Author Topic: A colab0rative diorama idea. Teamwork required.  (Read 4106 times)

Offline Mungo Baobab

• Customs Merchant
  • Marshal
A colab0rative diorama idea. Teamwork required.
« on: January 18, 2011, 06:02:59 PM »
I have an idea, but this idea would take a great deal of work and cooperation on those involved.  I think it would be cool to make a group diorama depicting a battle from the Clone Wars.  My thought is that one person would make the custom Jedi (hopefully that would be me  ::)), another person would step up and make the clone squad, a third person would tackle the droid squad, someone else would make a Seperatist general and/or Sith Acolyte combination and then someone would make up the diorama landscape.  Then all the pieces would be shipped to one location for staging and shooting. The only other thing I can think is that one more person could take the photos and add in special effects.  Does this seem like to big of a project? Would this be too hard?

Let me know what you think.

Offline SITHHAPPENS

• I LOVE IT WHEN A CUSTOM COMES TOGETHER!
  • Major
    • sanitariumcustoms.blogspot.com
Re: A colab0rative diorama idea. Teamwork required.
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 06:22:27 PM »
that sound like a sweet project i think it could be done & maybe throw a ship or 2 in there for good measure would make a great x-mas card

Offline hannsfartknocker

• Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
  • Commodore
    • hannsfartknocker's youtube
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 06:27:49 PM »
I would do it if some others did it
"But… it was so artistically done."
-Thrawn's last words

Offline Mungo Baobab

• Customs Merchant
  • Marshal
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 06:28:30 PM »
Yes. I was hoping this would give us all a project to work toward.  Now all we need is people to start throwing out ideas for terrain, surroundings, etc... and volunteer to make the customs. As I said above, I would like to be the one who customizes the Jedi, if that is ok with folks, however, I can be flexible. It may be that I am simply the coordinator and only have one purpose: communication. Anyway, this is a big project and will take A LOT of cooperation.

Offline Mungo Baobab

• Customs Merchant
  • Marshal
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 06:30:02 PM »
Hanns, that is awesome. Thanks for your willingness to be involved.

Offline hannsfartknocker

• Commodore
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2011, 06:33:32 PM »
I could do a grassy forest dio if thats okay
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 06:36:29 PM by hannsfartknocker »
-Thrawn's last words

Offline Mungo Baobab

• Customs Merchant
  • Marshal
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2011, 07:38:13 PM »
That sounds good. I could do a Jedi master and an apprentice. I might even have one of them be injured or dead.

I would also like to add that if someone would rather make a Seperatist or Confederacy militia instead of droids, that would be an option.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 07:40:48 PM by Mungo Baobab »

Offline jediwolf69

• The Lost 513th
  • Captain
  • the force well be with you always!
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2011, 06:20:55 AM »
Sounds good to me, Only thing is With the new clone wars line coming out soon, I'd have to wait. As of right now I'm running out of clones and jedi to custom. But it's still a great idea, I'd love to help out. When the new line hits stores I want to get the new Ashoka and Barriss i think they would make great customs. A forest landscape or a city would be cool, like a city street fight.

JW
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 06:35:21 AM by jediwolf69 »

try not, do or do not, there is no try.

Offline beige-4

• When the unknown speak , people listen .
  • Banned
  • Admiral
  • your famous ! bask in it !
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2011, 09:38:36 AM »
will this be a legacy or tcw style ? i might participate

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2011, 01:51:06 PM »
This sounds like an interesting idea. How big would the diorama be to support all of these figures?

Offline Mungo Baobab

• Customs Merchant
  • Marshal
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2011, 03:16:06 PM »
As far as the style it could be a vintage or cw style. It could even be a mixture of both, especially with the new line of figures coming out and how long this would take.

Size matters not. I would not be the one building the diorama, so that would be up to that particular person.

Again this would be totally voluntary. Individuals could submit one clone or 4. I could do a Jedi and so could another person. It would be cool if people were willing to submit vehicles.  To be honest, if we are doing clones, it would be great if there was a rule (i.e. you can make any type of clone you want, but it has to be white with _____ coloration, yet be as creative as you like).

Another ground rule might be that all clones would use CW heads or use vintage heads.

I am flexible.

I did have one more idea, but wasn't sure how people would feel about such an idea. I had the idea that we could build and showcase the dio and then put it up for auction (Imperial Shipyards, eBay, etc...) and then all decide on a specific charity or cause and take the proceeds and make a donation.

We could make a sign with everyone's signature for the person who bought the dio and then send a Imperial Shipyards card to the charity with all the names of the contributors (if that would be cool with those in charge of the Yard).

Anyway, what do you all think?  Is this TOO BIG? Would this project be worth it?

I am just brainstorming.

Offline hannsfartknocker

• Commodore
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2011, 05:44:30 PM »
I had the idea that we could build and showcase the dio and then put it up for auction (Imperial Shipyards, eBay, etc...) and then all decide on a specific charity or cause and take the proceeds and make a donation.

We could make a sign with everyone's signature for the person who bought the dio and then send a Imperial Shipyards card to the charity with all the names of the contributors (if that would be cool with those in charge of the Yard).

I think that is a great idea
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 05:57:01 PM by hannsfartknocker »
-Thrawn's last words

Offline Art deWhill

• Marshal
  • I am making this up as I go.
    • Art deWhill's Canvas
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2011, 11:25:07 PM »
I had the idea that we could build and showcase the dio and then put it up for auction (Imperial Shipyards, eBay, etc...) and then all decide on a specific charity or cause and take the proceeds and make a donation.

ditto

Offline beige-4

• When the unknown speak , people listen .
  • Banned
  • Admiral
  • your famous ! bask in it !
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2011, 09:18:04 AM »

ditto
ditto

Offline Mungo Baobab

• Customs Merchant
  • Marshal
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2011, 06:03:30 PM »
Now we just need to have people volunteer and commit to being a part of it all.