Author Topic: Boba Fett Mini Bust  (Read 10484 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Boba Fett Mini Bust
« on: December 16, 2010, 10:43:51 AM »
I am getting a decent GG mini bust collection and am thinking about adding this one at some point. Having looked at the insane prices some of these have gone for.

Just how much would you pay for a Bobe Fett Mini Bust?

Offline beige-4

• When the unknown speak , people listen .
  • Banned
  • Admiral
  • your famous ! bask in it !
Re: Boba Fett Mini Bust
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2010, 11:44:42 AM »
any pics ?

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2010, 04:04:23 PM »
How much would I PAY, or how much should you expect?  Me, I wouldn't pay more than $150, and that's a stretch.  I haven't seen them go less than $250 though.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2010, 05:06:17 PM »
Pat, that is a number that a few others have given me too. The consensus seems to be the idea that the cost is starting to come down a bit, but I do agree that I haven't seen any go less than the price you quoted too.

I will just have to be patient and see what I can find. You never know. Maybe I ought to get Sarge on it. That guy is a bloodhound when it comes to an item he wants.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2010, 10:11:20 PM »
The problem is, that Boba was one of the first to have arms on it.  The ones previously were true busts; no arms.  Not to mention that Boba's a hugely popular character, it only made it worse.  Compound on that the fact it was a more limited run, if I remember right, and very few are letting him go.  Personally, if I were after him seriously, I'd set aside an amount that I know I could get him for and call it a day.  If that were the only thing I was after at a con, I'd be prepared to pay premium for it and be done with it.  Take for example my Biker Scout mini bust that I finally got at CV for $55. I was prepared to pay as much as $125 for it that weekend, and was lucky as Hell to find it for what I did.  It's all about what you're willing to pay for it and how bad you want it, and finding that middle ground.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2010, 04:54:35 AM »
Yeah, your points are well valid Pat. This one seems to be pretty hard to find. I actually have one I can buy for two hundred right now and had to whittle away to get him that low, but am still undecided. Realistically I don't know that I will be able to find one really for lower than this.

Daggone you for getting me into these in the first place, but wow they really are nice. The more I get the more I am almost ready to say good bye to most of Hasbro.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2010, 05:46:53 AM »
$200?  I say go for it.  It's slightly better than usual, and if you have it and are willing to pay it, I'd do it.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2010, 05:23:37 PM »
Look at this from every angle and tell me if you can spot any issues. I love it. It will be the highlight of my GG Bust collection.

I am psyched right now. I haven't felt like this since I got that new AT-AT in my hands. This feeling is the reason I collect. Folks, this is one you have to have in your collection.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2010, 05:42:47 PM »
I want one, Shawn. you are just proud of that bad boy, arnt you?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2010, 05:49:17 PM »
I want one, Shawn. you are just proud of that bad boy, arnt you?

Don't put one in your hands Clint. You will go home with it. Daggone Pat anyway for getting me into these. Daggone they are nice.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2010, 06:45:28 PM »
Wow, so you pulled the trigger, eh?  What was the final cost of this bad boy?  And I'm actually disappointed that I introduced you to Gentle Giant as well: These beautiful works are meant to be DISPLAYED, not kept in a cardboard prison!  That is stunning, my friend.  Nicely done!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2010, 06:52:22 PM »
LOL. I have seen some pics of them displayed outside their nice safe home and that looks pretty good too. Who knows I might catch a wild hair one day, but not today!

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2010, 05:02:43 AM »
Congrats on the cool acquisition!! Indeed, these busts are for display on a shelf, their value won't decrease if put on shelf.  In fact if never opened who knows what lays inside (God forbid of damage). You know I moved this year to the new house and had some items boxed, but when I received them I checked up if ok. If not - then there would have been a lot of fun after long time ending a deal or a product sold out.

Just imagine an eFX AT-AT helmet that might be made in the future, will you keep it in the box?  ;D I totally understand this way of keeping with the Hasbro figures but not with statues, busts or props, unless in the middle of moving, or no display space at all ;) Release Fett from Sarlacc box  :D Don't keep him in there  bbfet
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 05:04:51 AM by jkno »
Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away
My collection
Trade Feedback

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2010, 06:54:08 AM »
Talk about a grand conspiracy to get me to be an opener!

Good point about needing to check the overall condition after a purchase though. It would be hard to go back and say hey its busted up a year from now if I do decide to open it and its not like GG seals the boxes with tape or something along those lines that would mar the box if opened.

I am thinking about it!

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2010, 07:20:52 AM »
GG only uses tape to secure the 2 foam parts of the inner box. If there is not tape there then the item inside can be damaged like it happened to me with the first GG ROTS Vader statue I got from a member elsewhere - it arrived badly damaged with "detachable" head and had to get a refund... Checking the boxed items, especially the fragile ones made of polystone and resin is a must.
Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away
My collection
Trade Feedback