Author Topic: Tamer's finger crossed Legacy Walker Rumor Central  (Read 18005 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Tamer's finger crossed Legacy Walker Rumor Central
« Reply #105 on: February 03, 2010, 09:18:33 PM »

yep i found the question and answer and here it is from the website "Toy News International"

TNI: Hasbro Catalog scans of a new AT-AT toy leaked out online a few weeks ago and since then we have heard rumors this toy will be much larger than the old AT-AT toy. Rumors are saying this toy will be almost 3 ft in size, a larger cockpit, come with A AT-AT driver and come with a speeder bike. Can you confirm these specifications, are there any other specification you can provide such as a price point and are there any images you can provide or will this be revealed at Toy Fair next month?

Hasbro: Well, we can confirm that there is indeed a great new AT-AT coming this fall. Set to hit shelves on 8-1, it will be offered at a $99.99 SRP (same as the AT-TE and Turbo Tank) and will be an all-new version, rethought from top to bottom with great new play features, a lot of room for figures, and a huge number of electronic phrases and sounds. It has been designed with both collectors and kids in mind, and we think that it will wow both audiences. As for size, we don't know the exact height off-hand, but it is much bigger than the vintage Kenner version when all three dimensions are considered in person. Look for more details, and photos, at Toy Fair. Bring your tape measure!

Awesome scoop there, Trev! Well, Shawn, IT'S TRUE!!
They know how big it is. They just wanted to keep whats left of the spoiled secret under their hats.LOL

Offline McMetal

• Colonel
« Reply #106 on: February 04, 2010, 08:21:58 AM »
How in the hell are they going to sell that for $99.99?

If that's worth $100, the AT-Te and Turbo-Tank were WAAAAY overpriced.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #107 on: February 04, 2010, 08:34:38 AM »
Yippeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I get to have my party this weekend! Anyone want to come and help me shovel out over perhaps 3 feet of snow? Now I really can't wait for Toy Fair!

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
« Reply #108 on: February 04, 2010, 08:38:29 AM »
How in the hell are they going to sell that for $99.99?

If that's worth $100, the AT-Te and Turbo-Tank were WAAAAY overpriced.

I think that's just it--these two items WERE overpriced.  I think that explains why, for stretches of time, at least a couple of online stores had these for, what seemed to be, clearance prices when they first came out.  I originally planned to pass on the TT but buckled like a cheap action figure when Target's online store was letting it go for around $60 SHIPPED.  We as consumers often forget the markup stores give to items they sell.  (It's best we do or there would be a lot of unhappy people feeling ripped off.)  Prices are often set according to perceived value rather than actual value.

Offline Darth Caedus

• Commander
« Reply #109 on: February 04, 2010, 03:24:46 PM »
more info including exact measurements courtesy of jediinsider: http://jediinsider.com/index.php?catid=8&itemid=12548

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
« Reply #110 on: February 05, 2010, 06:53:30 AM »
more info including exact measurements courtesy of jediinsider: http://jediinsider.com/index.php?catid=8&itemid=12548

There's an accompanying  picture now too.  However, the most important aspect in my opinion, the head is covered up.  Still, it gives you a better idea of scale as there are some action figures in the picture.  Based on the picture, and that the head has been confirmed to hold six figures, it's likely the head will look awfully large for the body.   :-\

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #111 on: February 05, 2010, 07:09:08 AM »
From www.starwars-descriptions.com

This from Jedi-Insider

STAR WARS AT-AT
(Approximate Retail Value: $99.99; Ages: 5 & up; Available: August 1, 2010)
In space, size does matter, and Hasbro certainly kept that in mind when creating its all-new, highly detailed STAR WARS AT-AT. The AT-AT (All Terrain Armored Transport) played a significant role in the Empire’s military assault in THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK, and it will play an equally important role in every fan’s toy collection this year! Measuring more than 24 inches tall, nearly 28 inches long, and 12 inches wide, this colossal vehicle holds up to 20 STAR WARS figures – 6 of which can fit in its head alone! – and includes so many play and electronic features true to its on-screen counterpart that it’s hard to believe! From the zip-line in its body and articulated legs for superb poseability, to its LED lights and authentic movie sounds and phrases, this is the must-have addition for STAR WARS fans of all ages. Includes a 3 ¾ inch AT-AT driver action figure and a pop-out speeder bike.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 07:16:08 AM by Tamer »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #112 on: February 05, 2010, 07:14:15 AM »
Thanks to those folks who continue to populate this thread. I love it. It is snowing like it is Hoth right now and I can't wait to get this new bat-at in hand and out in some snow!

Offline McMetal

• Colonel
« Reply #113 on: February 05, 2010, 07:17:17 AM »
Dude, there's an actual photo up at JTA now...prepare to cream your jeans!

This thing looks unbelievable...

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #114 on: February 05, 2010, 07:27:03 AM »
Dude, there's an actual photo up at JTA now...prepare to cream your jeans!

This thing looks unbelievable...

I think it is just the same one I posted about McMetal. This is the photo from www.starwars-descriptions.com. I keep hoping we get to see the head. I know it is probably gonna be a bit boxy, but hope it is a bit more elongated than the older version. It looks really big from that pic because I believe the cockpit cover is up. We are getting closer to seeing the full reveal though.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #115 on: February 05, 2010, 08:38:45 AM »
Nice, now there's a pic that wasn't supposed to be taken at UK toyfair. This thing is supposed to be a foot wide?? I want more pics, top down, sideways, an underbelly shot, I want it all. You got some room at your house for a few of these, Shawn?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #116 on: February 05, 2010, 08:53:36 AM »
Nice, now there's a pic that wasn't supposed to be taken at UK toyfair. This thing is supposed to be a foot wide?? I want more pics, top down, sideways, an underbelly shot, I want it all. You got some room at your house for a few of these, Shawn?

There will be a walker shelf somewhere in my cave some day. Not sure where yet, but if this thing looks as good as I think it will I plan on first getting two and then perhaps five more if they hit clearance, funds being available ofcourse.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #117 on: February 05, 2010, 09:48:46 AM »
I'm still trying to figure out that crazy interior. Looks like those side panels are in two pieces, part of which swings up and part of which swings down.  Is there a figure on that upper level on the inside?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #118 on: February 05, 2010, 10:33:14 AM »
I'm still trying to figure out that crazy interior. Looks like those side panels are in two pieces, part of which swings up and part of which swings down.  Is there a figure on that upper level on the inside?

It does look that way doesn't it.  We just need more pics.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #119 on: February 05, 2010, 11:02:41 AM »
At the risk of getting too big here, I cropped that shot and blew it up, some. On the inside of the legs at the feet, it's nice to see those stabalizer pistons that are on my Revell ATAT model kit. Up twards the front of the main body at the top, are those fold  out cannons? You can see the shape of the swing down rear hatch here. Also, on the upper deck of  the interior, I see a handrail and possibly the backside of a mounted gun? Looks like handles on something. I would rather have a mounted MG42 type gun ala/IMPS than a turbo tank squad type launcher.