Author Topic: ><DarthSinister>< Presents: A Different Point Of View  (Read 109324 times)

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
Re: ><DarthSinister>< Presents: A Different Point Of View
« Reply #270 on: June 25, 2014, 02:14:55 PM »
These are fantastic !! I sure hope you got more coming !  Well done

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #271 on: June 30, 2014, 08:46:05 PM »
Thanks fellas!

Okay True Believers, way back in issue 25 we begin to hear about the Tagge Family or House of Tagge. This is the same relation as General Tagge from the Death Star Briefing Room. For quiete a few issues we're introduced to them one by one, the first being Baron Orman Tagge who is head of the family. Baron Tagge has for some time been trying to become more valuable in the Emperor's eyes than Darth Vader. His Blindness was caused by Vader in a duel. The Baron was created as an adversary to Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker and the character ended up transcending to other media outside of MARVEL. One thing he was known for was designing the L8-L9 Battle Droids (from the Legacy BAD line) around the time of the Clone Wars.

Baron Orman Tagge

His siblings were just as wicked, including his brother Scientist Silas Tagge. The two were close in age and often quarreled.

Silas Tagge

Ulric Tagge was the youngest brother.

Ulric Tagge

Sister Domina was another red head in Luke Skywalkers life and although a Priestess in a religious order was shifty and untrustworthy. She pitted Vader and Luke in a duel to further the career of her brother Orman.

Domina Tagge

Well there's the House of Tagge. More to come!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #272 on: July 01, 2014, 11:51:38 AM »
That Baron looks fantastic on the front page. Interesting characters. You sure do make me wish I had all the SW Marvel Line up thats for sure. Looking forward to more.

Offline koth

• Lieutenant
« Reply #273 on: July 01, 2014, 01:08:08 PM »
Great work! My Baron Tagge looks pitiful compared to your one. (Although I think I got my Tagge head from you, so I think I'll shut up!)

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
« Reply #274 on: July 01, 2014, 04:03:00 PM »
Wasn't aware of this guy in the Marvel line (though I didn't follow it all that closely)...great concepts though!   I love seeing these updates; good work as always!

Light side, dark side...meh.  Just give me a lightsaber and a blaster and I'll take care of it!

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #275 on: July 07, 2014, 09:58:26 PM »
Great work! My Baron Tagge looks pitiful compared to your one. (Although I think I got my Tagge head from you, so I think I'll shut up!)

Yep you most certainly did. I still have the mold for it. Sooner or later I want to do a custom of the Barron.

Wasn't aware of this guy in the Marvel line (though I didn't follow it all that closely)...great concepts though!   I love seeing these updates; good work as always!

Thanks Merc, I'll try to keep these updates coming.

That Baron looks fantastic on the front page. Interesting characters. You sure do make me wish I had all the SW Marvel Line up thats for sure. Looking forward to more.

Thanks Tamer,

I got a few more tonight. I wanted to post this weekend but I was working on some armor for a custom. I should be posting that figure in Custom Figures soon.

ISSUE # 38!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hands down one of the most surprising and best Star Wars comics that MARVEL ever put out. That's thanks mainly to guest Artist Michael Golden!

What was the surprise you ask? The answer: in issue #37, it was advertised at the end of the story that the next comic would be the adaptation of "The Empire Strikes Back"!
That meant that the next issue, issue #38, would be on sale a mere 7 days after the actual premier of the film in 1980. Children's hearts leaped from their chests in excitement including mine! But when the issue finally arrived in shops around the US the story was NOT the one promised a month before.

Disappointment began to loom but when the pages were turned they revealed an astonishing story with amazing art work! The story was a stand alone that had nothing to do with the story-line that fans had been following. It featured Luke and Leia and was very different from the "Fantasy" type Star Wars feel, it was more "Science Fiction". The art was the real clincher though! Drawn by the very talented Michael Golden (who I followed in MARVEL's Micronauts), this was the best Star Wars art any had seen in a comic at the time.

The story, "Riders Of The Void" sees Luke and Leia attacked by an Imperial Star Destroyer while on a medical supply run for the Rebellion. When making the jump to light speed the damaged ship malfunctions and Luke and Leia end up outside of the Galaxy in the starless Void between Galaxies. They soon encounter a strange massive organic ship that swallows them up. Inside the ship begins to play a dangerous game with our heroes until Luke and Leia trigger emotion in it's programing and awaken a strange consciousness within.

