Author Topic: ><DarthSinister>< Presents: A Different Point Of View  (Read 109088 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: ><DarthSinister>< Presents: A Different Point Of View
« Reply #300 on: August 11, 2014, 05:19:05 AM »
Very nice, I like any new Mandalorian. That Rodian in Carbonite was a nice touch too.

Off to share.

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
« Reply #301 on: August 12, 2014, 12:50:08 PM »
The Rik Duel arc was awesome. Star Wars needs its streetwise smuggler and with Solo out of the picture, it was great to have someone like Rik come in. Also great to see a little backstory and how he and our heroes met in the first place.

It's great to see your pictures of Rik and his gang again, because I couldn't get them to load at Rebelscum. If I'm not mistaken that's a TAC Jango Fett torso. I don't recognize the legs, but they look pretty common. The head looks like it's from an Aragorn figure, but those don't come in 3 3/4" scale, do they? Oh well, the old Rykrof Enloe... er..... Rebel Commando head could work as well.

As for Dani, I think any recent Marvel Universe female figure will do nicely. And Chihdo is, of course, a 1:1 copy of VOTC Greedo, minus the vest :)

Drebble is a great figure too. Did you ever make Lando in his "Drebble" disguises as well? You know, the one with the insanely high collared coat and white whig and the one with the baret :D

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #302 on: August 12, 2014, 05:52:54 PM »
Drebble reminds me a bit of Baron Harkonnen.

He always reminded me of the Baron too. A LOT of Marvel's inspiration was taken from so many different places. I wouldn't be surprised if DUNE was one of them.

Very nice, I like any new Mandalorian. That Rodian in Carbonite was a nice touch too.

Off to share.

I love Chihdo in carbonite! Thanks Tamer. How's your baby girl doin'?

The Rik Duel arc was awesome. Star Wars needs its streetwise smuggler and with Solo out of the picture, it was great to have someone like Rik come in. Also great to see a little backstory and how he and our heroes met in the first place.

It's great to see your pictures of Rik and his gang again, because I couldn't get them to load at Rebelscum. If I'm not mistaken that's a TAC Jango Fett torso. I don't recognize the legs, but they look pretty common. The head looks like it's from an Aragorn figure, but those don't come in 3 3/4" scale, do they? Oh well, the old Rykrof Enloe... er..... Rebel Commando head could work as well.

As for Dani, I think any recent Marvel Universe female figure will do nicely. And Chihdo is, of course, a 1:1 copy of VOTC Greedo, minus the vest :)

Drebble is a great figure too. Did you ever make Lando in his "Drebble" disguises as well? You know, the one with the insanely high collared coat and white whig and the one with the baret :D

Check out the Fandral head from the Thor Movie (the first movie) a little paint and he might work. Dani could be nearly a strait re-paint of Delilah Blue. I'd like to tackle Chihdo in carbonite, that would be a fun build.

I never did do Lando in Drebble disguise. I don't have a lot left for MARVEL, maybe two. Maybe sooner or later I could do some kind of revival or something. Do a few characters that I passed over plus a re-boot of the top ten. I had done Kiro and he and Dani in a costume change were together in that set but somehow they were lost.   

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #303 on: August 13, 2014, 03:37:18 AM »
Doing fine, getting ready to start school again thanks for asking. You wouldn't even know she had surgery a few weeks ago. It really is quite amazing. Ok, enough thread jacking, but I appreciate it.

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #304 on: August 16, 2014, 08:00:47 PM »
Glad to hear that Tamer. Mine start school on Tuesday.

These are the last three MARVEL virtuals that I made. I did locate Kiro and Dani, they were in a different folder. I still have some old stuff to post for a few more weeks so stay tuned for those.

Kiro

Kiro was a Chuhkyvi from Iskalon. He was one of the few Iskalonians to leave his planet, accompanying Luke Skywalker on several adventures. Alongside Skywalker and the Alliance of Free Planets, Kiro succeeded in building the new government after the defeat of the Galactic Empire at the Battle of Endor. During these adventures, Kiro discovered that he was Force-sensitive, and requested that Skywalker train him as a Jedi Knight. However, due to a fear that he would create the next Darth Vader, Skywalker refused to train Kiro, plunging the Iskalonian into a temporary state of despair.

After overcoming his disappointment with Skywalker's refusal, Kiro continued to work with the Alliance, eventually becoming romantically entangled with the Zeltron Dani.

Dani The Zeltron

After encountering the Rebel Alliance on several occasions, and becoming infatuated with Rebel hero Luke Skywalker, Dani eventually joined the Alliance following the Battle of Endor and their reformation into the Alliance of Free Planets. Under the Alliance, Dani received special training from Skywalker, eventually becoming a soldier in the Alliance Military. Around the same time, Dani fell in love with the Iskalonian Kiro, and the two began a devoted relationship.

Katya M'Buele

Katya M'Buele was a Human female who was one of Han Solo's female smuggling partners before the Battle of Yavin, having crewed together on a Corellian rim-runner. She also often provided smuggling work for Dash Rendar.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #305 on: August 17, 2014, 07:55:52 AM »
Wow, coming to the end. I hate to hear that, but wow has this been a fun ride. Back on the front page.

Offline koth

• Lieutenant
« Reply #306 on: August 17, 2014, 09:52:28 AM »
Loving these three. I'll buy them.

