Author Topic: Zed's Favorite 1:18th Figures 2010 top 10 are posted  (Read 3094 times)

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
Re: Zed's Favorite 1:18th Figures 2010 #20-11 Are up
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2011, 06:55:38 PM »
I do so love these reviews of yours, and I always look forward to your Top 50 series.  This latest round didn't have too many that thrilled me directly, but now there are some I may take a closer look at.

Offline zedhatch

• Commodore
Re: Zed's Favorite 1:18th Figures 2010 #20-11 Are up
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2011, 01:37:31 AM »
Inadvertant on my part Phatty, but thanks for the kind words.

http://www.zedsjoesite.com/fav2010/20106.html

The final ten of the year are here, Let the gripes begin LOL. 

Some notes, I noticed a couple of broken links on the wallpaper pages (when you click on the pic for the wallpapers) I think I have fixed them now, but if there is one you are wanting for a wall paper and cannot download let me know (either through this site via pm or in this thread) and I will fix it as soon as possible, but I don't think there are any more broken links.

Also I want to thank everyone for the kind words, the bloggers for promoting this event, the websites who have put a bit of mention about it,  and everyone who has taken the time to read my ramblings.  This year I got started very late and had to cram what amounts to one months worth of work (pictures, write-ups ect) into a week, while snow days made that easier, it is still good to know people appreciate all of this, it is a tremendious amount of work that I enjoy and often learn new things from.  Hey no matter how long you have used it, you can never stop improving with photoshop.  But still it is great to know so much enjoyment that people get from this project. 

Thank you and enjoy.

Updates Mon-Fri every week, also reviews and much much more.

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
Re: Zed's Favorite 1:18th Figures 2010 top 10 are posted
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2011, 07:16:17 AM »
Zed, another outstanding installment!  I'm right with you all the way on #5 (Bespin Luke)!  In fact, that one figure was so important when I first got it that I wrote it on my ESB calendar - and I still have the calendar.  In fact, that fig is one of two (true) vintage figs currently on my workbench.  Very important figure and I'm very glad Hasbro gave us a really good updated version.

I came SO CLOSE to getting WWHulk and the vibranium Iron Man, just on "so cool in the package" basis (and may seriously yet go track them down).  I figure I'll own several Mk VI Iron Mans in the future for a special project I'm working on.  I'll be getting at least one more Hypervelocity IM, also.  I only WISH  I'd ever seen a K'kruhk!  I'd've bought them all!!  I need that Snake Eyes (or several) for that turtleneck sweater torso!!

Awesome list and it truly shows you put effort into preparing it.  My own exposure to figs is very limited, so having your reviews and year-end list is very much a boon to exposing me to both limited-coverage figs and other lines I might not otherwise encounter.  Thank you very much for your time and effort!

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2011, 08:48:04 AM »
Your style has always made me grin when I read it, because you throw such a human and humorous element into it.  Seeing some of these in your style really renews my vigor for finding some of them, and even considering paying a bit more than I'd normally do, because your review confirmed my beliefs.  I love that K'Kruhk, and have always liked that character because of his uniqueness.  Another round of your Top 50 well done, my friend.

Offline zedhatch

• Commodore
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2011, 12:35:08 PM »
Doc,  Thanks for the kind words, Luke was special for me too cause at the time he was anounced my financhial situation had finally improved and I was searching for the VTOC one, literally I was about to bid when I read the announcement.  Serindipidious indeed. 

WW Hulk (IMO) is the best hulk Hasbro has done.  If only for the fact he has articulation, I heard a rumor of a Skar figure as well (probably recycle the mold and will be an easy pass for me).  I relized Mark VI is everywhere and is practially pegwarming, but I still like it if just for color alone. 

Thanks again, often I have a hard time tracking down stuff as well.  As I have said I love putting these together each year, I tend to learn a great deal in photoshop )for example I learned a new technique to make lens flairs like on IM Mark VI more accurate and how to make the light stretch out into a flat "beam" are two prime examples of what I picked up on this year doing this, for another example of what I mean, look at rinzler's pic).

Phatty, thanks, not naming names but one thing that irritates me about the big review sites is the fact that they seem very detacted from the reviews, I collect cause I love it and I just don't understand those who don't (that love can manifest in many ways, thus I want to make it clear none of us have to be collectors who collect all the same stuff the same way).   So saying there is a human element there makes me feel great that part of what I have to say comes accross.  Anyway thanks for the kind words.

Updates Mon-Fri every week, also reviews and much much more.