Author Topic: Planet Comicon Kansas City 2011  (Read 5556 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Planet Comicon Kansas City 2011
« on: January 01, 2011, 12:07:13 PM »
Details about the guests are starting to trickle in on this event which is to be held at the Overland Park KS International Trade center from March 26th-27th.

So far, Jeremy Bulloch has joined the growing guest list as well as Michael McMillion, and Lindsay Wagner.

Comic book artists and creator guests include:
Jason Aaron
Steve Daniels
Jerry Duggen
Nathan Fox
Rudy Garcia
Ron Garney
Jeremy Haun
Phil Hester
Dennis Hopeless
Damont Jordan
Kevin Mellon
Arie Monroe
B Clay Moore
Tony Moore
Jai Nitz
Ande Parks
Seth Peck
Rick Stasi
Kyle Strahm
Ben Templesmith
Freddie Williams II
Brian Wood
Darryl Wood

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
Re: Planet Comicon Kansas City 2011
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2011, 03:09:03 PM »
Sounds like a decent time there.  I get back from Disney on the 25th, so perhaps that's not totally out of the question, depending on how much I burn in Florida, that is.

Offline Squirepec7

• Clone Creator Extreme
  • Banned
  • Commodore
  • "All right clankers, SUCK LASER!"Clone Trooper Jek
    • JediMaster432
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 02:43:04 PM »
Sounds great. Might be able to go. Depends on what the driver thinks! Ha, well it's a definate maybe for me.
"Army or not, you must realize you are DOOMED!"

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 07:45:24 AM »
Well, the girlfriend and I braved the snow, sleet, and cold temps yesterday to attend this event. The crowd was so much larger than last year and at times it was hard even walking around. In some of the tighter vendor booths, you would kind of have to muscle yourself into position and then hold it.

There were some deals to be had and several rarities to be found if you took the time to look. I found more than one vendor who wasn't opposed to haggling over price and got discounts in three different locations, one vendor even discounted my total price by $15 dropping it from $65 to $50

I did see Lindsay Wagner but didnt wait in line to meet her. I met Tom Kane "voice actor of Yoda in the Clone Wars tv series" again who is at the show every year living here locally. I met Daniel Logan "young Boba Fett in Attack of the Clones and in the animated series" and got his autograph. Jeremy Bulloch "Boba Fett from Empire Strikes Back and ROTJ" was obviously the star of the show and I ended up waiting over an hour in line to meet him and get his autograph. 

There were several costuming groups in attendance including the 70th explorers garrison of the 501st legion, the Mandalorian Mercs, and the Rebel Legion.  The R2-Central Builders Club was also there with three of their radio controlled astromechs to show off.

There were kids of all ages and many people in costume. It seems like I seen more mandos than anything but there were several troopers, many imperial officers, several jawas and tuskins, and quite a few Jedi. The large suited Iron Man and War Machine were pretty impressive and I couldn't imagine what a chore it was to walk around in those things all day.

All in all it was a great show with alot of cool things to see and buy. One vendor had some great repros of a couple of Maquarrie paintings and another had bins and bins of loose figures for pretty decent prices. I seen several Joe items both vintage and modern and while I didn't see very many of the vintage collection star wars figures, I did manage to pick up one esb stormie that I had been looking for MOC for $5.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2011, 08:02:27 AM »
here is a shot of Daniel Logan signing his Autograph on a figure for me and our meet and greet.

Here is a shot of me with Tom Kane who is a fairly tall man considering that I am 6ft 2"

And here is a shot of me with Jeremy Bullock.

And now some shots of the goodies that I aquired.

At this one booth, I found this one rare comic pack, these 12 inch Han and Boss Nass figures, and this LOTR 14" Treebeard figure which I needed for my lotr collection

In three other booths, I obtained this hoard of loose and carded figures all of which ranged in price from $2 each to $5 each. "including the carded figures"

My only complaint is that hardly any of the vendors or celeberities had the ability to do the credit/debit card thing so I found myself running out of cash way too soon. Also, I was not quite ready for the elevated charges for the autographs ranging from $20-$25 each

Here are shots of the two autographs that I got. I had Daniel Logan sign the card for this CW young Boba Fett figure and then had Jeremy Bulloch sign this tvc Rocket Firing Boba Fett card, both of which I will put in star cases and hang in my hobby room.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2011, 08:39:38 AM »
Looks like you had a pretty good time there!  Jeremy Bullock is a great guy to talk to, and Daniel is a pretty cool guy as well.  Those Mandalorian Mercs are a very colorful and creative bunch, that's for sure!  Nice haul on things, and nice review of the show!  Thanks for attending, Clint!

Spookymufu

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2011, 09:12:31 AM »
LOL, the two in this pic looks as tho they just beat up some Imperial officers and put on their ill-fitting uniforms....they are both practically swimming in those costumes

Offline SITHHAPPENS

• I LOVE IT WHEN A CUSTOM COMES TOGETHER!
  • Major
    • sanitariumcustoms.blogspot.com
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2011, 09:29:25 AM »
wow some great finds thanks for sharing the pics clint looks like you had a great time wish they had one by me oh well  :'(

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2011, 10:19:22 AM »
Oh man, I'm so jealous. You got little and big Boba autographs. SCORE!!!

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2011, 07:38:28 PM »
That looks like a great time Clint. You also brought home some great scores but man even the autographs are effected by the gas prices it seems. ;) How much was that treebeard? I saw him at TRU full price years ago and never again. My son Dylan and I really enjoy those films and collected some of the figures.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2011, 03:42:59 AM »
He was marked at $20 but that vendor ended up knocking $15 off of those 4 items that I got from him.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2011, 05:55:52 AM »
Sounds awesome Clint! I would love to see some pics of yourLOTR collection. Do you display it? Well other than the posters in your room? I was wondering about figures and such.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2011, 07:27:44 AM »
Sweet stuff Clint.

I am gonna have to get one of my rocket fetts signed. Thanks for letting me see some of the sights!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2011, 09:53:49 AM »
Sounds awesome Clint! I would love to see some pics of yourLOTR collection. Do you display it? Well other than the posters in your room? I was wondering about figures and such.
I have plans to display it again and want to dig that stuff out one day this week.
I have a pretty nice collection of em and aside from some of the repacks in different costumes, I don't think that I missed more than a character or two from the toy biz line of figures.