Author Topic: Tamer's Bloggy Blog Blog  (Read 53408 times)

Offline Skirata2012

• Ensign
  • I have inside jokes with complete strangers
Re: Tamer's Bloggy Blog Blog
« Reply #255 on: July 18, 2012, 08:32:37 PM »
 I can suggest 2 pistols Glock 23(  so easy to strip) and a ruger lcp 380 you can sometimes forget that little booger is even there.. Never owned a sks think that is 7.62x 39 am I right? I go with it's cousin the Ak47 wasr 10-63 fairly cheap and with 30 round clips its fun lol

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #256 on: July 19, 2012, 03:38:44 AM »
I haven't seen anywhere to buy an AK or I probably would. My next purchase is either gonna be a twenty guage semi-auto turkey shotgun (tristart probably) or some type of AR. I definitely want to look at a few Ruger Pistols too. And yes the SKS is 7.62 by 39. When I got them they were very cheap. Now, not so much.

Offline Skirata2012

• Ensign
« Reply #257 on: July 19, 2012, 10:58:15 AM »
http://www.gunbroker.com/  and http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/index.php  If you didn't know about these 2 sites you do now my local store is clyde's armory and they have all the cool stuff...If your lookin for something to buy me for my birthday look no further Tamer https://danieldefense.com/rifles/daniel-defense-m4-carbine-v3.html  saving funds for that hope to get it by dec lol

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #258 on: July 19, 2012, 03:33:26 PM »
LOL. Perhaps I can send you my bday list too then.

I am very familiar with gunbroker, but buds gun shop is a new one. Right now I am knee deep in Mauser and Mosin Nagant Conversions so I might get back to my AR and SKS Projects later. I haven't even shot my new Model 94 yet. I must admit taking this Mauser and building it from the ground up is quite fun. Today, I took a new stock and bedded it to the barrel. I am also working on a new trigger and safetey for it. I must say it is the first time i have ever grinded on a bolt. It is gonna look sharp though. That laminate stock is sweet.

Offline Skirata2012

• Ensign
« Reply #259 on: July 19, 2012, 03:43:57 PM »
Shot a mosin nagant about 2 months ago  for the first time and have to say im impressed...Than my buddy got one and we shot about 40 rounds through it and enjoyed every bit of it...He is trying to sell it to me and I might just buy it but if i did  i'd have  to buy the scope mount  amd change  it to a black synthetic stock...Good luck  on the Mauser

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #260 on: July 19, 2012, 03:46:18 PM »
My father in law just put a pepperwood stock on his Mosin Nagant and it turned out awesome. There are so many aftermarket products for some of those military surplus rifles you can really soup them up and shoot them cheaply. So for so good on the Mauser, I will put up a pic of it when I get it finished.

Offline Skirata2012

• Ensign
« Reply #261 on: July 19, 2012, 03:55:12 PM »
Bet that stock turned out nice...Yeah and the price of mosin $115 you just cant beat that 2 ammo clips and a bayonet

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #262 on: September 01, 2013, 06:15:20 PM »
Wow, it has been awhile since I posted in this, but I finished a little outdoor project today that was on my bucket list for the summer and it was fun to add a small SW Flair.

No deck project is complete without some party lights

A person needs a new grill to take care of those bantha steaks

Someone is enjoying the R2 party lights under the new canopy

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #263 on: September 01, 2013, 06:58:18 PM »
Nice, are you really going to hide the new grill from us?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #264 on: September 03, 2013, 02:35:06 AM »
Nice, are you really going to hide the new grill from us?

LOL. Nah, I will take some pics of it during daylight hours. It is one of these new four burners. It is pretty nice. Grilled some steaks for the family yesterday for Labor Day.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #265 on: September 07, 2013, 05:17:50 PM »
Clint, sorry I haven't posted the grill pics. I used it this past week with some new chicken marinade to great results. About the only thing that is bugging me is the stainless sure does get marked up easy, but does clean off the same.

On another note I just had a great day finally popping off a few rounds in my zombie killer and assorted firearms. The great thing was seeing my whole family, including my mother in law, get in on the shooting action. Between trips to the creek to look for salamanders and crabs my daughter even shot and hit the target with a twenty two today all by herself (well I was pretty close) with her holding the weight of the firearm and everything.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #266 on: October 31, 2021, 05:46:55 AM »
Well it has been a minute or two since I add to this! Wow, where does the time go!

Ok, I will warn you I have a rant coming here.

So two weeks ago, I go to have new tires put on my wheels (first time I have done this as its a new truck) and after waiting four hours for them to get done as I was checking out and paying for the new tires (I like the Wal-Mart protection plan as you can find a Wally World anywhere) a tech walked up and said to make sure to put there were scuffs on the wheels before the work was done.

I was like hold up! There aren't any scratches or scuffs on my wheels. It is pretty much a brand new truck! I said we will have to go see about that. Well we go out to the parking lot and I see a huge scratch around the rim of the front driver side wheel that you can tell was just done. Part of the clearcoat from the wheel they scratched off was on the brand new tire! They said it was damaged like that before the work was done. I called bull on that!

So we get manager 1 who kept trying to say it was plastic. It was an alluminum wheel and what you are seeing is the damn clearcoat you guys scratched off that is now on the tire.

Then we get manager 2 who is a little better and says we have insurance to take care of things like this, but you will probably loose because it was noted on the print out that there were "scuffs" on the wheels prior to the work being done. I said wow isn't that convenient. I keep saying I wanted to take to the tech for his or her dishonesty, but they wouldn't say anything when I requested that. So I fill out their claim stuff and am promised I will get a phone call in a few days.

Fast forward a week and I get a letter (no phone call) that says if pay to get an ASE Certified mechanic to say they were damaged when the new tires were put on they will "move foward" with the claim. So I have to pay and get a mechanic to say they damaged my wheel! I mean take a look at this wheel and tell me any normal reasonable rational person couldn't tell the apparatus they use to get the new tire on the wheel didn't do this! I mean it is right around the daggone rim of the wheel!

Lesson of the day is that when you go to get new tires, take pictures of your wheels you are gonna have em put on so this doesn't happen to you. I guess I am gonna get a mechanic to say this so I can see where this goes from here. I will be very surprised if I get one cent from them.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #267 on: November 01, 2021, 06:11:29 PM »
That sucks dude. Some nerve to get you to sign a waiver that basically says it was already like that, something a 5 year old would say. They design this red tape so you just say screw it, it's not worth it. I would follow through, to like the Supreme Court. Make them responsible for their incompetence.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #268 on: November 02, 2021, 02:45:58 AM »
Oh I didn't sign anything that said I agreed with them, I just filled out the claim where I was allowed to share "my side."

So to update this, as I had time at the end of work yesterday and a tire shop was just down the road I went in and had my "second opinion". The mechanic at the tire shop said the white stuff you see around the "scuff" on my wheel is tire molding paste so thats the only way that gets there!

I will send in my proof and see what they do. I bet they still refuse to pay.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2021, 02:17:41 AM by Tamer »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #269 on: November 02, 2021, 06:59:39 AM »
Did the mechanic say what could have caused it? If he says yeah it was done by a tire mounting machine, that's it. Based on the scratch pattern it looks like someone slammed into a curb. Those automatic car washes can do it too, maybe their drive on lift?   Yeah there's no way to definitively say they did it, unless like you said had before and after pictures.