Episode 12
Episode 13
Episode 14
Episode 15
Episode 16
Episode 17
Episode 18
Episode 19

Author Topic: Wookielover1138's YouTube Channel  (Read 63318 times)

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
Re: Wookielover1138's YouTube Channel
« Reply #195 on: April 03, 2011, 10:26:51 PM »
If you have a Hobby Lobby close-by, start there.  Look for the model-kits aisle then side-step one or two aisles (varies by store) and look for the tall metal rack of Alumilite products.  This is frequently adjacent to the tools pegs where they keep the X-acto/Excel hobby knives and the like.  You can get everything you need right here.  Personally, I use the Alumilite resin that is found several more aisles over, with the soap & candle molding products, but Clint uses the resin back over where you started and we both get good results.  (I'm seeing the inside of the closest HL store as I write this)

There are two mold-making silicones on the rack in very similar boxes - Quick-Set and High Strength III.  For our purposes, heads and helmets - lots of detail and significant undercuts, we use the HSIII.  I think I may have some applications coming up where the Quick-Set will work fine, but that's a ways out just yet.  The "quick-start kits" have Quick-Set in them, so I recommend NOT getting one of them.  Get a box of HSIII and a box of the resin - both come with a couple of mixing cups and stirring sticks.  You should also pick up some disposable plastic cups, like 5oz Dixie cups.  If you want, I can post a quick vid showing how I don't even use the measuring cup on the HSIII when I pour up a new mold.  (hint - the 5oz Dixie cup has ridges and one of them matches up exactly to 2oz of HSIII - fill to that ridge then mix in the B-part/catalyst)

I *think* we are making the trek down to the nearest HL tomorrow for some other reasons, so if you'd like, I could take a pic of the aisles & the Alumilite rack so you have something to go by.  If you don;t have a Hobby Lobby, I think Michael's Arts & Crafts carries the same material, as well - really any A&C store should.  If not, hit up alumilite.com and you'll see a huge selection of stuff.  Mind-boggling, really.

It's a lot of fun - but it gets bloody expensive...

Offline wookielover1138

• The Kessel Run Review
  • Colonel
  • The First Lady of SW Collecting
    • Kessel Run Review
« Reply #196 on: April 04, 2011, 12:11:23 PM »
We do not have a Hobby Lobby, but we do have a Michael's. I really appreciate the info and any pics would be helpful ;D Thanks so much!!!

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #197 on: April 04, 2011, 06:48:39 PM »
We'd already left before you replied, so I didn't get to visit the Michael's that I was close to.  :(  You should be able to ask someone for the casting supplies.  HOWEVER, I anticipate being down there again next week, so I'll visit Michael's and check - assuming you don't manage to hit up yours first.

Offline KesselRunImports

• Lieutenant
« Reply #198 on: April 06, 2011, 09:39:19 AM »

Episode VII is in production.

Offline wookielover1138

• The Kessel Run Review
  • Colonel
    • Kessel Run Review
« Reply #199 on: April 06, 2011, 09:54:51 AM »
I don't know how I get away with paying him so cheap ;D

So today I had a funny experience at Walmart on a Toy Hunt. I actually found 2 new Ahsokas and a Commander Wolffe bbfet When I went to check out, a lady came up to me and said, "how old's your boy?" Then proceeded to bend one of the cards :o After I told her to quit bending my figure, I pointed at Nate and said, "that old!" ;) She looked really puzzled!!! 

Offline wookielover1138

• The Kessel Run Review
  • Colonel
    • Kessel Run Review
« Reply #200 on: April 06, 2011, 09:56:24 AM »
We'd already left before you replied, so I didn't get to visit the Michael's that I was close to.  :(  You should be able to ask someone for the casting supplies.  HOWEVER, I anticipate being down there again next week, so I'll visit Michael's and check - assuming you don't manage to hit up yours first.

It's cool Doc, but Thanks though :) I'll probably stop by Michael's sometime this week.

Spookymufu

« Reply #201 on: April 06, 2011, 10:59:11 AM »
I don't know how I get away with paying him so cheap ;D

So today I had a funny experience at Walmart on a Toy Hunt. I actually found 2 new Ahsokas and a Commander Wolffe bbfet When I went to check out, a lady came up to me and said, "how old's your boy?" Then proceeded to bend one of the cards :o After I told her to quit bending my figure, I pointed at Nate and said, "that old!" ;) She looked really puzzled!!! 

some random woman came up to you and started bending your cards?  I would have chewed her ass for that

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #202 on: April 06, 2011, 11:50:13 AM »
Yepper, I would have probably let her have it too.

It is nice there are reasonable folks here that deal with rather unreasonable people. What a mean woman. Nice reply though Jenn.

Offline wookielover1138

• The Kessel Run Review
  • Colonel
    • Kessel Run Review
« Reply #203 on: April 06, 2011, 02:08:09 PM »
Thanks guys!!! I did let her have it though, I used my authoritive tone ;) Some people just don't realize the value of "toys" ;D

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #204 on: April 07, 2011, 07:47:13 AM »
Sweet, got the new graphic on the front page. Bring on the next episode. I think its about time for another customs email too. I am always behind.

Offline wookielover1138

• The Kessel Run Review
  • Colonel
    • Kessel Run Review
« Reply #205 on: April 07, 2011, 08:05:32 AM »
Lol, I always feel the same way ;) You can wait a little bit if you want, we still have enough for 1 more episode! Hoping to do the voice-overs tonight and tape/edit tomorrow ;D Thanks for putting the SW Card on the fp, I really appreciate it!!!

Offline Art deWhill

• Marshal
  • I am making this up as I go.
    • Art deWhill's Canvas
« Reply #206 on: April 07, 2011, 08:37:12 AM »
WOW  :o
this card is awesome!!  looking absolutly cool, the card as a whole and Jenn's look :)
slick!

hey, just thought what about Clones with your tattoo on there armor/shoulder pads? that would be uber-cool - at least to me ;)

Offline wookielover1138

• The Kessel Run Review
  • Colonel
    • Kessel Run Review
« Reply #207 on: April 07, 2011, 11:43:36 AM »
Thanks so much Art!!! I think a clone with my tattoo on his/her armor is an awesome idea ;D Nate could probably create something as far as graphics, but doing a custom...my skills aren't that advanced yet! But if someone wanted to create one, I wouldn't stop them ;)

Offline Art deWhill

• Marshal
  • I am making this up as I go.
    • Art deWhill's Canvas
« Reply #208 on: April 07, 2011, 12:38:47 PM »
if I were a customizer I would :)
hopefully someone steals this idea :D

Offline wookielover1138

• The Kessel Run Review
  • Colonel
    • Kessel Run Review
« Reply #209 on: April 07, 2011, 02:50:47 PM »
Totally, it's a great idea!!! Paintings are always welcome ;D Speaking of, I was wondering how I maybe able to get my hands on a copy of the Journal of the Whills #60 with your Boba painting?