Author Topic: Vintage Collection Jango Fett Youtube and regular review  (Read 10200 times)

Offline pedro1138

• Ensign
  • Time to pay up, Hutt. I don't work for free.
Vintage Collection Jango Fett Youtube and regular review
« on: January 18, 2011, 02:32:58 AM »
Jango Fett has captured the imagination of Star Wars fans since his first appearance in trailers for Episode 2. Once we found out that he was linked both to the mysterious Mandalorians and the fan favourite Boba Fett that fascination only grew.  Although his film appearance was relatively brief Jango quickly became a major part of the Star Wars cannon.

History
Jango Fett has had many plastic incarnations over the years. He was first released as part of the four figure sneak preview wave for Episode two. Each Jango figure has come a little closer to a definitive version. Unfortunately most of them lacked in articulation until the Legacy collection saw the release of a super articulated Jango Fett. This figure failed to please due to a fairly glaring problem with the colour scheme. The picture of masculine bounty hunting found himself decked out in a mauve livery instead of his screen accurate gray-blue.

Offline pedro1138

• Ensign
Re: Vintage Collection Jango Fett Review
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 02:34:04 AM »
Sculpt
The sculpt of this figure is simply excellent, he is mostly based upon the previous legacy collection evolutions Jango Fett. He has an all new sculpt for his lower arms, this time his wrist gauntlets sport the blades we saw him using to arrest his fall in the Kamino escape scene. The moulded tubes which connect to his upper arms have also been improved, this time around they don’t seem to limit the  elbow articulation as much as with previous versions. I’m not entirely sure if the head sculpt is new or if the paint apps are just clearer on this version. Either way the face is a very close resemblance to Temuera Morrison and has most of Fett’s facial scars.

Offline pedro1138

• Ensign
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 02:35:06 AM »
Articulation
It would be hard to improve upon the articulation of previous releases. As before he has a ball jointed head, ball hinged shoulders, elbows, knees and ankles. He has swivel wrists and a ball jointed torso. As I mentioned before the new sculpt of the forearms and connected tubes has greatly improved the range of motion in the elbows. This is a great improvement as far as I’m concerned, not so much for using his pistols but if you wanted to give him a two handed weapon he can now hold it more comfortably.

Paint
In the past there has been a lot of worry about the colour scheme used for Jango Fett. The last few releases have been distinctively purple. I passed up buying the Genosis Target exclusive of Jango for just this reason. Fortunately this version has come a lot closer to the screen accurate gray-blue.  The other paint apps are crisp and clean. I feel like I’m glossing over this section of the review but other than the change to the colour scheme there isn’t a lot new to talk about.

Offline pedro1138

• Ensign
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 02:36:05 AM »
Accessories
The accessories are really cool! The 30th anniversary collection Jango Fett (Bounty Hunter) came with a really awesome poncho, that has once again been included with this version. This time around the poncho is made from a far more sturdy material and the stitching is more robust. Something I’m glad about as my TAC Fett’s poncho broke. He also sports his usual blaster pistols, these are a nice if obvious inclusion. Fett’s removable helmet makes a reappearance and this time around it fits much better. We also get Jango’s pilot headset, the same one as previous releases. Something new and unexpected is a totally new jetpack. This new sculpt features a removable rocket. The rocket can be attached to the pack using the flame effect, while not an actual firing jetpack it is a really neat feature. It’s a great selection of accessories and all of them nicely compliment the figure.

Offline pedro1138

• Ensign
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 02:37:23 AM »
Packaging
The packaging is the standard Vintage collection deco. The back of the pack has a picture of the Episode 2 preview figure as the first release. What is really interesting about the cardback is the reference picture on the front. Instead of using a screen capture from episode two or even from some of the comic books Hasbro has made a completely new computer generated image. It’s a nice picture and shows off the character nicely. Also it has the added advantage of matching the included figure as far as colour goes. I must admit that as a collector I’m fairly indifferent to packaging, for me it’s all about the figure. That said I do like the new Vintage collection cardbacks.

Verdict
I was very sceptical about this figure. I am a huge Jango Fett fan and as such I’m always pleased to see him in the line up. That said the last thing I wanted was another purple Fett. Now that this has been corrected the true brilliance of the sculpt comes to the fore. I personally recommend this figure and would give it a five out of five. The sculpt and paint are great, the accessories are versatile and fun. While the blades are a bit of nuisance for most poses, they do open the door to some cool CQB poses. Even so if you really don’t like them a quick slice with a blade will remove them leaving you with what I think is the ultimate Jango Fett. This figure is a great Jango and could be a good base to create custom Mandalorians. If you don’t have it, buy it.

Offline beige-4

• When the unknown speak , people listen .
  • Banned
  • Admiral
  • your famous ! bask in it !
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2011, 10:21:02 AM »
GREAT REVIEW !! !

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2011, 11:05:52 AM »
Very nice and complete review. Man, I love those new gauntlets.

Offline pedro1138

• Ensign
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2011, 06:57:04 PM »
Thanks guys!

I like the new gauntlets as well, they do make it very hard to get the poncho off. It's really odd, looking at the pictures he seems to be purple again. He looks diferent in diferent light.

Offline zedhatch

• Commodore
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2011, 07:13:06 PM »
Quite possibly could be my monitor, but he still looks purple on the body.  I will trust your words and believe he is blue. 

Updates Mon-Fri every week, also reviews and much much more.

Offline pedro1138

• Ensign
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2011, 11:43:28 PM »
It's the strangest thing. In the photos he does still look purple. Sometimes he looks blue sometimes purple, it seems to depend on the light.
Or as Luke said, "I don't know. Maybe I'm just going crazy."

Offline CloneCommander Buy

• Lieutenant
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2011, 09:09:43 AM »
Great review,  purple or blue I will own him.  :)

Offline CaptainLux

• "Get the order and execute it. Let the generals sort out the rest." -CC-5052
  • Fleet Admiral
  • Captain Lux 327th Star Corps
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2011, 09:46:37 AM »
Amazing review man!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2011, 08:10:46 AM »
Great review, I am making a button for the front page for this now. Thank you for adding it. I love those gauntlets.

Offline artilarytrooper321

• Commander
  • take that techno-union ship down men
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2011, 11:42:53 AM »
nice review

Offline SITHHAPPENS

• I LOVE IT WHEN A CUSTOM COMES TOGETHER!
  • Major
    • sanitariumcustoms.blogspot.com
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2011, 11:19:42 PM »
 bbfet great review im getting 2 ;D