Author Topic: ><DarthSinister>< Presents: A Different Point Of View  (Read 109190 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: ><DarthSinister>< Presents: A Different Point Of View
« Reply #285 on: July 16, 2014, 10:53:57 AM »
Well I can get them all in one fell swoop. Thanks for the link. Time to go announce this on the front page!

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #286 on: July 20, 2014, 11:25:15 AM »
Thanks guys!

Skipping ahead again to Issue#53 "The Last Gift From Alderaan!" and #54 "Starfire Rising" we meet an Imperial General Sk'ar. This was the first alien that we see as an Imperial Officer. The story, which is started in issue 53 was a recycled story. The art work was used from the newly canceled "John Carter Warlord Of Mars" series and Marvel felt the art was something that they didn't want to scrap so they had the regular Star Wars artists modify the work and create a story... issue #53 is that story.

Still set in between TESB and ROTJ Leia is captured by the giant alien Imperial General Sk'ar who threatens the planet Shiva IV with an anti-matter bomb. As many of MARVEL's Star Wars stories the alien species were not identified and for many years General Sk'ar went on as a nameless species until fleshed out in the Hyperspace publication Aliens in the Empire, which gave his full name and retconned him as a Kaleesh. He was later referenced in the Wizards of the Coast sourcebook Galaxy at War in 2009.

General Sk'ar

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #287 on: July 20, 2014, 06:20:59 PM »
MARVEL comics issues #58, 59 & 61 featured an oddball character that I found somewhat entertaining.
ORION FERRET was an unscrupulous telepathic weapons trader who plied his wares aboard the commercial merchant station Bazarre during the time of the Galactic Civil War. He crossed paths with Lando Calrissian on more than one occasion.
He was a tall, slender, middle-aged Human male. He had thin, graying hair and a gaunt, narrow face. While operating on Bazarre, Orion traditionally dressed in black formal attire, with a red bowtie and white dress shirt. Thick red buttons, and large heart-shaped sequins adorned the lapels of his jacket.
Orion Ferret owned a small squid-like animal, which he kept as a pet. This diminutive green creature could frequently be seen resting on Orion's shoulder or climbing about his head and neck.

ORION FERRET

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #288 on: July 21, 2014, 05:36:43 AM »
Wow, great update. I really like that Kaleesh. Off to the front page yet again.

Offline Sjefke

• Commodore
  • The Yuzzum is in
« Reply #289 on: July 21, 2014, 06:31:06 AM »
Ferret looks a little like Johnny Carson. 
Love the concepts.

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #290 on: July 29, 2014, 08:35:01 PM »
MARVEL Star Wars Issue #67 we see Artoo, C-3P0 and Chewbacca confronting "The Darker". The Darker was a creature made of pure dark energy by an ancient civilization and trapped by the same ancients behind a force field. It attempts to use Artoo to escape the force field but doesn't count on C-3P0 saving the day.

The Darker

In Issue #68 "The Search Begins" our heroes split up in order to find Boba Fett and rescue Han Solo. Leia and C-3P0 find themselves on Mandalore in their quest which was the last known sighting of Dengar. They find a Mandalorian Commando named Fenn Shysa instead and assist him in freeing some of his people from slavers. Shysa then tells Leia of his role in the Clone Wars, claiming that he fought for the Empire, was led into battle by Boba Fett, and even became acquainted with Leia during briefing missions. Shysa finishes his tale by telling Leia that of all the Mandalorian Protectors, only three survived, his commander, his childhood friend, Tobbi Dala, and himself.

Leia finds out that Shysa has Dengar held captive awaiting a prisoner exchange with the Empire for his friend Dala. Desperate for information leading to Fett and ultimately Han, Leia releases Dengar and helps him escape but the Empire isn't far behind.

Fenn Shysa and Tobbi Dala

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #291 on: July 30, 2014, 05:33:14 AM »
Nice, man wouldn't those Mandos move off the pegs if they were ever made. I am really enjoying this series. Back to the front page.

