Author Topic: 'post your favorite 3 customs'  (Read 4492 times)

Offline von reinhardt

• Evilive
  • Commander
    • bountyhunterreinhard
'post your favorite 3 customs'
« on: February 11, 2011, 12:47:25 PM »
Hey folks,

I'm going to follow Rustyscustoms thread 'My first custom was... '  with a new thread 'post your favorite customs (x3)' that you made. Man! i have not had an original idea is a few  weeks...lol

Out of all the figures i have made/painted so far; these are the three that i like most.

So post up your three favorite customs that you made/painted your self.

EDIT;

Sorry folks for stating top 3....I was not thinking about you folks who have been at this for many, many years....I guess  because I have only been doing it for a few months, I only custom figures and I do not have many customs under my belt...
So for you folks who have been at it for years please post your top 5 to 10 top figures/dios  etc….

have fun.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 07:58:25 AM by von reinhardt »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: 'post your favorite 3 customs'
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 02:06:38 PM »
Cool thread. Now that is a tough choice. there have been several that I have made that I really like.
Perhaps I will let my buddy Shawn decide and we will see how close he comes to my 3 favorite. What say you, Tamer?

Offline Mungo Baobab

• Customs Merchant
  • Marshal
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2011, 02:39:28 PM »
Hmmm...I'm gonna have to make some new pictures.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2011, 03:34:39 PM »
One question, are we talking figures or any thing you have customized?

Offline Rustyscustoms

• RustysCustoms
  • Commander
  • and im like forget you
    • RustysCustoms
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2011, 03:48:49 PM »
I say three favourite "works"
like if you mainly do dioramas then three favourite of them, or if your like ART then three favourite peices of art youve done. something like that. ill have mine up soon, just need to decide now haha, thanks Von this will take me ages =P great idea though, great minds think alike lol though fools never differ, maybe we are the fools haha

Offline von reinhardt

• Evilive
  • Commander
    • bountyhunterreinhard
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2011, 03:52:55 PM »
One question, are we talking figures or any thing you have customized?

When i started this thread i was thinking custom figures.....but post any customs that you made/created/painted

Offline Rustyscustoms

• RustysCustoms
  • Commander
  • and im like forget you
    • RustysCustoms
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2011, 04:02:55 PM »
Alrighty here I go left to right.

Darth Malak, Toorn Vos & Order 66 Jedi Survivor

« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 04:04:55 PM by Rustyscustoms »

Offline darknsour

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2011, 04:24:33 PM »
OK if I had to pick 3 I guess they would be;

hope you like!

Rich

Offline Rustyscustoms

• RustysCustoms
  • Commander
  • and im like forget you
    • RustysCustoms
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2011, 04:39:09 PM »
RICCCCHHHHH i love that last mando my friend, bloody unreal, the arms are a superb feature.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2011, 06:46:56 AM »
my three favorite figures of all time?  oh hell...  I have too many favorites, basically everything I've ever done!  It'd probably be easier to pick the ones that I hate the most!   

but lets see.... I couldn't pick just 3, how about my top 5? From most recent to oldest:

most recently my mando speeder bike dio:

This incorporated so many elements and although the dio isn't 100% complete currently I know it'll be my favorite shelf piece to date.  That, and the fact that it took all my tallents to pull it together, from creating the figure, piecing together the bike, creating the electronics and creating the dio.  What pushed it over the top for me was my solution for getting battery power to the lighted bike.

Iron Man 2 Final Battle Armored Whiplash:

Probably my favorite non-star wars figure whiplash took alot of planning, sculpting, and retooling to make the figure work the way I wanted it to, and in the end I think I wound up with a pretty screen accurate version of the character.  this, actually realy surprised me with how well it turned out! lol.

super articulated The Force Unleashed Shaak-Ti:

I think of all the conversions from standard SW articulation to Joe-ewuivelant articulation this is my favorite.  Mainly because it looks almost seamless in the end.  alot of times my past projects look forced to me... unnatural and weirdly proportioned.  This one turned out perfect.  And it was a dificult process...   

Custom Hiss tank:

One of my favorite vehicle projects mainly because I love the hiss tank and always wanted one... with the new version's working treads i wanted them on an older style classic tank... and through alot of trial and error I made one that worked incredibly well.

and I think my favorite mando figure that I've ever done is my Stealth/shaddow mando:

Mainly because he was inspired by my first ever custom figure (a stealth boba fett) but this time he encorporated my super articulated style as well as alot of cool accessories and had such an awrsome paint scheme....

I had a ton more but I think these round off my favorites lists for the sheer fact that they all turned out as some of my best work and also were challenging to me at the time that I made them.

I find that  my favorite customs are always the ones that challenge and frustrate me as I am working on them! Overcoming those hurdles or pushing my tallent further is more rewarding than the resulting figure ever is.  For me customizing has always been about the process, not the result.

Offline Mungo Baobab

• Customs Merchant
  • Marshal
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2011, 07:07:39 AM »
Ugh...can't make any new pics, my wife has the camera. So I am going to use some old pictures.

Picking three is extremely hard. I don't know if these are my FAVORITE, but these are  three that I think turned out rather well.

One of my favorite customs that I have made is Kath Elran. Even though he is not a Jedi, I thought this custom bounty hunter turned out quite well.

Next is Remy Swit an Old Republic Jedi. This was my first major custom repaint. He turned out pretty good and I learned a lot.

Last is Master Azek.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2011, 07:42:00 AM »
Ok thanks for answering my question and I agree with Spud it is hard to narrow down 13 yrs of customizing into 3 favorites but I will try. I do figures, vehicles and dioramas so I will list mine in catagories.

All Time Favorite Figure...

Favorite Vehicle...

Favorite Dioramam...

Man I need to set this up in the floor again as I now have about 12 more custom pilots!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2011, 07:45:18 AM »
Wow, this is a great thread. I really enjoy seeing what everyone feels is their best customs.
while I have many customs under my belt including dioramas and model kits that I would love to focus on I will just post some figure pics. Like Spuda, I have so many favorites that I can't really narrow it down to just three and kind of like Devin stated, I respect the projects that really kick my a$$ as far as how tedious they were. "yes Devin, I know that they are all clones. I just can't help it. I really need to do more mandos or perhaps the odd sith lord here and there"

my top 5 are these, I guess, and they are fairly recent as in stuff I had done in the last two years.
No particular order here.

on page 29 of my custom figures revisited thread, there are pics of this 501st galactic marine repaint that I did.

On page 33 of that same thread, I found this image of the aotc camo atat driver figure that now resides at Tamer's house

and this  pic of the legacy style aotc clone commander fox figure

and more recently, on page 16 of my current custom figures thread, there is this image of the most recent republic commando figure that I did

and on page 23 of the same thread, here is an image of that arf arc trooper that I just finished.

odd how the most recent two made the list. I would almost rather do a top 10 as there are a few older ones that I really liked.
Out of these 5, the Commander Fox must have been the most difficult from the mods that I did to his helmet and those tedious painted markings on his chest.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2011, 07:48:23 AM »
Clint I wondered when you were going to post in this thread as your Commander Fox was the first thing I thought about. All of these are very minty.

Offline von reinhardt

• Evilive
  • Commander
    • bountyhunterreinhard
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2011, 08:03:56 AM »
This is great to see what the creators choose as their favorite customs….and I must say that you guys make some amazing stuff.

I enjoy creating something more that I do collecting.