Author Topic: Assassins Creed: Brotherhood  (Read 1127 times)

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
Assassins Creed: Brotherhood
« on: December 26, 2010, 09:14:19 PM »
Ok, so I decided to give this game a shot today.  I played the original Assassin's Creed on Xbox 360 when it came out and while I enjoyed it, it became tedious and drawn out, so I ended up just not playing it anymore.  It just went round and round and became repetitive.  I skipped the second AC when it debuted, because I didn't want to get into the same thing.  However, in reading reviews and talking with friends who had played it, it fixed that problem quite a bit and was a much better game.

Now, Brotherhood looked like a lot of fun on the TV spots I had seen.  The ability to recruit and utilize other members of the Brotherhood to assist you in fulfilling your missions looks to be a great twist.  So, when I saw in the Target ad this morning that AC: Brotherhood was on sale for $39.99, and I had to return a Blu-Ray we had both gotten for Christmas for $29.99, it was a no brainer to go ahead and pick this one up.

Thus far, I have played about an hours worth of the game, and it's been pretty good.  The controls are like I remember from the original AC, decently easy to use.  SO far, and it's probably me more than the game, but the fighting controls seem to be a combination of button mashing and different weapons.  I think I still need to get the hang of some functions yet, but that's ok.  The story has been pretty rich, and the animations are awesome.  I have been playing on a standard def TV with component cables, which is decent, but I think I really need to play on my Hi-Def TV on Tuesday when I get home from work and really give it a whirl.  After all, PS3 games are built on Blu-Ray discs, so they're meant for HDTV anyway. 

So, has anyone else gotten this game yet, and what do you think?

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
Re: Assassins Creed: Brotherhood
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 08:33:11 AM »
Well, I'm not sure I'm the right one to be reviewing this game, as once again, I'm not going to finish it.  I honestly don't have the patience for it.  This game requires a steady hand, lots of patience, and a dedication to a slow, methodical game style.  I have none of that, unfortunately.  The game is brilliant graphically, the story line is compelling, and the strategy/puzzles are definitely engaging.  It's just not for me.  SO, even though I haven't finished it, I'm trading it in today for a different game.

Offline sithtrooper66

• sithtrooper66
  • Ensign
    • sithtrooper66 youtube
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 09:19:16 PM »
i recently rented the game and got pretty far in it but i try to just roam around when possible

i especialy enjoy posioning the borgia guards

Offline Clonemaster

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 05:19:03 PM »
i recently rented the game and got pretty far in it but i try to just roam around when possible

i especialy enjoy posioning the borgia guards
i know right . how do u get 2 hidden blades
- Jon