Author Topic: Short Story of Team Redwing.  (Read 16724 times)

Offline NightStalker

• The Wolfpack.
  • Cadet
  • Can't quit, don't die.
Short Story of Team Redwing.
« on: March 11, 2011, 10:00:22 PM »
     When Palpatine contacted me, I was in my favorite place in the Galaxy. Coruscant, Triple Zero. Preping my team for drop into the city. Apparently a Bounty Hunter was holding a group of civilians in a large office bulding. We didn't know much, the building had been shut down, and nobody could get, or even see inside. All we knew was there were 10 bad guys, and 43 hostages. That's risky, but it's what we do. The seemingly impossible, that's our job. Looking at the blue prints of the buidling, we could tell it was 100 stories high, and approximately 20,000 square meters. Pretty big, 500 square meters a floor. The top ten levels were in lockdown, so that's were the bad guys most likely were. So would take few mintues to clear each floor.
    What this particularly difficult was that we had no idea were the terrorist would located. Our sniper teams already on the ground could tell us nothing. Which in itself seemed impossible. I knew a lot of those men, and if they weren't able to gather accurate intelligence, no one would. 'These guys are smart, how?' This seemed odd. Since the building was about half a click North of the Senate District the building was out with some of the most advanced security the Republic could provide. Not to mention, the building belong AAA company and billions of credits could be at stake. This made us edgy.
     As we approached the tall, pale white buidling with black strips seemly cutting threw in circles around the windows. We knew our best bet in would through the roof. Literaly through the roof and then fall in. As the gunship came to top the building, I recieved the Emporers message. A blue and purple hologram popped out of my armored and hevily  modified wrist-comm. The hooden figure stated "Execute, Order 66." Then my team stepped off the ship and onto the dusty roof. "Yes sir." was all I could spit out of my already open mouth. "Redwings! Alright, the Chancelor just broadcasted Order 66. This changes nothing, we're still to those people out of harms way." Axe, replied hastily "What if there are Jedi on their way here?" "Not our problem."Stated Hawks.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 08:22:39 PM by NightStalker »
Can't quit, don't die.

Offline NightStalker

• The Wolfpack.
  • Cadet
  • Can't quit, don't die.
Re: Short Story of Team Redwing.
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 10:30:08 PM »
    Immediately after we started looking for weak points, rafters, ventalion units. And thing that would allow us to blow a hole through the roof with minimum damage. Vegas, the team breacher let out  yell "Found it!" I immediately radio the teams standing by in gunships orbiting overhead. "We got a weak spot, Neptune, Wraith teams begin insertion and regroup with us." I walked over to Vegas. He was manipulating a breach charge to blow about a meter sized cirlce through the vent units. This would allow us a straight drop onto the top floor. The top floor was all electronical equipment to keep the buidling cool, circulated, and also controlled the lock-down function. This would make it so not just anyone would be able to lock it down.
    I call my team near the edge of the roof. there wasn't anything to really protect us from the blast. It was all flat, this was unnerving. The walls and ceiling were about 8 centimeters thick. so you had to add a little bit extra to the charge. Making this extremely dangerous.
    Neptune team, arrived seconds later. 4 black armored men stepped out, they were all in the same unit as us. Special Warfare Development Teams.
Best of the best. Highly trained warriors with unrivaled skill in combat. Experts in the application of violence. We were the spearhead of the Grand Army of the Republic. Unlike most of the GAR, we were unaltered, men. Not clones of the Mandalorian bounty hunter Jango Fett. Following the Neptunes, was Wraith Team. Their gunship land as they stepped off casually. Unlike us, whom were equipped with Phase 2 armor. They had on Katarn. Suited up in black stealth armor. They were just getting back from an operation on another planet somewhere and had no time to put on their specialized Phase 2. The SWD Teams were not limited to a single variation. We suited up in whatever the mission called for.
Can't quit, don't die.

Offline NightStalker

• The Wolfpack.
  • Cadet
  • Can't quit, don't die.
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 10:57:49 PM »
   On an operation like this. We normally suited up in Phase 2, beacause of it's light weight and, we all had modified it heavily. Intimidating red and black stripes, or designs, decorated the suit and gave each of us our own look. We all check our equipment one last time. Ensuring our DC-17 interchangable systems were ready to go. Then I gave Vegas the go ahead.
A sharp and loud  "BANG!" And then a circular entrance was blown up and out. this ensured that no-one on the inside would be hurt. My team entered first, me then Axe, Hawks and Vegas. We fell an unexpected 2 meters and crached violently into the floor. Almost instantly, seemigly superhumanly, we were back up and in the middle of hall way. "Clear left!" I yelp, "Clear right!" Axe cried.
   The hallway had many blinking lights and beeping sounds. as then end of my side there was a door. And behind me and Vegas, was Hawks and Axe watching the way. "Stack, on me!" I yelled then 3 the soldiers fell behind me in a line. With my muzzle point twards the door we began to move twards it. "Neptunes, coming in!" they fell in the hallway as we did and immediately stacked on opposite we were on and starting moving twards a door on their side that led to stairs. Wraith Team also fell into the hall. And stacked up on door directly behind the number 4 man in my stack. As we approached the door, I extended my arm and pointed with 3 fingers and then curled and pulled my arm back. Indicating to basically blow the door into the room. Vegas moved from his number 3 spot to the door and placed a breeching charge. Standing next door I Vegas moved to the right of it and held out his thumb. "BANG!" fell into the room and we filled the corners searching for any threats.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 11:42:38 AM by NightStalker »
Can't quit, don't die.

Offline NightStalker

• The Wolfpack.
  • Cadet
  • Can't quit, don't die.
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2011, 10:58:50 PM »
That Was Part 1, Chapter 1, "Terrorism on Coruscant", send me a PM with suggestions and be sure to visit my customs thread! Thanks.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 11:03:03 PM by NightStalker »
Can't quit, don't die.