Author Topic: Tamer's finger crossed Legacy Walker Rumor Central  (Read 18606 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Tamer's finger crossed Legacy Walker Rumor Central
« Reply #90 on: January 25, 2010, 07:01:03 PM »
I believe that it is the angle of the shot that makes the rear legs look shorter. They are further from the camera than the front legs, the apparant distance of which, could denote how big this thing really is. I do agree that this being the new walker is possible but not definite.
Here is a link to that page.
http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=4072293&Main=4056137#Post4072293

And here is the pic in question.
Thanks to Rebelscum for this. Tamer, this isn't varified but what do you think?

« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 07:02:35 PM by Clonehead »

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
« Reply #91 on: January 26, 2010, 06:36:15 AM »
The head is just plain awful.  I agree that the canopy up like that may make it worse than it actually is; but even so, the proportions are all wrong.  It's as if the sculptor used the previous sculpt as visual reference rather than movie stills.  I am more than willing to concede that a true scale can't be attained; but at least give us the basic proportions.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #92 on: January 26, 2010, 07:11:01 AM »
Here is a bigger version of that shot. There is some speculation about that horizontal line where the old troop bay area door was that there will indeed be two interior levels which that side will possibly open to reveal.  I do see a shape that could be a hinge on the bottom of that area. Thanks again to scum for this shot. I have been to that site, actoys.com but can't make heads or tails of the language used.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 07:13:20 AM by Clonehead »

Offline beige-4

• When the unknown speak , people listen .
  • Banned
  • Admiral
  • your famous ! bask in it !
« Reply #93 on: January 26, 2010, 09:38:56 AM »
got packagin news for ba-at from rebscum Here's a quick spy report about the reported next BIG vehicle from Hasbro...the AT-AT. According to our Rebel Spy, the packaging will NOT be in in the same style as "The Vintage Collection" that the basic figures will be in, but apparently it uses the "blue skies" packaging seen here, with a little silver added to the design. It is not yet known if there is any other name given to this line for the vehicles.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #94 on: January 26, 2010, 10:57:18 AM »
Hmm....head doesn't look great does it. Oh well, I love the orginal vehicle so I can live with it, but had hoped for a longer more rectangular version. If this is it, it is a prototype and could have been altered a bit for the final version.

As for the packaging, I sure was hoping for a return to the vintage style as I thought the blue was for Clone Wars, but it ought to be good any way you slice it.

Once again Hasbro gets closer, but doesn't give us the definitive version if this is it. It just gives em the opportunity to try it again in about ten years if they still have the license.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #95 on: January 27, 2010, 03:34:09 PM »
Scum posted this on it's front page today:

According to this eyewitness account, it looks like a Turbo Tank on legs, with an interior similar to the inside of the Turbo Tank, but with 2 levels, opening doors, a gun rack, and an underside hatch for Luke to slice into. There are 2 strings that come out of a side panel like on a rescue helicopter. The neck seal is rubber, and the head holds 6 figures inside, including General Veers. Plus, the rear opens for a Blizzard Force speeder bike. Still no photos yet, but this matches all previous reports.

Are they going to reveal this thing at toyfair? can it really be that big?? Tamer??

Offline James T. Kirk

• Banned
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #96 on: January 27, 2010, 03:57:43 PM »
From that pic, it also knd of looks like there is an opening hatch on the very back of it for the speeders. Looks pretty cool, if that is it. I can't wait to see the finished product.

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #97 on: January 27, 2010, 04:06:44 PM »
tamer is gonna spud  his pants ! if its true!
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #98 on: January 27, 2010, 04:08:54 PM »
I am still trying not to get too excited. Six figures in the head is gonna just rock anything that has been produced before. You really have to work a bit to get two figures in the existing one. To get six means wider and a lot longer to me. I don't see how it (head) can have the same boxy design we have now. For it to be that large with two differing levels and room for a speeder bike in the back is just mind numbing to me. So close to a reveal so close. Cmon Toyfair.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #99 on: January 27, 2010, 04:34:35 PM »
I am still trying not to get too excited. Six figures in the head is gonna just rock anything that has been produced before. You really have to work a bit to get two figures in the existing one. To get six means wider and a lot longer to me. I don't see how it (head) can have the same boxy design we have now. For it to be that large with two differing levels and room for a speeder bike in the back is just mind numbing to me. So close to a reveal so close. Cmon Toyfair.
Do you have enough snowtroopers to man up that bad boy, Shawn?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #100 on: January 27, 2010, 04:37:37 PM »
LOL. Snowtroopers I am a little light on, but I have a ton of atat drivers. A ton.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #101 on: January 28, 2010, 12:05:45 PM »
I just read that there is to be a release of a Galactic Heroes ATAT this year, also. This could possibly be a shot of that one, but I doubt it.
  Tamer, did you see the shot of the new Veers fig?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #102 on: January 28, 2010, 01:26:06 PM »
I just read that there is to be a release of a Galactic Heroes ATAT this year, also. This could possibly be a shot of that one, but I doubt it.
  Tamer, did you see the shot of the new Veers fig?

Uh no! Was that released today? Daggone it stinks having all my computers broke!

Offline Darth Caedus

• Commander
« Reply #103 on: February 03, 2010, 05:13:36 PM »
hasbro confirmed on another sites q&a(dont remember which) the at-at will be released with an msrp of $99.99

Offline TheCloneCommander

• Commodore
    • TheCloneCommander
« Reply #104 on: February 03, 2010, 09:15:25 PM »
yep i found the question and answer and here it is from the website "Toy News International"

TNI: Hasbro Catalog scans of a new AT-AT toy leaked out online a few weeks ago and since then we have heard rumors this toy will be much larger than the old AT-AT toy. Rumors are saying this toy will be almost 3 ft in size, a larger cockpit, come with A AT-AT driver and come with a speeder bike. Can you confirm these specifications, are there any other specification you can provide such as a price point and are there any images you can provide or will this be revealed at Toy Fair next month?

Hasbro: Well, we can confirm that there is indeed a great new AT-AT coming this fall. Set to hit shelves on 8-1, it will be offered at a $99.99 SRP (same as the AT-TE and Turbo Tank) and will be an all-new version, rethought from top to bottom with great new play features, a lot of room for figures, and a huge number of electronic phrases and sounds. It has been designed with both collectors and kids in mind, and we think that it will wow both audiences. As for size, we don't know the exact height off-hand, but it is much bigger than the vintage Kenner version when all three dimensions are considered in person. Look for more details, and photos, at Toy Fair. Bring your tape measure!

A well-built sniper rifle is a beautiful thing. Ours has two zoom modes, "Up close and personal" and "Hello, you're dead