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
« Reply #307 on: August 17, 2014, 11:10:20 AM »
The story arc of the Iskalon Effect was another favourite of mine. It showed again how determined Vader was to capture Luke and how he dealt with the incompetence of his subordinates, such as admiral Tower. Not to hi-jack your thread, but here's a custom admiral Tower I did a long time ago:

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #308 on: August 17, 2014, 11:31:08 AM »
Wow, coming to the end. I hate to hear that, but wow has this been a fun ride. Back on the front page.

Thanks Tamer! Maybe one day I'll do some more. It's funny, because when I look at these I can't help but want to re-do them.

Loving these three. I'll buy them.

Thanks koth, I wish they were real cause I'd buy em' too. I wish a secondary company would pick-up the Star Wars license and make the 1:18 figures that Hasbro won't. It seems like that would be possible. I mean there's another company making 6" figures right now. What did I see, Darth Vader is the one that stands out... Tamer knows the company. It seems like like a NECA or SIDESHOW could come in and say, 'okay we're only going to make the LEGENDS characters and stay away from cannon.'

The story arc of the Iskalon Effect was another favourite of mine. It showed again how determined Vader was to capture Luke and how he dealt with the incompetence of his subordinates, such as admiral Tower. Not to hi-jack your thread, but here's a custom admiral Tower I did a long time ago:

No worries Remco, I love to see MARVEL in plastic. I'm working my way through them slowly so far all I've gotten is Crimson Jack, but Jolli is on the table. I'm attempting an entire body part cast with her, so that each piece is  re-castable. I'm using VC Aayla Secura body and if it works that will be my standard female Star Wars go to body.

Cool Admiral Tower! I never did him as a "VC". I think the only Imp I did was Strom. There were quite a few so I picked one so that it didn't get monotonous. Strom was the first to be seen so I gave it to him.

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #309 on: August 24, 2014, 08:17:54 PM »
Alright Ladies and Gents, as promised I'm still posting old stuff this next batch is around 4 yrs old but the concept goes back much further.

A long time ago... I decided to do a fun rewrite of "Return Of The Jedi". Kind of in the same vein as the Prequel series I've been doing for a while. (I'll probably do these characters in that style also.) Well, because of the way I thought it should flow I had to do a lot of re-design work so I hand drew a lot of this in a little note book and scribbled notes to remember where I was going with it. Anyhow   

When I started doing the 'Virtual Customs' I thought it would be cool to do the characters in that style. I did some and abandoned the series. I also never posted them anywhere. I was looking at them the other day and decided to finally put em' out so here are a few to start with and some brief descriptions.

First up is Princess Leia and C-3PO as I saw them. I put the two in the first Tatooine scene. She's been camping out with a group of Rebels awaiting a signal from Lando who is undercover in Jabba's palace. In the scene Leia, restless in anticipation for a signal from Lando, awakens before Tatooine's Binary suns rise. Threepio joins her at the end of the loading ramp to the Millennium Falcon to make sure she's alright.

The next scene finds Luke on Dagobah meditating alone on a limb in one of the planets massive trees.

Last after a long scene on Dagobah were back to Tatooine where the Rebels, (in disguise) have joined a caravan and infiltrated the Palace of Jabba the Hutt. Princess Leia is disguised as Nomadic Royalty and the Rebels as her entourage.   

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #310 on: August 25, 2014, 02:40:06 AM »
Nice. This looks good on the front page. Thanks for sharing these with us. Your story line makes a lot of sense to me.

Offline smeagol92055

• Global Moderator
  • Colonel
    • Smeagol's Art Blog!
« Reply #311 on: August 25, 2014, 06:18:45 AM »
Nice alternate take on the film! It feels like how David Lynch might have handled it if he hadn't turned directing the movie down.
That nomad Leia is brilliant!
I have altered the action figure. Pray I don't alter it further.

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #312 on: August 25, 2014, 10:45:23 AM »
Very cool take on ROTJ i like it !  Hope you have more to show !

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #313 on: August 25, 2014, 11:10:39 AM »
Nice. This looks good on the front page. Thanks for sharing these with us. Your story line makes a lot of sense to me.

Thanks Tamer. Always appreciated!

Nice alternate take on the film! It feels like how David Lynch might have handled it if he hadn't turned directing the movie down.
That nomad Leia is brilliant!

I often wondered that myself then I remember how eccentric he is. He's great at what he does but I don't think he'd be a good fit for the Star Wars Trilogy. I wish Kershner would have continued on with the series. 'Jedi' would have been frikin' awesome.

Very cool take on ROTJ i like it !  Hope you have more to show !

Thanks bud! There are a few more in this series. I'm trying not to go into a long explanation of the events that take place because I'd like to save that for a PhotoArt series like the Prequel one I've been doing.

Don't anyone get me wrong, I love 'Return Of The Jedi'. I rank it #3 of my all time favorite Star Wars films. I just have my own idea of what it maybe could have been.

Offline Rogue Jedi

• Ensign
« Reply #314 on: August 25, 2014, 06:12:39 PM »
I am a huge fan of your reimagining of the prequels as well as your virtual customs (in fact one of your virtual customs of Jaxxon played heavily into my sculpt of him because it was so dead on perfect). Can't wait to see your version of ROTJ.