Author Topic: JediMerc's Customs: Harn Vandeth - EpVII Custom Contest Entry (upd 3/24/13)  (Read 38077 times)

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
Re: JediMerc's Customs: EpVII Character Concept WIP (upd 2/23/13)
« Reply #330 on: February 23, 2013, 08:18:20 AM »
With the new custom contest on EpVII character takes going on here and @ Yakface.com, I figured I'd throw my hat in the ring.  It's been awhile since I posted a new custom; ah, such is life.  

Here's a character I've been thinking of as some kind of trusted adviser for an older Master Luke Skywalker (and one member of a rather small Jedi Order).  He'd be one of only a handful of Jedi that actually have been trained, as Luke was somewhat fearful for a time of potentially training another Force-user that might fall to the dark side.  In my mind, this guy (name: TBD) would likely be stationed on a dry backwater, Outer Rim world (Tatooine, Saluecami, etc.), decided to use a modified vibro-blade staff that can rebel lightsaber strikes, and be dressed in a dignified, but utilitarian way suited for life on those types of planets.  

I recently bought a pack of Aves Fixit sculpt and I've used this character as a way to practice simple sculpting (belts, harnesses, etc.) so I can improve my skills over time.  (*Sorry for the blurry photo of the backside: my Canon CyberShot doesn't always focus as well as I'd like for up-close images like custom figures...and I'm not ready to invest in a better camera at this point either.)

I posted this guy over on the current custom content site as well, but also here for those who don't frequent that forum:

« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 02:11:03 PM by JediMerc »

Light side, dark side...meh.  Just give me a lightsaber and a blaster and I'll take care of it!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: JediMerc's Customs: EpVII Character Concept WIP (upd 2/22/13)
« Reply #331 on: February 24, 2013, 06:04:26 AM »
I really like this one. The update is on the front page.

Offline Rogue Jedi

• Ensign
« Reply #332 on: February 24, 2013, 07:33:33 AM »
I am digging this concept. I love the parts. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
« Reply #333 on: February 25, 2013, 04:35:16 PM »
I am digging this concept. I love the parts. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Thanks Rogue; I appreciate the comments!  I've enjoyed your recent updates as well; keep 'em coming!

I really like this one. The update is on the front page.

Thanks for the fp, Tamer, as well as for fostering such a great community here!  I'm looking forward to having some time after my kids' bedtime to get some more work on this one.  More to come...

Light side, dark side...meh.  Just give me a lightsaber and a blaster and I'll take care of it!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #334 on: February 26, 2013, 03:58:54 AM »
I had mentioned in the contest thread that I liked this one but looking at it again, I am getting excited to see him pained up.

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
« Reply #335 on: February 27, 2013, 05:45:23 PM »
I had mentioned in the contest thread that I liked this one but looking at it again, I am getting excited to see him pained up.

Hey, thanks!  I've got to plan some time in the coming weekend to even be able to get back to him.  I just don't want to wait too long; I've got so many projects on the bench that still aren't finished!

Here's hoping for an update soon...

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
« Reply #336 on: February 27, 2013, 06:50:11 PM »
While I'm in the process of planning a color scheme for the EpVII character concept, I'm also continuing parts selections and basic sculpting for a Starkiller (Arena Battle Gear) that has been #1 on my list of customs I'd like to get to.  

I still have the belt buckle and side nodules to sculpt and attach, as well as the back flap for the chest harness (which I'll be sculpting sometime soon).  I'm still debating whether to go with the front harness straps---currently from a GIJoe fig---I've included here or to sculpt my own later...

Anyway, here's my TFUII Starkiller WIP:

« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 08:18:05 PM by JediMerc »

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
Re: JediMerc's Customs: TFUII Starkiller (Arena Battle Gear) WIP (upd 2/27/13)
« Reply #337 on: February 27, 2013, 08:51:22 PM »
Too Cool.  Can't wait to see the end result.

Offline Mando Assasin

• Mando Assasin for hire
  • Admiral
  • Some people just wanna watch the world burn
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/83627924@N02/
« Reply #338 on: February 28, 2013, 05:42:03 AM »
Starkiller is looking phenomenal! Keep it up!!
My ebay  http://www.ebay.com/usr/zacha-mann?_trksid=p2047675.l2559   My collection and some new customs are there. Check it out

[url=http://www.flickr.com/phot

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #339 on: February 28, 2013, 05:44:23 AM »
That sculpt work on those legs and pants are far as the scarf work is just spot on. Looks like soft goods!

Offline Mandalore_1992

• Colonel
  • Mandalore's Customization
« Reply #340 on: February 28, 2013, 10:38:52 AM »
woooow A W E S O M E great work looks great

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
« Reply #341 on: February 28, 2013, 04:06:44 PM »
Here's a couple more shots of some of the detail work on the pauldron, pauldron "padding" that was sculpted to fit the figure's shoulder proportions, figure back (and strap sculpts).  That's a Vader helmet, carved up and sanded down and I decided to add ball-hinged legs (from the SOTDS Han Solo - Search for Luke Skywalker bp).

I will be slimming down the soft goods kama (both front and back, since it's a bit too long for my liking), though I haven't decided yet on painting it or soaking it in watered down acrylics. 

« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 04:11:31 PM by JediMerc »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Awesome. I bet Sam Witwer himself would love to have this one when its done.

Offline dr0d26

• Lieutenant
Excellent looking figure. I really like how you sculpted the lower leg wrappings. Very nice detail.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Sweet update! I agree that those leg wrappings take the cake.