Author Topic: The Woods of West Virginia  (Read 53703 times)

Offline Rune Haako

• Commander
Re: The Woods of West Virginia
« Reply #285 on: August 12, 2014, 04:00:15 PM »
Saw 6" figures at Wal-Mart near Logan today, no Stormtroopers. :(

Got 6" Obi-Wan at the Target in South Charleston.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 04:03:04 PM by Rune Haako »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #286 on: August 13, 2014, 03:36:09 AM »
I saw that Wal-Mart's new fall reset had six inchers on it. About time I say as thats the only store I have near me. Maybe I can find some figs in the wild!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #287 on: August 25, 2014, 05:15:37 PM »
I can't believe I am just now finding time to post this, but Walmart has now become a Mecca for most of the newer figures. I saw, between what I call my two local stores, four six inch Stormtroopers on the pegs and the newer JP larger size figures (Ezra, TIE Pilot, Scout Trooper, Chewbacca) and the Black Series Wave that has Pablo Jill. Command Series is all over the place too.

Hopefully the newer three and three quarter waves and later six inch waves will show up.

Offline Rune Haako

• Commander
« Reply #288 on: September 21, 2014, 07:39:25 AM »
Found TBS ROTS Vader and Ree-Yees at Is Half Enuff? in Princeton, WV.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 07:41:38 AM by Rune Haako »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #289 on: September 21, 2014, 07:54:23 AM »
Half Enuff? I haven't heard of that. Need to check that out.

I did see a ton of the new ships at Ollies Discount Store Chain if you have one of those close!

Offline Rune Haako

• Commander
« Reply #290 on: September 21, 2014, 08:25:09 AM »
Is Half Enuff is a local store. I think there's only one in existance, but if you're ever in Princeton check them out.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #291 on: September 22, 2014, 04:35:11 PM »
I will have to give it a look see. I am not sure where Princeton is.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #292 on: September 08, 2020, 02:57:39 AM »
Wow, six years since I posted here. Has it really been that long since I really found stuff at brick and mortar stores?!

Well anyhew, I had to go to Wal Mart yesterday and I rolled by the toy pegs real quick. It has been the first time since March that I have done this. Here is what I found on the Star Wars front:

I did see two vintage figures on the pegs (K2SO and Luke in ST Disguise). They did have a few six inch figures (Hoth Trooper, TIE Pilot, Lando) and I saw the Chewbacca in that new line (looked animated). Not really much to see for the figures though.

This is what really stopped me in my tracks though. Talk about some serious toy nostalgia. I loved this line when I was a kid. I almost got one of each:

I didn't even know a new He-Man Line was coming out. These look exactly like they did back on the pegs in the 80s! I was so tempted.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #293 on: September 09, 2020, 12:29:57 AM »
Great to see you back in store, Tamer! But taking the current situation seriously and being cautious was the best choice. Don't know what to think about this Mission Fleet. It's like Funko's POP! series: doesn't appeal to me at all and will save me hundreds of dollars, again! But at least the kids got something to play with right? I found myself spending my money on LEGO instead of Hasbro which I never thought could happen. I mean the figures don't look that bad and hopefully appeal to kids. I mean Hasbro (and LEGO too) keeps telling us that kids drive the brand - so let's hope they'll spend their pocket money on these toys to keep the brand alive rather than buying more V-bucks for Fortnite...

That MOTU series looks awesome! So great to read that it made you feel nostalgic! A good friend of mine grew up in the 80's and says - like many others - it was the best time to be a kid back then!
So many other great lines out there, but I cannot collect 'em all.

Thanks so much for the store report! So there were no TVC or even TBS at Walmart?!
Times truly have changed for STAR WARS merch...good job Di$ney!

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #294 on: June 19, 2022, 02:38:48 AM »
According to the German fan site stonewars.de the LEGO Group is going to open a new factory in Chesterfield County. The factory will provide 1,790 new jobs. Follow the link below to read the good news in English:

https://www-stonewars-de.translate.goog/news/lego-neue-fabrik-usa/?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en

Yesterday, LEGO announced two new summer sets for STAR WARS on their LEGO Con.
Both will release on August 1, 2022 and are available for pre-order in the LEGO shop.

Source of all images below: https://www.stonewars.de/news/lego-star-wars-75337-at-te-und-75323-justifier/

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #295 on: February 06, 2023, 02:00:28 PM »
My larger store was so dismal today I took a few phone pics (please forgive the awful quality but its just my junk phone). This first pic is the main pegs with mainly no vintage and nothing but movie heroes junk:

I wish I had taken pictures of my meijer store in Michigan back when I was an exchange student in 2010-2011. Pegs were full with TVC and SOTDS Saga Legends plus Clone Wars figures...to me it was the peak of collecting 3.75" figures. Only problem back then was to not have won the lottery.
Usually I tool my $20 phone from RadioShack to the store which didn't have a camera. But I also had an iPod touch and I wonder why I just didn't have the clue to take pictures to stare at years later...damn!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #296 on: February 07, 2023, 03:54:52 AM »
I guess I will have to get back into stores now that they are supposedly doing away with all the crazy pre-orders. Maybe. Pretty easy to just get what I want from BBTS or EE.