Author Topic: Latest GI Joe purchases  (Read 82938 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Latest GI Joe purchases
« Reply #180 on: February 16, 2013, 10:02:45 AM »
I was getting that info from report made to hisstank.com from toy fair, I believe, but have read a couple of such release lists that have some variances to them such as flip flopping waves 2 and 3 so still consider it to be as much rumor as anything else. I would be interested to know when wave 4 could be expected though.
i found this different list from terrordrome.com that puts them in wave 3?

New 3.75? Wave 3 new reveals – “Ultimate” Flint, “Ultimate” Roadblock, Budo Samurai, “Ultimate” Storm Shadow (Sunbow accurate), “Ultimate” Cobra commander (with 2 heads), Data-Viper and Kwinn
- Wave 4 are re-mixes with hard to find figures – Blind Master, Cyber Ninja, Dark Ninja, Joe Colton, Kim Arashikage, lady Jaye, Night Viper, Red Cobra Trooper
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 10:13:35 AM by Clonehead »

Offline lucasclones

• Global Moderator
  • Major
    • My Flickr site!
« Reply #181 on: February 16, 2013, 11:09:51 AM »

I think the red cobra trooper is really the crimson guard.SAll I've heard on next wave is march

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #182 on: February 16, 2013, 12:07:50 PM »

I think the red cobra trooper is really the crimson guard.SAll I've heard on next wave is march
that isnt that far off then. i'm surprised the black marketeers arn't selling them yet.

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #183 on: February 16, 2013, 05:58:56 PM »
That firefly is looking good for a couple of customs I've been tooling about in the back of my brain.  Not a ninja fan, but apparently I can trade them off to a couple of folks on here for other goodies.   ;D  Flint looks rockin, as does Roadblock and (actually) the Cyber Ninja.  Disappointed in Lady Jaye as I said on her review thread, but I'll prolly get her anyway.   ;D

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #184 on: February 20, 2013, 06:51:22 AM »
picked up the tread ripper and the ninja 4x4 yesterday. going to repaint both of em and try to shake off the lackluster figures. Putting up a review of the tread ripper now.

Offline zedhatch

• Commodore
« Reply #185 on: February 20, 2013, 09:13:21 AM »
Ironically I have actually avoided most of the new vehicles because of the poor figs, that and I have them already LOL. 

I found lady Jaye yesterday, barely anything else on the pegs though.

Updates Mon-Fri every week, also reviews and much much more.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #186 on: February 21, 2013, 06:26:01 AM »
that store that had the vehicles had the isle pegs set up for the new figures but diidnt have any out yet. I even sent a guy from sporting goods to the back to look for me but I think i could have had better luck if they had let me go back there. I went to a different walmart store yesterday and their joe pegs had been hammered with only a ninja duel snake eyes knocked off of the peg and one Ninja Dojo pack in  the wrong part of the isle so we now have evidence of the three packs at walmart now. Their price was higher for em than target by going on $5 each. I had an associate comp that pack down to the target price for me.
  Stopped by another walmart later in the day and found what was left of wave 3, a snake, a roadblock, lady jaye, cyber ninja, and the alley viper and snagged the latter three. Looks like Joe and the dark ninja are the real hits here with the two from wave 2 being firefly and flint like we already knew. This store had two each of the new 3-packs, once again marked at this higher price. I went to a register with these with what appeared to be an unsuspecting associate who balked at the comping idea because i didnt have a paper add stating targets price. She told me that not even a receipt from target would work in this case. She even got mad about it. I should have shot some video. So, I left the two i had grabbed with her and waltzed back to the same isle and grabbed the other two and promptly had an associate in the automotive section comp them to the target price for me saving $10. As I walked out, I gave the other check out lady a wink as I patted my latest purchase so that she would see me and know what i had done.

that is how comping works, folks. without a current paper add showing the competing price, it is hit and miss. Not even a pic on your phone will work if they dont want to take it although you could probably argue your point.

Offline The Spectre

• Global Moderator
  • High Admiral
  • Customizing Spirit Of Wrath
    • The Spectreverse
« Reply #187 on: February 23, 2013, 10:26:46 AM »
Nabbed 2 more Retaliation Joe Troopers (tan) and another Mouse/SE/Airborne pack at target while running errands this morning.
Founding Member Of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals)

Founding Member Of The CSOTC (Customize Something Other Than Clones) Society

Visit me on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000474627568

https://www.facebook.com/Spectreverse/

Offline zedhatch

• Commodore
« Reply #188 on: February 23, 2013, 08:06:55 PM »
Finally found some Retaliation Joes.  Got colton, Rockblock, Cyber Ninja, Cobra Invasion Team (for Firefly) awesomess. 

Updates Mon-Fri every week, also reviews and much much more.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #189 on: February 28, 2013, 03:34:32 PM »
Look what I got in the mail today.
this is the Joe Collectors Club Exclusive Kim Arashikage figure. Pretty bad a$$ looking. Different from the sdcc versions but still pretty cool.

Chad is going to love this one.

Offline lucasclones

• Global Moderator
  • Major
    • My Flickr site!
« Reply #190 on: February 28, 2013, 03:54:27 PM »
AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH Im so jealous! Nice score Clint. Are you opening her?

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #191 on: February 28, 2013, 04:47:13 PM »
AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH Im so jealous! Nice score Clint. Are you opening her?
It hurts, I want to open her up so badly, Chad. I may sell a few of these and try to raise a little profit to pay for one to keep. You cant make much on em. Perhaps $5 apiece.
She is one good looking figure. Imagine if this 0ne had gotten a line wide release.

Offline PROVOST

• Ensign
  • Colonel In Chief
« Reply #192 on: March 01, 2013, 12:20:34 AM »
Arrived today via eBay:

(Hasbro not releasing this line at all in Australia)  ::)
You can build a throne with bayonets, but you can't sit on it for long. -Boris Yeltsin

Offline Cmdr_Vulkus

• Cadet
« Reply #193 on: March 01, 2013, 10:43:15 AM »
Hey if you have extra of that Jinx fig I'll buy one from ya

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #194 on: March 01, 2013, 10:57:05 AM »
Hey if you have extra of that Jinx fig I'll buy one from ya
she is listed on ebay. How much are you wanting to spend?