Imperial Review > Diamond Select Toys

Diamond Select Ultimate Quarter Scale Emperor Palpatine

(1/4) > >>

wraithnine:
just picked up a bargain and a half   a Diamond Select Ultimate Quarter Scale Emperor Palpatine  Was £80  but i got it on sale for £24.99!
its a stunning piece ..
heres some pics

hand sculpt is utterly superb  :

you get a spare interchangable set of hands:

his cane:

he has 3 layers of clothing  (the soft goods are fantastic!) :

(everything can be removed ,apart from his boots ,the outer robe is of awesome quality and has wire inserted in the hood edge for posability)
the figure stands 19 inches high and has 23 points of articulation !:

heres some more pics of  that chilling facial sculpt and superb soft goods :

he also comes with the same type of stand you see on a lot of sideshow figures and is adjustable and sturdy :

And a shot from the back of the box:

and to top all that off he has built in electronics(2x AAA batts inc) and has a few phrases which have been lifted directly from Return of the Jedi ,all of which are superbly mastered and are clear and feature the voice of Ian McDiarmid.
the phrases are :
"Welcome young Skywalker i have been expecting you"
"Everything is proceeding as i have forseen"
"By now you must know that your father can never be turned from the darkside"
and
"so be it......Jedi" (followed by the sounds of screams and force lightening )
the only minor gripe i have is that the cane is a touch too short (and it is a minor one)
so in conclusion  a figure that is excellent at £80   is unbelievable at £24.99! (might just go get the Jedi Luke that they had for the same price)

TheCloneCommander:
sweet deal and sweet figure, that arrived fast!! awesome review buddy
the detail is very fine, and he is as ugly as he is in the films, in a good way..

Tamer:
looks like we need a new section for this! Looks great Jay. Wow, was that a great price too.

wraithnine:
yes it was  shawn,its  an awesome piece but for 24 smackers it gets upgraded to jawdropping !    and its not even Clone Wars!

Phatty:
These Ultimate Quarter Scale figures from Diamond Select are very nice.  I don't have any myself, but I also haven't had any trouble finding them when they come out.  And for whatever reason, they almost always certainly go on a good clearance!  Nice review, Jay!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version