Author Topic: POC Wave 4  (Read 3262 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
POC Wave 4
« on: February 18, 2011, 04:31:21 PM »
These are two of the 4 figures that constitute wave 4, I believe. I got mine from Hasbro Toy Shop today.

It's not really like me to adopt another line of figures other than Star Wars but I've got to tell you, I am hooked on alot of these joes! I mean as far as articulation, design, sculpt, and all of the accessories, they just can't be beat.

Today I got the Skydive figure and the wave 4 Destro figure.

Skydive has a well equipped removable halo vest with killer detail. The halo helmet is removable and has attachment holes for his air hoses. He's got a holster on one lower leg with a pistol, There is this crazy winged jetpack with spring loaded wings that attaches to his back that has a pair of removable bombs and the two pieces that peg into his upper back are spotlights, I think. When his vest/rig is off, the upper body sculpt is fairly impressive in itself. He could easily pass for a cool looking mando or rc with a few extra parts added.

I kind of wish that each of the new figures came with an accessory list or something to help you figure out what went where but it's kind of fun to find out for yourself. Although the wing pack accessory is kind of wonky, this figure sure looks cool.

Now the Destro weapons supplier figure is also interesting. The first thing that you notice upon cracking his blister open is the briefcase full of money that he has. One side has a plastic insert of molded and printed money in two countries denominations but the other side contains individual pieces that are convincing bundles of cash, also in two different countrie's currency, printed on both sides. Not that I will use em for anything but that is just cool.

Destro has an armored vest with lots of detail that I haven't gotten around to removing yet because after I got him posed with his mini gun, I was afraid to take it all apart again. He has this one huge shoulder pad that is also removable. Now the mini gun mount is a marvel of design and function and has a great range of movement even if his arms can only hold it in so many positions. Not that his arms arn't quite poseable. It's just that the gun is so bulky that it is kind of a pain to get the mount to stay in his waist located peg hole while his hands are on the control handle and holding handle while getting his ammo feeding belt snapped into the gun and onto his back, all at the same time. It's a pain in  the butt but very cool.

If I see any of these two in the store, I will pick up at least one more of each for custom possibilities.

If I see the other two figures of this wave, i will probably pick em up and review em here.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 04:34:50 PM by Clonehead »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: POC Wave 4
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2011, 04:32:35 PM »
destro pics

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2011, 04:33:39 PM »
More pics

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2011, 08:10:17 AM »
Sweet looking figs, I can't wait to see what you do with em. Can I assume we are gonna see some type of SW crossover here?

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2011, 09:05:35 AM »
That would be the ultimate plan with all of my joe figures. Sometimes I get em to mold some of the parts and accessories.
I do have a little display area growing of the joes that I have opened and haven't raped for parts too bad.

Offline lucasclones

• Global Moderator
  • Major
    • My Flickr site!
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2011, 03:57:20 PM »
Hi Clint nice review!!  I got the entire wave except for Skydive and was going to pass on him but now that I have seen him off the card I may have to get him. This is the same wave as Lowlight and you are going to want to get him when you see him if you haven't already.  I am thinking of doing a photo review to go along with my video for this thread.  I got the Destro for the money but was very surprised at how cool he was after not being too impressed with his previous few releases.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2011, 04:00:11 PM »
I seen your video for lowlight and wanted him even more afterwords. I do have one now but go ahead and post your review in this thread if you want. That's what it's here for.

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2011, 10:12:17 AM »
YYYYEEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHH!!!  These Joes are better than I thought they were going to be. My wife is gonna have to just get mad at me for buying more toys. lol

Offline IMPURGE

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2011, 12:33:54 PM »
please oh please tell me you're gonna mold up destro's armor, and mabe even skydive's helmet.

Offline lucasclones

• Global Moderator
  • Major
    • My Flickr site!
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2011, 07:08:12 PM »
I seen your video for lowlight and wanted him even more afterwords. I do have one now but go ahead and post your review in this thread if you want. That's what it's here for.

I don't have a photo review but I will post my video here:

feature=channel_video_title