SUPER 7, but I had a take on them as well. I only did one series in the line and was unable to finish them for one reason or another. Later on though, I did come back and create a few card-back for them... This was something I'd love to see hanging on the pegs.

Speaking of card-backs I didn't get to finish watching CAFN last night so I'm gonna try to finish it later. What I did see peaked my interest. Looked like a great show Tamer!

So here is my 3-3/4" version of "The Six Million Dollar Man". I did several characters and gave them a slight up-date with clothing and gadgets. They also would sport a GI Joe type of articulated body for some great action poses.

Steve Austin (Astronaut) with Lifting Body

Oscar Goldman OSI Cheif

Dr Rudy Wells

Steve Austin OSI Agent

Jamie Sommers OSI Agent

Steve Austin The Bionic Man

Bionic Bigfoot

And here are some the Card-Backs made a few years later...

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #321 on: September 16, 2014, 02:57:09 AM »
Wow, looks great. Off to share yet again.

And thanks for the comments on the show.

Offline smeagol92055

• Global Moderator
  • Colonel
    • Smeagol's Art Blog!
« Reply #322 on: September 16, 2014, 11:26:07 AM »
I have that Noah Bennet figure!
I have altered the action figure. Pray I don't alter it further.

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #323 on: September 21, 2014, 08:48:31 PM »
I've got an eclectic mix tonight. No big stories here just some random stuff.

First up is just a mashed together droid I call 'Old Timer'. I imagine this guy is probably an antique but someone has kept him up pretty well...

An ultimate ANH Luke Skywalker. Like a G I Joe he's packed with accessories.

From the Sci-Fi classic "This Island Earth" a Metaluna Mutant Bounty Hunter. He kind of makes me think of a Bith.

And Lastly from the Star Wars Holiday Special Ackmena (Bea Arthur) and Krelman (Harvey Korman).

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #324 on: September 22, 2014, 02:39:09 AM »
Very nice. Had to take that Luke to the front page. Wish we could get one like that.

Offline CandyBlues

• Ensign
    • Facebook
« Reply #325 on: September 22, 2014, 12:44:35 PM »
Farmboy luke was one of my favorites growing up. That is the essential farmboy luke!

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #326 on: September 22, 2014, 03:45:02 PM »
Outstanding work !!! love the luke and the holiday special characters , but i really like the Metaluna great job on that !! i Haven seen that movie since i was a kid and even then the tv stations didnt play that movie often well done !!!

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #327 on: September 22, 2014, 06:51:19 PM »
Thanks guys! Appreciate the feed back. I've still got a few more so stay tuned!

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #328 on: September 28, 2014, 08:30:04 PM »
Howdy Yarders!

Got another batch of old "Virtual Customs" to look at. These were done for the Prequels. They are early looks at the re-imagined PT I've been doing recently so you may see some familiar faces.

No character profiles or back stories this time. I'm letting the images speak for themselves.

IG-81 Incenerator Droid

IG-88 Battle Droid

Ki Adi Mundi Jedi Armor

Owen Lars

I've also got some more card backs. I made these at the same time I did the "Six Million Dollar Man" cards. These are part of the "What I Want To See On The Pegs" series.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #329 on: September 29, 2014, 02:26:51 AM »
Wow, great new stuff. I really like that Ki in armor. Off to share yet again.