Offline nickeltcd

• Lieutenant
« Reply #292 on: July 31, 2014, 06:48:27 PM »
UR mando's are just plain awesome. I 2nd Tamers thoughts on they would fly off the shelves.
I really love General Sk'ar, what great detail and excellent coloring.
Thanks

By the Knights of Mandalore, our Quest will ring true

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #293 on: August 02, 2014, 05:39:18 PM »
Thanks guys! I sure appreciate it!

These are from issues 55 thru 61 or so. They are a simple outfit change for LANDO CALRISSIAN and LUKE SKYWALKER... and I included one of their new friends, PLIF the HOOJIB for good measure. MARVEL sure had some oddly colorful stuff going on back then!

LANDO CALRISSIAN LUKE SKYWALKER PLIF THE HOOJIB

Here is another shining example of a MARVEL character that has broken out and into other Star Wars media. She's a great character... don't get me wrong though, I think almost all of these characters could be picked up and renewed if someone had the guts.

SHIRA BRIE reminds me of Mara Jade a little and lets remember she preceded Mara. Imperial spy, love interest for Luke, red hair, green eyes, the Emperors Hand... it's just she eventually goes full on into being a Sith Lord and Mara doesn't.

SHIRA BRIE / LUMIYA

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
« Reply #294 on: August 03, 2014, 03:04:21 PM »
Wow!  These updates may be slight wardrobe changes, but still very cool nonetheless.  Plif the Hoojib: I can't believe it!  I had one of those read-along books/cassette series when I was a kid and Planet of the Hoojibs was one of those I had...read/listened to it until it literally fell apart.  

The Shira Brie/Lumiya 2-pack looks good.  I love the idea to have her post-accident head wrap be removable...IMO, looks much better that way.  

Oh, sorry about the misidentification on the torso used for Crimson Jack...I could've swore it was Evazan with that open-chested Fabio sculpt.   ;)

Light side, dark side...meh.  Just give me a lightsaber and a blaster and I'll take care of it!

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #295 on: August 03, 2014, 08:55:51 PM »
Wow!  These updates may be slight wardrobe changes, but still very cool nonetheless.  Plif the Hoojib: I can't believe it!  I had one of those read-along books/cassette series when I was a kid and Planet of the Hoojibs was one of those I had...read/listened to it until it literally fell apart.  

The Shira Brie/Lumiya 2-pack looks good.  I love the idea to have her post-accident head wrap be removable...IMO, looks much better that way.  

Oh, sorry about the misidentification on the torso used for Crimson Jack...I could've swore it was Evazan with that open-chested Fabio sculpt.   ;)

Yeah I just had to get a Lando in there and I remember thinking at the time 'It's either this one or the one when he wore that lame disguise.' The disguise was a white wig and an eye patch! I decided on this one.

Glad you liked em'.

I was looking back waaay before I started posting this old stuff and reading over some of the PREQUEL stuff. We had left off at the droid armies, Mando troops and even looked at a possibility for an armored Jedi. That would pretty much be the cast of characters for EPISODE I TPM with one exception... Bail Organa. I realized the whole premiss seems jam packed with characters but some of the ones I've showed you wouldn't necessarily be a prominent part in the first episode. Their parts come forward in EPISODE II especially the SITH LORDS. EPISODE I is really about what begins to happen in Anakins life more than anything and the first few battles of the Clone Wars.

So obviously part of Anakin's story is Padme and how they met and how they were thrown into a situation together and fell in love. We all know this has to be seen and we know that two of the end results of their relationship is Luke and Leia. We've seen Luke's Uncle Owen up front when I started this so I also think it's important to introduce one of Leia's surrogate parents. Bail Organa has been another one of those characters that I've had a clear view of in my minds eye for a long time. I figure he was around the same age as Anakin and Padme. A young dashing Prince from Alderaan who is serving his time in the Galactic Senate as Representative to his System. He's no non-sense, head strong and has a kind heart and he's taken the long trip to Naboo, not for the Boonta Eve challenge but for Padme whom he is in love with. At this point in time Bail has been working hard to win her feelings for some time. Padme on the other hand enjoys Bail's occasional company but loves him only as a child hood friend and nothing else.

