Author Topic: Captain America movie 3 3/4" figures  (Read 8487 times)

Offline zedhatch

• Commodore
Re: Captain America movie 3 3/4" figures
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2011, 07:43:45 PM »
Don't worry yet about wave's 3 and 4 of the thor line, they aren't out for a bit yet, wave 2 is just arriving with that line.

Waves 3 and 4 of cap look disapointing though, just repaints of cap mostly.   Hydra soldiers are kind of interesting but not something I am excited about. 

On the XMO two pack, my big gripe with the colossus is the fact he has 5 points of articulation, I mean if you only diplay figs that works, but I like to pose them and hate statues (look at my gripes on GL figs).  Best Colossus I have seen is the MLS one from Toybiz, in fact best fig they did in that line.  Beyond that the MU one is a very, very, VERY close second.  I personally think that 2-pack is overrated, I had it at one point and dumped it (of course before these insane prices for it came up, ironicly I bought it on clearence for $4 and sold off both figs for a total of $10, rare to make a proffit on a clearence item.  Long story short I should have waited though).   

Updates Mon-Fri every week, also reviews and much much more.

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2011, 05:24:34 PM »
No osik, there I was... on a recce deep in WalMartanian territory looking for fresh spore.  Our AO hasn't seen activity in three weeks, but it's the one time you slack up that something waltzes through your back door and puts your shebs on a platter.  So I was out there, doing my thing, re-clearing the same old Habsrovian traces we'd been watching.  Satisfied there was nothing new, I settled in to study the armored car in the Cap line.  Pretty neat, looks like an old WWII M8/M20 Greyhound armored car and I was tempted.  Sorely tempted.  Then I let my gaze drift a bit further to where the smaller 4x4 strikers were stored.

And there was something new.  Something glorious.

Sitting there in plain sight were two of the new, never-before-seen Liberty Jets.

It was too good to pass up, so I scooped one for use back on-station.  Now, this is no serious review, but I just wanna pass the word that these babies are HOT!  Air-intakes big enough to swallow a DUM.  Twin ducted fans - pivoting in unison - that could chew up an errant protocol tinny.  A LARGE cockpit that could arguably seat a Gamorrean.  A flip-down primary landing gear.  A ventral weapon station with twin firing barrels.  Yeah, it had a pilot, all fancied up in some di'kutla red, white, and blue outfit, but I slotted him in short order.

The surface detailing is nice and clean.  Without the gun-turret, this baby could pass for an unarmed civvie model.  Did I mention it looks muscly?  No?  This baby screams SPEED! just sitting still.

Cockpit detail is sparse - meaning no control yoke.  In fact, there's NO panel details at all.  I suppose a decal from a HISS tank would provide a fair enough mockup, if you want.  Of course, HB94 could just P/S in the most glorious controls ever imagined and call it good - and DG is without a doubt gonna light this baby up like downtown Triple-Zero during Fete Week.  Spook, DW, and Tamer are likely to see some Hothie goodness in this one, painted up in a pale gray with an AT-AT Driver at the controls - and they'd make it look GOOD.

But I gotta say ... may the Powers That Be have mercy on the di'kute who put a shabla SKINNY in that cockpit!!

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2011, 04:43:14 AM »
LOL!  Very entertaining find there, Doc!

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2011, 10:19:20 AM »
Apparently, I cannot read my mother tongue.  The vehicle is the Justice Jet, not Liberty Jet as previously reported.  Said vehicle was spotted at two more area WalMarts today - 2 per store.

And they STILL look awesome.  ;D

Offline Commander_Kurgan

• Brigadier
    • Kurgan's Star Wars Customs
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2011, 07:16:57 AM »
Picked up a Captain America in the white parka the other day (need his parka and arms for a custom Hoth Rebel...) and a Crossbones figure which I left untouched.
The plastic on Captain America seems very soft and cheap.
Is it me or are the Marvel figures made that way?
Kurgan's Showcase: http://kurganscustoms.blogspot.com

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2011, 04:18:15 PM »
They're definitely a bit of a cheaper feel.  In fact, I just bought the Concept Series 2-Pack with Arctic Camo Cap and Concept Red Skull.  Definitely should have saved my money.  Neither figure can stand on their own, and neither fit the Marvel Universe figs base stands.  Absolutely terrible.

Offline The Spectre

• Global Moderator
  • High Admiral
  • Customizing Spirit Of Wrath
    • The Spectreverse
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2012, 04:22:43 PM »
Got a "Captain America" Fortress Assault Mission DLX Cap at Walmart for $5. I just wanted the armor and launcher so the figure is going in my Swap SHop if anyone wants him.
Founding Member Of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals)

Founding Member Of The CSOTC (Customize Something Other Than Clones) Society

Visit me on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000474627568

https://www.facebook.com/Spectreverse/