Author Topic: Tamer's finger crossed Legacy Walker Rumor Central  (Read 17908 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Tamer's finger crossed Legacy Walker Rumor Central
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2009, 10:21:24 AM »
I took this from Yakface.com's Q&A answers, this week.

Q1: In the various QnA sessions over the years you've mentioned that sometimes old molds for figures and vehicles have been damaged or misplaced necessitating the creation of a new one (ex: the BMF). Can you reveal any often/repeatedly used figure or vehicle molds that we can look forward to not seeing again.

A1: That's a tough question to answer, since we don't know which tools will break or wear out in advance, necessitating their replacement. If you are referring to upgrades or replacement for older vehicles, there are a couple all-new surprises coming up this Fall that will effectively make existing tools obsolete. For figures, there are continuous upgrades in the lineup that make older tools obsolete. One example would be the current Legacy Battle Droid figure....there is an all-new BD coming that will effectively retire the older one. Details on all of these will be revealed at Comic Con.

Those two new surprises coming up this fall that will replace old tooling, Could they be the new ATST and/or a new ATAT? Tamer, what are your thoughts?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2009, 02:46:08 PM »
Wow, that is some good stuff there Clint that only highlights what we have been thinking. I have a feeling one of those retired ships is gonna be the old atst with a newer slightly larger one. I have a feeling that if they do this they are really gonna have to visit the atat. Who wants to play with an ATAT that is the same size or smaller than a correct scale atst? Keep finding those goodies and post em folks. I want to keep this thread updated.

So far the best rumors are found on scum with supposed foamcore models existing for this vehicle. One will understand that with the fiasco with the sw sites unvieling the BMF before they were ready we will not see the BATAT until it debuts at SDCC or Toyfair. I am hoping toyfair, but we will have to see.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2009, 01:33:36 PM »
Ok, Clint has posted some interesting intel when he found a pic of a possible new snowspeeder sculpt. It seems they said there was gonna be a walker for around 150 smackers. I am glad to be able to add to this. Please list your rumors as well. No false alarms Wattoh!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2009, 12:07:48 PM »
Guys, this one is for the BMF Walker only. If you want to start a rumor thread for some other vehicles go ahead, but I want nothing but Walker rumors in this one. LOL.

Offline night force cynic

• Captain
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2009, 09:43:52 PM »
um, what's an AT-AT?

;D

(yes, I'm kidding)

Offline beige-4

• When the unknown speak , people listen .
  • Banned
  • Admiral
  • your famous ! bask in it !
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2009, 04:41:19 AM »
oh wats a bmf walker is that like the bmf with at-at legs glued on it lol?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2009, 05:48:02 AM »
oh wats a bmf walker is that like the bmf with at-at legs glued on it lol?

You can envision anything you want. Everyone knows what BMF is so I am just applying it to the walker. I would guess its correct nomenclature would be BAT-AT! Cool name!

If anyone hears any rumors, post em. Please try to include links to the source if you can.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2010, 06:30:38 PM »
Clint has reported that JTA has found some new TARGET DCPI #s for a Super Dlx Vehicle in the 100 dollar price range. There is also speculation that this price tag would be a bit small for a bigger size AT-AT. Hopefully Toyfair will shed some light on this.

I have a feeling that if we are gonna get this, the anniversary of TESB is gonna be the year. I bet they are keeping such a tight lid on it that we may not find out till they actually release the PR on this one. Heres to hoping this turns out the be the bat-at. Thanks for the info Clint.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2010, 11:05:34 PM »
hmmm so should I wait on trying to make my own big Mother F..... at-at...?

if hasbro does retool the at-at... what measurment do you think they will base their sculping on?  either 23 meters or 15.5 meters?  I doubt highly that it'd be correctly scaled even yet... since the 23 meter height would put a correctly scaled walker at 4 feet tall.

Hmmm... I wonder if that is why the 15.5 meter height mesurment keeps popping up?  that would put the toy at a more managable height for reproduction (and sales cost) for hasbro....?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2010, 06:33:43 AM »
Devin, If they do make one. It still won't be the right size. Do you ever think they would make a vehicle to the correct dimensions? Over four feet? Never!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2010, 07:20:28 AM »
Devin, If they do make one. It still won't be the right size. Do you ever think they would make a vehicle to the correct dimensions? Over four feet? Never!
Quite right, Tamer. Kind of like how the BMF still isn't the correct scale, were Hasbro to make a large scale walker, I would expect it to be bigger but not to true scale. They would make the cockpit big enough for two drivers and a Veers to stand behind them with a periscope and that would be the important part to them. One can only hope that the body is large enough not to make the head seem underscaled.

Offline jedi_ryan35

• Ensign
  • "The force will be with me..always!"
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2010, 09:08:43 AM »
 If you guys go to  Jedi Temple Archives.   They have a very interesting pic and info of an At-At walker. Go check it out guys. Made me smile   ;D

www.jeditemplearchives.com

Offline McMetal

• Colonel
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2010, 10:16:48 AM »
Damn, I wanted to be the one to make Tamer's day with that new JTA link. Dude, they have a photo up this morning - this is all but a done deal.

It's going to come with its own speeder bike too!

Glad you will get your wish this year. I still wants my Twilight...

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2010, 10:39:20 AM »
Oh what a glorious day! There is absolutely nothing that could run it now (well outside of a full blown thermonuclear detonation).

The Tamer is getting his BAT-AT!

I would like to personally thank Chuck at Jeditemplearchives for the use of this image and for his timely and rapid uploading of this information to allow me to have a great 2010! Thanks for thinking of me too Jedi Ryan and McMetal. Your timeliness is also duely noted.

Party at my house when we get the official news!

Offline beige-4

• When the unknown speak , people listen .
  • Banned
  • Admiral
  • your famous ! bask in it !
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2010, 11:58:16 AM »
i new it lol im getting it before u tamer!