Author Topic: Tamer's Bloggy Blog Blog  (Read 53117 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Tamer's Bloggy Blog Blog
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2008, 06:23:21 PM »
Tamer, wern't you going to post some pics of your new ride? You could show us the before and after accessories shots.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2008, 06:27:16 PM »
I have some before shots, and I just ordered my last accesory today.  I will save it as a surprise and post all the pics at one time. It wont be long Clint.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2008, 06:28:39 PM »
that's cool buddy. I got my car's bra in the mail on sat and will do the same, this weekend.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2008, 10:39:41 AM »
Ok, I gotta vent right now cause I am boiling mad. So please take the below in that context.

Well yesterday I got my mail in rex finally after you guys have had yours for over a week only to find it had been horribly mangled at the hands of my posties yet again. O how I am disliking my postal workers for my home address right now. Ofcourse you guys have seen the result of their work over numerous boxes sent and variou other rantings and ravings.  So, I stopped in to talk to the local postmaster who apologized and said he would look into it yet again. Yeah right. He finally blamed the company for faulty packaging. I told him the service here was "ridiculous". I am just gonna have to make sure I dont send to my home address anymore.

Ok so now I contact hasbro and they promptly say they can't take a return becasue the figure itself wasnt damaged. They say there are no more and ofcourse I said doesnt your promotion run till December? She didnt have an answer for that. She just kept saying over and over again that packaging issues are not a returnable issue. I then asked, "even if the packaging is part of the product that was bought"? She then said she would pass my concerns on. Yeah right. I told her so what you are saying is that if I had called and said the figure itself was damaged you could have replaced it? She said well yours wasnt so I can't replace it. I said that didnt answer my question. She said they may have pursued other options if the figure itself was damaged. Lesson here: if you call hasbro to talk about a damage issue, make sure the figure itself is "damaged" or they won't help you. So I told her thanks for nothing!

Bottom line is I have to order another if I want one.  I guess somewhere along the line it got damaged. Whose fault was it? I dont know,  but bottom line is I am left with a faulty product through no fault of my own either.  I have a pretty good idea that the fault lies with my local posties, but am just unable to do anything about it. Guys if you have to send me packages, its probably a good idea to send em to my school addy here in a few weeks as I will be back to work.  I may just have to use my mother and father in laws addy if I need to get a package over the summer. They at least seem decent.  Some days it just stinks being a momc collector. There is just no way I would be satisfied with the figure. It is crushed in one corner,  creased in another, and the j hook is bent, and the entire top of the card is bent at an awkward angle.

Offline Cimter

• Cultural Minister
  • Brigadier
  • "Hey, it's me"
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2008, 11:29:25 AM »
Hey shawn what would you take for it loose, as I am a loose collector and I am after one,plus it would save on gas for me.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2008, 11:33:52 AM »
Hey shawn what would you take for it loose, as I am a loose collector and I am after one,plus it would save on gas for me.

Update: my wife called and with her leveler head they are sending a prepaid return envelope. All they asked her on the phone was it damaged? She said yes and problem solved. Leave it to me to get the tough operator. So, it looks like I have to return it Michael.

Offline Cimter

• Cultural Minister
  • Brigadier
  • "Hey, it's me"
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2008, 11:48:49 AM »
Oh well, never mind, the main thing is your not out of pocket. ;D

Offline Darth C

• Brigadier
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2008, 12:47:21 PM »
If you got it covered great, otherwise I would have swapped mine for yours.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2008, 05:34:36 PM »
If you got it covered great, otherwise I would have swapped mine for yours.

thanks Chad. I am glad they are handling it as the fig you would be getting wouldnt be good either from what I can see through the plastic. It is smashed pretty bad.

Offline Darth Aussie

• Major
« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2008, 06:15:14 AM »
I may have a few due to the Mousedroid promo run here in Aus Tamer so don't worry my friend..... ;)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2008, 12:04:59 PM »
I may have a few due to the Mousedroid promo run here in Aus Tamer so don't worry my friend..... ;)

Thanks Greg, at least you would pack it good. Man I love this place, you guys always come to help!

Offline Darth Aussie

• Major
« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2008, 01:00:04 AM »
Thats what friends are for bro..... :D

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2008, 05:43:39 PM »
Man am I tired. I just moved about two ton of new gravel for my road which was redone today. It looks really good. My front driveway is very steep and I have to get it redone every couple of years as the rain washes it away when we have wet years. I even had enough to make a little parking spot beside my out building for my truck.

I decided to mow my grass and got halfway through before it rained. I just finished mowing. I didnt want to do it later. Gonna take a little trip with my little gal for her first kiddie amusement park. I will use the trip to hit stores I normally cant get too like Target and Toysrus. 

I am watching my team do pretty good. Some of the new rookies show promise. This new RB Mendenhall seems to be all they claim he is.  He is gonna be interesting on goal line runs I can see. I havent heard Limas Sweed's name so maybe he isnt impressing anyone.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2008, 06:13:50 PM »
Well today was my first day back at work so my vacation is over. You guys can send all goodies to my school addy again thank goodness.  Most of the day was spent getting back out my stuff. The first thing I got out was one of Chad's custom cases and that custom Pat gave me.  Good memories there.

I got a new laptop and projector over the summer so that was nice. The daggone projector cord burned out after about an hour though so I have to get new one of those already. Still its nice to have another outlet. On a related note our new boss we got last year is not letting us leave to go to lunch when we all get back together officially on Friday. She is giving us a pepperoni roll and apple. LOL. Also this year if we miss more than five days of work we have to meet with her "officially" to discuss our absences. I can't wait to see what happens with that.

My truck is slowly, ever so slowly getting the accesories on it. I hopefully get my tube steps on it tomorrow. Then, just the hard tonneau cover and I can unviel it. Man has it taken a long time.

My gals are doing ok and I thankful for that. No more stomach episodes outta my wife for a good long while. Hope that trend continues. Hunting season and football season are on the horizon so that is nice too.  Not to mention I am surrounded by good folks here so I am pretty happy right now!

Offline Darth Aussie

• Major
« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2008, 06:44:21 AM »

my Rexes are starting to show up mate. One arrived today at my  house and my nephews turned up as well. I sent away 6 coupon surveys so hopefully i'll have a spare or two...