Author Topic: Buying and Selling on Ebay  (Read 15275 times)

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
Re: Buying and Selling on Ebay
« Reply #75 on: March 28, 2011, 08:58:48 PM »
It seems like there is - or was - an auction site dedicated to action figures.  Seems like I saw it advertised on ... Echo Base forums?  Dunno if the auction-site is still around, tho.  If anyone knows of the site I'm vaguely recalling, please chime in with the details.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #76 on: March 29, 2011, 02:56:28 AM »
It is all about the traffic. That is how ebay gets us. What do you do when you want to find how much something costs? First I google it and then I hit ebay. I think Spooky is right, its kind of like walmart doing their revamping. First they sucked us in and got us used to using them, now we are kind of prisoners there because we don't know of anything else.

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #77 on: March 29, 2011, 05:49:59 AM »
And - just like WalMart - their abuses of their customers are leading us to investigate alternatives...

Spookymufu

« Reply #78 on: March 29, 2011, 06:25:01 AM »
well, like I said, right now there just isnt anything better then Ebay right now, there are other auction sites (I use one or two of them) but they just dont have the traffic and "clout" that ebay has....and until there is another power player in the online auction game, we'll be using ebay........for someone with a little "walking around money", they could take this opportunity to become the new "ebay"....

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Buying and Selling on Ebay New Tax law 2022 ReSellers should know about
« Reply #79 on: January 01, 2022, 02:41:56 PM »
So I didn’t find this out till recently but as a public service announcement, I wanted to warn the resellers out there who don’t claim their online sales profits on their taxes.
    New tax laws as of Jan 2022 drop the threshold of online sales income from $20,000 to only $600 annually before the payment service has to issue a 1099. The old threshold had become if you exceeded $20k in income and 200 transactions  you would get a 1099 back in the Obama administration as a secret piece of legislation that was buried in the Obamacare plan, around 10 years ago.

Once again, this is a warning to resellers, claim your sales or more than likely for those who are scared of dealing with the IRS, “one way or another”, quit selling altogether online.
 This ploy is geared to push everyone to sell legitimately online, of course.
What this will spell for our collecting obsession is, less sellers and higher prices, on either end.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2022, 03:03:37 PM by Clonehead »

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #80 on: January 07, 2022, 04:27:28 AM »
Thanks for letting us know, Clint! I left ebay already because the fees became too crazy. TungHori did the same, but I only sold about 20 items on ebay since 2013.

One has to be careful. Our governments have record expenses due to the Pandemic. And the German government gets creative, too. Every time I receive items from China, the German customs take $7 just for handling it - even if the import fee is $1 or so. I already told the lady at the post office "Well, somebody gotta pay for all the COVID-debt, right?" And she said you're exactly right.

Crazy times these days and China remains silent. Thanks, Wuhan!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #81 on: January 07, 2022, 07:11:24 AM »
Its a buyers world. I am planning to go to a few local cons and clear out some of my warehouse. I just don't trust selling online through platforms anymore.

I may just make a website to sell some stuff from time to time just like Tunghori.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #82 on: January 07, 2022, 07:23:28 AM »
It's very strict here in Germany, too: One is allowed to sell 2 items per MONTH! The value doesn't even matter. If one sells more than that, it's already a business which has to be claimed for 50€ each year. And a lot of paperwork with price paid and profit made. Then the government claims 19% sales tax for items you already paid 19% tax on.

If one doesn't claim a business, the financial agency charges 5.000€ for not claiming it. They sure know how to screw people and piss off everyone. People leave Germany while others come to change Europe...at the end Germany keeps screwing itself. Happy weekend everyone!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #83 on: January 07, 2022, 03:45:43 PM »
similar fees and penalties in the US as well. it would end up at least 22% all double taxed and feed up. Big changes coming soon, either way.

I hear rumor of a possible regime and financial system change across the board that would throw a different sort of monkey wrench into the mix. How about germany Darth More? any mention of Gesara "global economic security and reformation act"   in your neck of the woods? Any large banking system changes or anything like that? They are shutting your nuke plants down. That would be a part of its agenda.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2022, 06:04:36 PM by Clonehead »

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #84 on: November 24, 2023, 04:41:27 AM »
I just purchased a Hasbro Star Wars The Clone Wars Octuptarra Tri-Droid for $38.36 to include shipping and tax.

The only thing missing were the red missiles, which I don't care about anyway. This thing is a well sculpted MASSIVE giant of a war machine.

It normally runs around $80-174 in this level of completion. This was a fantastic grab!

Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #85 on: November 25, 2023, 05:05:44 PM »
What a score, RC! Look what I found by coincidence today. Your evaluation is right. The value for this big one has risen significantly over the years...
Big congrats on your amazing score, man!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #86 on: November 26, 2023, 07:30:21 AM »
Nice to see people getting some deals. I so need to get back to looking and maybe selling a bit of my collection off.