Author Topic: new fodder  (Read 2952 times)

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
new fodder
« on: July 01, 2009, 06:08:31 PM »
Ended up making a run thru a TRU today as I was dropping Brendan off for a wrestling camp.  Picked up a GI Joe fig and an Indy fig.  Had one more of each line, but figured $14 was enough in one go for today...

GI Joe: Helicopter Assault Trooper, "Sgt. Airborne." 

Below is a pic of him, totally broken down into parts.  He's wearing a removeable helmet and vest.  The swiss seat appears to be intended for removal, as it has a post-n-hole fastener, but they forgot about the holster and leg pouches, so the leg-loops are too small to remove.  Well, Xacto knife handles that job.  Ball-post head, natch - pretty good crazy-man smirk on his face.  I like the plain jumpsuit with just a touch of extra padding on the forearms and knees.  The boots have no laces.  IMO, once you pull off the helmet and vest and cut away the swiss-seat, you have a great basic fig that can go in a LOT of different directions!  Heck, the est is - arguably - usable once you pull off the grenade.  The back of the vest makes it look too much like a Nam-era H-harness, but in the front, it looks passably different.  Sure, the holster is affixed pretty solidly into a slight cut-out in the leg (or so it looks), but with so many hand-cannon out there, I'm sure I'll find one that fits it just right.

He comes with a 1911 and a tricked-out M4.  Lemme tell ya's, these guns are SOLID!  We could only WISH Hasbro used this plastic on SW guns!  Hmmm... there's a great question for the next Q&A...

I'm going to cast his head and then he'll be off to the Accessorizer to be turned into many different things - random spacer, bounty hunter, security guard...

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: new fodder
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2009, 06:14:56 PM »
he does have some good looking equipment. Solid Hasbro figure guns, you say? I didn't know that there was such a thing.

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2009, 06:21:21 PM »
Next up, Professor Jones.  This is Indy from the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.  He just looks...grizzled.  I love the leather jacket look.  I may pull his arms and the vest part to put a jacket on someone else and slap a couple of spare arms on his torso for a more "workman" type look.  And hey - with soooo many novels set later in Han's life, an older Harrison Ford head is a necessity.  The fig comes with 2 left hands - one empty and one affixed to the crystal skull.  The belt is removeable - barely - and the holster is non-functional.  In fact, it looks like there is a revolver in it already.  Odd, as we get a loose revolver for Indy to hold.  An unfurled whip and a removable fedora and satchel complete the ensemble.  The artifact was a big faceted gem.  If only...

Range of motion was good on all joints.

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2009, 06:22:14 PM »
he does have some good looking equipment. Solid Hasbro figure guns, you say? I didn't know that there was such a thing.

I'm sure it was a mistake at the factory...

;D