Author Topic: Tamer's Bloggy Blog Blog  (Read 53495 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Tamer's Bloggy Blog Blog
« Reply #45 on: August 19, 2008, 05:27:23 PM »
I may have a few due to the Mousedroid promo run here in Aus Tamer so don't worry my friend..... ;)

my Rexes are starting to show up mate. One arrived today at my  house and my nephews turned up as well. I sent away 6 coupon surveys so hopefully i'll have a spare or two...

I sent my damaged one in, we will see what kind of response I get. I hope they just send me a new one. I appreciate the offer. I hope I don't have to take you up on it though.

Got my new tube steps on my truck today. The bad news is my brother's girlfriends scratched the whole side of one before I got there with my truck. I just have great luck it seems.  He said he already called to get a new one, but speedy sure isn't his name with this job it seems. What can you say? She didn't mean to damage it.  Evidently, according to my brother, she couldn't get it out of the box so she forced it.  Like I said, I have great luck sometimes.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2008, 06:40:51 PM »
Well did the last trip of the summer. We took our gal to another amusement / water park. She is really loving the splashing.  I figure I get these weekend trips in now I will get less grief when hunting and football season starts. It is just around the corner. Didnt get a chance to hit the SW aisle today, but there wasn't squat for stores in about two hours of driving north into PA. This amusment park was really off the beaten path. I started humming the bars for Deliverance. That is bad considering where I live!

Offline Darth Aussie

• Major
« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2008, 08:18:53 AM »
just a quick note Shawn , i now have a spare Rex. just lmk if you run into bad luck with yours and i'll pop it into your box coming over...

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2008, 03:00:16 PM »
just a quick note Shawn , i now have a spare Rex. just lmk if you run into bad luck with yours and i'll pop it into your box coming over...

thanks Greg. I will let you know.

Offline Darth Aussie

• Major
« Reply #49 on: August 28, 2008, 12:31:05 AM »
No problemo.. :D

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2008, 06:23:46 AM »
Well I finally took some time this morning to upload a few pics and I promised some shots of my new truck.  I finally got the hard tonneau cover on it just this week.  My brother and I put it on in the pouring rain the other night. As you will see, I also added a little shipyards flair to the front of my truck too.

Plus I just have to include a few shots of my little cutie while we were at Idlewild Park last week:

« Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 06:26:38 AM by Tamer »

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #51 on: August 30, 2008, 12:56:18 PM »
She's beautiful Shawn!  Your little girl's pretty cute too!  I love that license plate, very nice touch!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2008, 05:26:09 PM »
She's beautiful Shawn!  Your little girl's pretty cute too!  I love that license plate, very nice touch!

LOL! Thanks for the kudos for both of my gals Pat. This is my first new truck and it may be my last the way the stinking things cost, but I am quite happy with it.  I sure had a fun time this evening bringing home four 45 gallon rubbermaid totes though. Thank goodness my truck has good latches and I could ratchet through the inside handle or I would have been done. Being able to keep things from getting wet in the bed is gonna be priceless though. The cover has a few cotter pins and the whole thing comes off. I usually won't have a need to do that though.

As far as the license plate, thanks to the photoshop program I was able to design the size file I needed to take to a local license plate printer. I think they were almost ready to ask me to work for them.  They were using some shop program that came with thier machine and I dont think they know much about computer picture files. Oh well, it came out nice.

On another note, I came home today and noticed a ton of deer at my feeder. Unbekwonst to me (how did you like that word I used) the electronics on the feeder must be shot as when it came on this morning it evidently pushed through all 200lbs. of corn I had in it that I had to presift by hand yesterday evening. It worked fine when I loaded it up, who knows what happened. Some days I feel like I take a step forward only to take three steps back the next day. Still, the deer are happy!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #53 on: August 30, 2008, 06:37:55 PM »
That's one sweet ride there, Shawn! I am liking the color. That front plate rocks also.

Offline Darth Aussie

• Major
« Reply #54 on: August 30, 2008, 11:34:51 PM »
Awesome Ute Shawn, very nice indeed. any inside shots?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #55 on: August 31, 2008, 05:54:30 PM »
Thanks guys, I am still loving the truck. Today for the first time I used the power outlet in the bed. Man is that nice. I took my ole wet and dry vac and vaccumed up a good bit of the corn and blew it right back in the feeder which seemed to work fine today.  Only in WV. I bet folks would have laughed thier backsides off if they had seen me. Boy, the deer are having a field day down there though.  I am still so not ready for MD bow season.

I am also wondering about that hard tonneau cover. It will be nice to keep things from getting wet, but being able to use the full bed with that hieght restriction might be a pain. I am about half thinking about selling it to see what it will bring.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #56 on: September 01, 2008, 08:43:40 PM »
Shawn, my step dad has a retractable soft t cover for the bed of his dodge. Perhaps that could be the answer to your delemma. It just rolls up into a housing twards the front of his bed.

Offline Darth Aussie

• Major
« Reply #57 on: September 02, 2008, 06:54:38 AM »
too nice a rig to sell it now mate!..maybe a bit longer.?...

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #58 on: September 02, 2008, 09:48:05 AM »
too nice a rig to sell it now mate!..maybe a bit longer.?...

oh I wouldnt sell the whole truck, just the hard tonneau cover. I am starting to like it this week though. I don't think there would be anyway to sell it now where I wouldnt loose at least half the price I paid for it. It is nice, don't get me wrong, but it is gonna be darn inconvenient at times.

Offline Darth Aussie

• Major
« Reply #59 on: September 04, 2008, 03:01:24 AM »
oh for a moment i thought you meant the truck .. ::)......sorry bro...