Author Topic: ><DarthSinister>< Presents: A Different Point Of View  (Read 109348 times)

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Re: ><DarthSinister>< Presents: A Different Point Of View
« Reply #375 on: October 28, 2023, 08:21:37 PM »
Awesome concept! Vincent Price is my guy. He would have made a good officer type. Matter of fact im watching Bela Lugosi's Dracula now. My favorite all time subjective universal monster is Lon Chaney Jr's Wolfman. Personally I feel the Creature from the black lagoon is underrated, I think it took elements from King Kong and paved the way to Jaws and Jurassic Park.   Awesome work!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2023, 09:19:00 PM by JDeck »

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #376 on: October 31, 2023, 09:51:02 AM »
Thank you JDeck. I've been on a Universal Monsters and a Hammer Horror stint for Halloween month. I had to re-do the old ones and give a fresh look to them after watching all of those movies.

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #377 on: January 05, 2024, 10:55:50 AM »
Just for fun. Marvel seems to be struggling with this casting so here's a suggestion.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #378 on: January 08, 2024, 04:52:07 AM »
It almost feels like to me that Marvel is non-existent anymore.

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #379 on: January 08, 2024, 02:55:36 PM »
Like it ended and that's it. It's because they're retiring the old characters and it doesn't feel right without Stark, Rogers, Quill and the Guardians, Black Widow...
They also seemed to not have a solid plan when it came to where they were going and balancing the Disney+ series' and the small amount of films between them.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #380 on: January 10, 2024, 04:50:46 AM »
I agree. I just remember how awesome I felt about the franchise after Avengers and now its just meh.

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #381 on: February 01, 2024, 08:15:32 PM »
A More Civilized Time.
For over a thousand generations
the Jedi Knights were the guardians
of peace and justice in the Old
Republic. Before the dark times, before the Empire.

Click to enlarge.

My re-do of the Obi-Wan Kenobi from many years back. This gives a better look at the uniform. After seeing "Star Wars" at 10 years old in 1977 the mysterious statement that Ben told Luke after giving him his father's lightsaber ran wild in my imagination. Eventually I formed my own ideas of what a Jedi Knight was and what the story could be when Obi-Wan and Anakin fought in the Clone Wars. This is what we did back then. There was no internet. The only news we received was via Star Wars geared magazines or Famous Monsters Magazine... only a few nuggets in the three years between films.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #382 on: February 02, 2024, 12:33:56 AM »
Yeah...that totally works.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #383 on: February 02, 2024, 03:58:44 AM »
I agree. I could see him looking just like that. I do get tired of the robes. They sure wouldn't be good to fight in ever.

Off to the front pages.

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #384 on: February 02, 2024, 05:25:00 AM »
Thanks guys! As you can see this vision has never changed. General Obi-Wan Kenobi as he should have been. He stands in the palace in the city of Theed awaiting conference with the enchanting Queen Amidala.
Im going to try to work on some more of these to post.

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #385 on: February 19, 2024, 09:54:35 AM »
Okay. We're having a crossover event. There is a discussion over on Mungo Baobab AI Art pages about the acceptance of AI art as a whole. Some of you know that I create my "digital customs" with other photos and art work. I'm even starting to use AI parts in my digital customs. I don't credit any models or artists because some of these have hundreds of layers and the picture part used could be the size of a dime in perspective.

This digital custom is one of my favorite EU characters. That's no secret and Mungo Baobab has tackled him in AI. He has graciously allowed me to use his AI Art to create my Jaxxon. The one from my minds eye since I was 11 years old reading MARVEL Star Wars Comics and wishing the art was better. Keep in mind this is only Mungo Baobab AI Art. Nothing from outside of that. I only used three of his photos and my WACOM tablet for painting techniques. You can still see a little AI in it, of coarse, but what a knock out... at least for me. This is a mile stone in realism for Jaxxon that I've been wanting to relate to people for a long time. Thank you Mungo Baobab.

Jaxxon in all his glory. Think a seven foot tall Rocket Raccoon without such a foul mouth, but grumpy and smart-assed all the same. It would totally work to bring the StarHoppers into the live action fray!

click to en-biggen

Ooops. I lied. The cigar and bottom lip are a google search.

Offline Mungo Baobab

• Customs Merchant
  • Marshal
« Reply #386 on: February 19, 2024, 10:50:37 AM »
Nice! That is excellent work! You definitely took the image to the next level.

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #387 on: February 19, 2024, 11:12:53 AM »
Thanks Bro. Couldn't have done this without the AI Art. I'm about to post it on my social media accounts. ShipYards get it first, always.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #388 on: February 19, 2024, 11:18:54 PM »
Thanks Bro. Couldn't have done this without the AI Art. I'm about to post it on my social media accounts. ShipYards get it first, always.

That's pretty awesome, and certainly fits my memory of Jaxxon from the Marvel comics oh so long ago.  :) I have to say that collaboration is a pretty amazing thing, and it value shows here. Excellent job!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #389 on: February 20, 2024, 03:37:59 AM »
Now see this is why, although I think AI artwork is great, it still will take humans to bring it to this level. Outstanding!

Off to share.