Episode 12
Episode 13
Episode 14
Episode 15
Episode 16
Episode 17
Episode 18
Episode 19

Author Topic: Wookielover1138's YouTube Channel  (Read 62538 times)

Offline wookielover1138

• The Kessel Run Review
  • Colonel
  • The First Lady of SW Collecting
    • Kessel Run Review
Wookielover1138's YouTube Channel
« on: March 03, 2011, 08:18:36 AM »
Check out Episodes of the Kessel Run Review, hosted by me bbfet

http://www.youtube.com/user/wookielover1138

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
Re: Wookielover1138's YouTube Channel
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 08:36:08 AM »
subscribed  ;)

Great production skills in your vid.  I swear, if we could get everyone on this board together physically, we could make the action-figure movie to end all movies!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 08:49:03 AM »
Daggone! Why is it everytime something cool is posted the daggone work firewall keeps me away!

I am hearing from my folks here that this is brilliant. I can't wait to go home to give this a view.

Welcome to the Yards by the way. I will give this a full view when I get home tonight and no doubt subscribe.  Thanks to Clonehead this is now featured on our front page!

Offline wookielover1138

• The Kessel Run Review
  • Colonel
    • Kessel Run Review
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2011, 08:50:16 AM »
Thanks Doc, that sounds like a great idea!

Offline wookielover1138

• The Kessel Run Review
  • Colonel
    • Kessel Run Review
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2011, 08:54:49 AM »
Daggone! Why is it everytime something cool is posted the daggone work firewall keeps me away!

I am hearing from my folks here that this is brilliant. I can't wait to go home to give this a view.

Welcome to the Yards by the way. I will give this a full view when I get home tonight and no doubt subscribe.  Thanks to Clonehead this is now featured on our front page!

You guys sure know how to make a girl feel welcome, thank you :) I look forward to hearing your critiques later Tamer.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2011, 11:25:08 AM »
That was an awesome video! I posted in your collection thread as well I think, but just wanted to echo here you have some great touches and I like how you are almost selling the figure like the price is right! haha Very good camera skills to who ever is filming as well as editing and production. I can't wait to see more as you have teased us with the really cool woman cave.

Offline wookielover1138

• The Kessel Run Review
  • Colonel
    • Kessel Run Review
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2011, 01:01:04 PM »
Thanks again Sprywalker :D Glad to hear you're looking forward to Episode 2. I will show the Production/Camera Team  your positive feedback, he'll be pleased bbfet

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2011, 03:38:44 PM »
Wookieelover, a warm welcome to the Shipyards!  I can't tell you how nice it is to have a woman's perspective on our favorite Sci-Fi saga.  Definitely refreshing, not to mention your very clean style of review, bringing an element of beauty to our plastic world.  So I gotta ask, do you open or keep everything carded/boxed?

Offline wookielover1138

• The Kessel Run Review
  • Colonel
    • Kessel Run Review
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2011, 04:19:57 PM »
Wookieelover, a warm welcome to the Shipyards!  I can't tell you how nice it is to have a woman's perspective on our favorite Sci-Fi saga.  Definitely refreshing, not to mention your very clean style of review, bringing an element of beauty to our plastic world.  So I gotta ask, do you open or keep everything carded/boxed?

Awww, tyvm Phatty ;) I usually try to keep a MOC collection, except for ships or vehicles which are easy to box up...and if there's a certain figure I want customized or just really like I buy 2 so I can open 1 :-[

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2011, 04:31:52 PM »
Oh Oh, the cat's out of the bag. You are going to have to show us some of your customs now.

Offline Clonemaster

• Commander
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2011, 05:07:25 PM »
nice welcome to the yards
 ;) ;) ;)
- Jon

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2011, 05:13:03 PM »
Well now I have to agree with Pat that seeing a female perspective on our chosen hobby is indeed refreshing and I do hope you continue your reviews as I have one little gal I plan to show this to when she gets home this evening. I am going to do everything in my power to show her that this can be a girl's hobby too and you are sure going to help me in my diabolical plan.

I must also say it is nice to have a carded collector amongst the horde of openers I am constantly called out by so I am hoping you can run some interference for me when they get after me to open my goodies.

As for future casts I would love to see an overall video of that awesome looking collection room, but would change nothing in regards to your video transitions which I quite liked. As for the figure review itself I would love to hear another carded collectors perspective on the art of the packaging (would love to hear your take in our general hasbro thread on the 2012 packaging too btw) and feel free to show me the back of the card as some of the figures you reviewed I haven't seen on the shelf yet (like the Hevy) as it sure would give me more to go on when I hit the pegs.  I think some folks might not like the fact that you don't have the figure loose when you review it when you talk about things like accesories or articulation to actually show them those things while you review, but for carded colletors like myself I have no issues whatsoever.

That might be a longer critique than you were wanting, but I was thoroughlly impressed with your video and have subscribed (not something I do on a whim), lets just say I am not sure I could pull something like that off myself without the talented folks we have here to help me out from time to time. And if you are taking requests besides reviews for future segments I would love to hear a gal's take on the SW Collecting Hobby and how you got into this yourself. Once again welcome to the Yards and if I may be so bold I would love to hear how you found us sometime.

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2011, 05:23:36 PM »
excellent work WL   as a fellow star wars reviewer on youtube i can appreciate the efforts involved in making a vid ,and i thought episode 1 was excellent and very professional
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline wookielover1138

• The Kessel Run Review
  • Colonel
    • Kessel Run Review
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2011, 05:38:23 PM »
I'm so glad to hear positive feedback, was a little worried coming in. You know a chick doing a dude's job ;) That's cool if your liitle girl is into Star Wars, it's totally not a boys only hobby with Padme, Ahsoka, and Leia to mention a few. If she has any questions just send them my way, I'd be happy to help the lil Padawan!

The critique was thorough, and appreciated much. As far as how I came to be a fangirl myself, A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...

I remember watching Returm of the Jedi for the first time at 3. I fell in love with that Wookie at first sight ;D Anytime after that when Star Wars was on, I was watching. But I didn't start collecting & really getting into it until Clone Wars, that was the Epic moment for me. Once I saw Ahsoka for the first time, I was truly hooked. It was like someone animated me. There's a character for everyone, and the story/morals are one's everybody should live by...how can you not love it ;)

As far as ideas for the show, I'm always accepting. Thanks for subscribing and the fantastic review!!!

Offline wookielover1138

• The Kessel Run Review
  • Colonel
    • Kessel Run Review
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2011, 11:11:39 AM »
Episode 2 is up ;D I hope you guys enjoy it!!!