Author Topic: Angry at blue virus episode!!!!!!!!!  (Read 3817 times)

Offline clonetrooper360

• Commander
Angry at blue virus episode!!!!!!!!!
« on: February 10, 2009, 09:40:20 PM »
so now what every german person is a freaking nazi????? they actually gave the scientist taht creates the virus sort of a germany acccent  like they used to do in the american movies making fun of nazis!!!!!!!!  wtf lucas ltd has pushed it to the limit !!!  whats next a bomber droid with a arab accent?  lsab
May the Force be with you !

Offline Darth Aussie

• Major
Re: Angry at blue virus episode!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 10:32:14 PM »
haven't seen this yet.....

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2009, 05:57:04 AM »
Haven't seen the show at all. Is it good? Doesn't sound like it if they are doing things like this!

Offline clonetrooper360

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2009, 05:32:09 PM »
its on the trailer!!!

Offline Darth Aussie

• Major
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2009, 06:12:12 AM »
link?

Offline clonetrooper360

• Commander
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2009, 12:43:49 PM »
star wars.com   lol

Offline Darth Aussie

• Major
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2009, 08:09:41 AM »
Duh!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2009, 08:38:22 AM »
Duh!

yeah, I figured out what he was talking about and felt the same way.

Offline clonetrooper360

• Commander
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2009, 08:17:43 PM »
thnx for the support , back at astarwars.com nobody agreed    EL

Offline dana.raye.smith

• Commodore
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2009, 08:33:20 PM »
my wife is german and she didn't like it much either. but there are so many other hollywood films that support this stereotype that  it gets forgotten or has become so  common it is not as offensive.
but she does still hate when i play all my MOH games and have the language set so they speak german. her family loved it when i was in germany for 7 years and we would play the multiplayer. i always had to be the germans. go figure.
i guess it goes right along with the nikto (i  hope that is the right species) smugglers all seeming tospeak with an asian accent, and the sexy female characters all speaking with a french/european accent.
you have to use something recognizable for the younger viewers it is being made for.

Offline clonetrooper360

• Commander
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2009, 08:28:00 AM »
Moh? i love bf 1942 i understand everything they say since im half austrian /german / patriot soldier .  well my granduncles died for germany so thats mostly on why i get angry , still i wouldnt expect something so neutral like star wars do something like that!  the whole OT  was based on the german empire and non of the actors played with german accents, they were all british, except tarkin but tahts how he speaks in every movie and thats kinda like hes charm ! still a low blow by the new cw

Offline McMetal

• Colonel
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2009, 12:53:27 PM »
OMG, was this really a surprise?

Star Wars is patently offensive when it comes to stereotyping via accent. It starts inocuously enough, Imperial officers all sport British accents, ok.

But by the time the prequels rolled around, it got completely out of control.

Trade Federation Reps = Asians
Jar Jar = Jamaican
Watto = Jewish

I think it is incredibly ill-advised at best, and thinly veiled racism at worst. This is a good example of something that the studio should have called Lucas on before it ever came out. "Dude, seriously. You CANNOT do this. Really? REALLY?"

Offline clonetrooper360

• Commander
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2009, 07:01:01 PM »
wow ur the first person besided me that called the watto= jewish  stereotype with that hat of his !  i dont know if its really glucas doing this or just lazy writters in his staff, becasue OT all the characters had british accentes except the main chars,  its either ur speak basic=english or alien language   no accents  !!!!

Offline XizorsVirago

• Lieutenant
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2009, 12:32:24 AM »
Yeah, I really hate the racist crap in there too... the Neimoidians being so blatantly stereotypical asian always bugged me the most.... While it's possible they're just racist, I have a feeling that the people working on this stuff aren't paid well enough to come up with original accents. I mean in this world with all the accents already out there, you probably have to be a linguist to actually come up with a true non-earth accent, although they REALLY could have at least used accents that maybe not everyone on the face of the earth has heard. And yes, making all the mad scientists German is pretty offensive. I really think it's just Lucas himself doing all this racist crap, though... Listening to interviews of other people working on this stuff, it sounds like they always have way better ideas until Lucas comes in and puts his flabby-necked foot down with a dumb idea.

Offline Cimter

• Cultural Minister
  • Brigadier
  • "Hey, it's me"
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2009, 12:22:02 PM »
Well it makes a change from the British being bad guys, watch the original Star Wars and tell me what language the Bad Guys speak again.

I thought this episode was cool and I didn't think it was a slur at all, it was just a cheesy mad scientist with a European style accent - in fact it reminded me of the old Black and White Universal horror movies, more than a Nazi.

If you look for racism you can find it in anything, even when it's not meant to be racist, people are to sensitive, and by the way I am British in conjunction with the first part and most of the Bad Guys in American movies are British, why because the English Language can be sinister or evil when it want's to be - does this make Americans racist against British people?

So say for example in this case if the Good Dr spoke with a British accent would that have been ok?

« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 12:32:58 PM by Cimter »