The two make their way to the bridge where they find a single ancient pilot controlling the ship. The pilot tells them he fought in the last battle of a massive war. When he returned to his home world the enemy had detonated a viral bomb annihilating the entire population. The pilot fled from the virus, which engulfed his Galaxy, far into the void where over time he and the ship became one single being.   

Some fans suspect that the events mentioned in that issue should be retroactively considered the earliest appearance of the Yuuzhan Vong and the first mention of the Cremlevian War, but as of yet, no later source has connected those two together. 

If you read any issue of MARVEL Star Wars make it this one.

Rider Of The Void and Bio Mechanical Droid

Offline smeagol92055

• Global Moderator
  • Colonel
    • Smeagol's Art Blog!
« Reply #276 on: July 08, 2014, 02:53:59 PM »
Oh, please PLEASE build this for real! That concept art is oozing with Giger-y goodness! I would even up the biomechanical aspects further than that; if I had the time and skill to build this for real, it would be hard to look at. I would up the ick factor by about 500%!
I have altered the action figure. Pray I don't alter it further.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #277 on: July 13, 2014, 08:07:27 AM »
Love it. Reminds me of Star Wars meets Alien. Off to put this update on the front page.

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #278 on: July 13, 2014, 09:42:20 PM »
Oh, please PLEASE build this for real! That concept art is oozing with Giger-y goodness! I would even up the biomechanical aspects further than that; if I had the time and skill to build this for real, it would be hard to look at. I would up the ick factor by about 500%!

Ya know what smeagol, I never thought of making this until you said that. I have a lot of customs in mind so there are a bunch ahead but my wheels are turning on this one.

Love it. Reminds me of Star Wars meets Alien. Off to put this update on the front page.

It was. The ship was very Gige-resk and the pilot was much like the derelict vessel pilot in 'ALIEN". Cool art work.

I'm gonna skip ahead past 'TESB' to ISSUE# 46 'The Dreams of Cody Sunn-Childe. This is right after 'TESB' so we catch a ride with Lando and Chewbacca who are on there way to rescue Han Solo. They incur a Hyperdrive malfunction which leaves them stranded in another dimension. Here they find a once great Rebel hero who had gone missing. Turns out Cody Sunn-Childe had found a porthole into the other-worldly dimension and discovered an incredible mental power and became somewhat god like. That fact certainly doesn't help the Imperial Destroyers that happen in also and begin to attack Sunn-Childs city.  Odd little story but fun MARVEL stuff just the same.

Cody Sunn-Childe

Up again a few issues to #49 'The Last Jedi'. Luke and Leia are on a mission to find a Prince of a world doomed under his younger brother's rule. The Prince crashed on a jungle world where he and his friend are the sole survivors. His friend Jedidiah was once to be a Jedi but refused. Unfortunately Jedidiah suffered sever head trauma from the crash and addle-brained. A whole lot of intrigue takes place after the Prince is returned home and Luke and Leia are right in the middle of it. In a terrible twist Luke gets tied up in a LightSaber battle with one of the baddies and from a far another attempts an assassinate our hero. Just when it looks really bad for poor Luke, Jedidiah has a moment of clarity and speaks to the Force. At that moment he knows what to do and foils the assassination but sadly looses his life in the process.

Jedidiah

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #279 on: July 14, 2014, 05:59:18 AM »
Two more great characters. I like em both. Let me figure out which one to put on the front page.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #281 on: July 15, 2014, 06:45:57 AM »
Had to get Sun on the fp too. Love the head on that figure.

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #282 on: July 15, 2014, 09:36:02 AM »
Thanks man! He was an extremely odd looking fellow.

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #283 on: July 15, 2014, 09:42:30 AM »
Wow! Check this out. http://www.starwars.com/news/marvel-star-wars-the-original-marvel-years-omnibus-first-look

“The circle is now complete.”

StarWars.com is excited to reveal Star Wars: The Original Marvel Years: a massive new omnibus set for release in January 2015 and featuring the entire run of Marvel’s classic series — the first Star Wars comics ever published. Read the official release below and get a sneak peek at the cover art of this historic collection!

Time to brush up on your MARVEL history gents!

Offline Sjefke

• Commodore
  • The Yuzzum is in
« Reply #284 on: July 16, 2014, 08:01:33 AM »
Really cool stuff DarthSinister.
We have to depend on concept customizers to show us these great EU characters.
Thanks