That's the clincher, as it goes nice guys finish last and the new bad boy on the block gets the attention. That puts a little tension on Anakin and Bail's relationship from the very beginning.

This is a good representation of Bail as I picture him in a hanger bay surrounded by Alderaanian Royal Guard.

BAIL ORGANA    

Oh and this one is new. I'm still not done with the old stuff yet though so keep watchin' for the few remaining digital customs.

Offline smeagol92055

• Global Moderator
  • Colonel
    • Smeagol's Art Blog!
« Reply #296 on: August 04, 2014, 11:31:42 AM »
Gregory Peck as Bail Organa? GIVE THIS MAN ALL THE MONIES.
I have altered the action figure. Pray I don't alter it further.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #297 on: August 04, 2014, 03:57:44 PM »

I agree! Off to share.

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #298 on: August 10, 2014, 05:34:46 PM »

Thanks buddy, glad you liked him. I've been seeing him that way since I was a kid.

I agree! Off to share.

Thanks Tamer!

This was the longest week. I feel like I haven't posted in a month or something, wow.

I've got a couple here tonight. First up is Fenn Shysa again. Later in the MARVEL series he had an interesting costume change. Fenn went to an all white armor with an orange flight suit, not just any orange though this was like a pastel orange. I like to call this his "Dreamsicle" look beacause he looked a little like one of my favorite ice cream treats. Here he is in all his glory.

Fenn Shysa

Next is a great trio! One of my favorite re-occurring set of characters, The Rik Dual gang. This bunch consisted of Rik Dual of coarse, Dani the Zeltron and Chihdo the Rodian. Rik Duel was a brash, egotistical Corellian smuggler who lead Chihdo and Dani from one get-rich-quick scam to another, most often not according to plan.

Duel was a thief and a double-crossing, swindling ladies' man who knew Han Solo in his youth, and later would cross paths with Solo, Luke Skywalker, and Princess Leia Organa on Stenos.

Rik Dual 

Dani was a female Zeltron adventurer and a master thief from the planet of Zeltros.

Dani The Zeltron

Chihdo was a Rodian thief who was an associate of smuggler Rik Duel and Dani. He was a cousin of Greedo who somehow survived Navik the Red's Tetsu Clan purges.
Chihdo and his partners were on Stenos in issues#70-72. For unknown reasons, Chihdo was captured by a team of bounty hunters, including Bossk and IG-88C, who were allied with Barpotomous Drebble. Chihdo was frozen in carbonite and then transported through the streets.
Duel and Dani were searching for his missing friend. Meanwhile, Luke Skywalker and Lando Calrissian tracked Bossk and IG-88 to Stenos, believing the hunters could lead them to their missing friend Han Solo, who was also frozen in carbonite. Calrissian saw the frozen Rodian and mistook him for Solo. Calrissian and Skywalker tried to rescue Solo, only to discover that he was not Solo and that the bounty hunters were ambushing them.

Chihdo The Rodian

Barpotomous Drebble was a Human businessman who had a weakness for gambling and a furious temper. The owner of a tavern on the Hunter's World of Keyorin, Drebble accumulated enough wealth to live comfortably. At some point, Drebble came into contact with Lando Calrissian, an accomplished smuggler and skilled gambler. The encounter ended poorly for Drebble, and he swore vengeance on Calrissian.

Barpotomous Drebble

Well folk I hate to tell you but were near the end of the MARVEL comics virtual customs. I may have one or two more for next week, I have to look around the computer and see. I do have a few other "VCs" that are not from the MARVEL era so the shows not over yet! Stay tuned true believers!

Offline smeagol92055

• Global Moderator
  • Colonel
    • Smeagol's Art Blog!
« Reply #299 on: August 10, 2014, 08:56:24 PM »
Drebble reminds me a bit of Baron Harkonnen.
I have altered the action figure. Pray I don't alter it further.