Author Topic: RustysCustoms: EXAR KUN CONCEPT & JEDI SWAMP MONSTER IVA  (Read 59867 times)

Offline Mungo Baobab

• Customs Merchant
  • Marshal
Nice custom hilt. Mind telling us a little about it?

Offline Rustyscustoms

• RustysCustoms
  • Commander
  • and im like forget you
    • RustysCustoms
 custom hilt is actually the end of a Tion Medon gun cut off =D
then just a little paint job and presto pretty cool custom hilt. its no dragon tooth though, what did you use for that? id love to have one of my own. i love it

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
Darth Karrith is cool!  I love the mash-up job with all the mechanical parts; makes him look messed up (as a Sith Lord rightfully should).  Nice touch with the scar over his eye!

Light side, dark side...meh.  Just give me a lightsaber and a blaster and I'll take care of it!

Offline Rustyscustoms

• RustysCustoms
  • Commander
  • and im like forget you
    • RustysCustoms
Thanks merc, there actually tattooes, if you read the backstory it explains it. :)

Offline SITHHAPPENS

• I LOVE IT WHEN A CUSTOM COMES TOGETHER!
  • Major
    • sanitariumcustoms.blogspot.com
Love it that is superb! 

Offline Mungo Baobab

• Customs Merchant
  • Marshal
Dude, that is a cool saber. Don't sell yourself short. I like it when they are unique.  One of my few personal gripes about the Prequals is the lack of unique Jedi in the spotlight and the lack of blade color variety. IMHO I think Lucas was too conservative. Anyway...off my soapbox.

To be totally honest the tooth saber hilt is made from a piece of junk I found in a 10 cent box at a local collector shop. They have these 4 or 5 bins of nothing but little pieces of toy parts and toy junk. I go by once a week and drop a dollar or so just picking up little things here any there. Sometimes I use them right away, sometime they sit in my junk drawer for a little while until I see a use. The little silver piece on the top was part of a Yoda saber hilt. The blade part of the same Yoda lightsaber. Next I made a hole in the end and added a bit of leather string.

There you have it. Not to hard. I enjoy making lightsaber hilts. The different, the better. One time I made a saber hilt from a piece of a twig. I shaved the bark off and did a brown paint wash. I made a little hole and added a blade. I like doing little things like that.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 06:54:01 AM by Mungo Baobab »

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Again very nice work Rusty!

Offline artilarytrooper321

• Commander
  • take that techno-union ship down men
nice

Offline Rustyscustoms

• RustysCustoms
  • Commander
  • and im like forget you
    • RustysCustoms
Thanks mungo.
And thanks luke and artilary

Offline Rustyscustoms

• RustysCustoms
  • Commander
  • and im like forget you
    • RustysCustoms
1000 views wooo lol

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
Rusty, I commented earlier on Darth Karrith but I had to say again how much I like this guy and his back story.  I caught the tattoo explanation; must have missed it as I read it quickly.  I have to agree with Mungo about the sabers you created: it's always nice to see something new and different and your use of different weapons to craft his saber and the lightwhip are nothing short of impressive!

Light side, dark side...meh.  Just give me a lightsaber and a blaster and I'll take care of it!

Offline Rustyscustoms

• RustysCustoms
  • Commander
  • and im like forget you
    • RustysCustoms
Thanks heaps merc, makes it all worth it, but if you all liked that guy then just wait till you see what I post soon today, I think you will like him... The forgotten one.

I think ill call him Merc just for you lol

Offline Rustyscustoms

• RustysCustoms
  • Commander
  • and im like forget you
    • RustysCustoms
Army Of Light Jedi Master Natoola Hope (fanmade)
"An Army of Light to face the Brotherhood of Darkness."

?Kaan

During the New Sith Wars, the Army of Light was the name given to the military force that Lord Hoth led against the Sith Lord Kaan and his Brotherhood of Darkness. The army consisted of both Jedi and regular troops serving the Republic.

The Army of Light was an ad-hoc military forced hastily assembled and provisioned to combat the sudden change of fortunes of the Brotherhood at a time the Republic had thought the Sith defeated. As the war ground on, Hoth's forces grew even thinner, and he was forced to recruit Force-sensitive children to bolster his forces. He was reluctant to do so but his aide, Pernicar, advised him that if he didn't send the children against Kaan, Kaan would send them against the Jedi.

The Army of Light was greatly weakened by its clashes with the Sith Brotherhood on Ruusan, and by the time of the seventh Battle of Ruusan, they were merely the bedraggled remnants of the army they once were (the youth Tomcat labeled them the "Army of Mud").
One unit of the Army of Light was the Third Legion of Light, commanded by Jedi General New'arforrth. The army was severely weakened by a thought bomb used by Kaan during the seventh battle of Ruusan.

Natoola Hope was one of the jedi killed by the thought bomb in the seventh battle of Ruusan. But in his time he had lead many succesful campaings against the sith and even before his death he personally killed 3 sith warriors in a saber battle before the thought bomb went off. An avid warrior and cunning leader he was well respected by his men and jedi peers, he was a friend to many, adopting a kind approach to his men, often making them feel good by his kind words invoking courage to his men. He lead from the front lines, and was to said to be the first to enter the battle, and last to leave it. One recount even says that he was forced to call a retreat in a battle but did not leave until almost the very last man has made his retreat, proving his bravness and the amount of which he held the life of his men.

Offline Art deWhill

• Marshal
  • I am making this up as I go.
    • Art deWhill's Canvas
Re: RustysCustoms UPDATES: DARTH KARRITH & OLD REPUBLIC JEDI MASTER NATOOLA HOPE
« Reply #178 on: February 13, 2011, 05:28:07 AM »
woooooooooooooooow... absolutly mind blowing, I like this guy a hell alot, stunning outfit and  accessory (except the collar around his head, its a cool idea but just not my taste, so thats no critique at all)!  fantastic job, my friend.

Offline Rustyscustoms

• RustysCustoms
  • Commander
  • and im like forget you
    • RustysCustoms
Re: RustysCustoms UPDATES: DARTH KARRITH & OLD REPUBLIC JEDI MASTER NATOOLA HOPE
« Reply #179 on: February 13, 2011, 05:30:28 AM »
Thanks man, and yeh i know it could be a bit much, but i wanted him to have that kind of Old Republic general look that a few of them have and i just was having trouble catpturing it and this was what i got.