Author Topic: Goldleaderone's custom figures  (Read 31302 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Goldleaderone's custom figures
« Reply #60 on: May 04, 2015, 02:49:08 AM »
I like the look of this one. A great addition to your custom pilot ranks. Off to share.

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
« Reply #61 on: May 04, 2015, 06:19:59 AM »
Nice!

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
  • Proud member of Red Sox Nation
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #62 on: May 06, 2015, 07:36:23 PM »
I know I posted this before, but now I can say this custom is officially complete. This is a custom figure of myself, thanks to thatsmyface.com. I finally got the rebel pilot figure I wanted to use for the custom.

Earlier, I used the Dagobah Landing X-wing Luke figure, as I just wanted to see how it would look. Now with finally getting a regular X-wing Luke figure (with the black gloves and boots), and after trimming the peg down a bit, I was able to 'officially' complete this. The reason I used the X-wing Luke figure is because Luke is short, as am I. Now that the figure is done, there are a few accessories included. (I will not be placing the helmet on my figure, as the head is made of some sort of resin material, and will most likely damage the head).

Rebel pilot helmet
DL-44 Blaster Pistol
Video camcorder
Star Wars Goldleaderone stand

"Welcome to another Star Wars review."

I'm also a good shot.
"I want my sanity back." - Wedge Antilles

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #63 on: May 08, 2015, 02:42:26 AM »
If you don't mind me asking, how much does it cost to get that done?

Looks just like you, thats worth another share.

By the way, have you ever thought of joining the Rebel Legion as a pilot? I could see you doing a one to one outfit.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 02:49:57 AM by Tamer »

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #64 on: May 09, 2015, 06:24:25 PM »
Thanks Tamer. I believe it was around $60 or so? That was just for the head, I bought the X-wing Luke figure separately off ebay. It is a bit pricey but they do great work. The bigger the head the more expensive it becomes. I bought this with some loose change I collected over the course of a few months. The only gripe I have is its made of this hard resin material, so its not the usual plastic on the action figures. You have to be really careful, these will break easy. I just hope I don't accidentally drop my figure.

I've never thought about joining the Rebel Legion. I'll definitely look into it.

EDIT:  Scratch that, it actually started out at $49.99.  Not sure if prices have changed since.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 06:48:16 PM by Goldleaderone »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #65 on: May 10, 2015, 07:54:29 AM »
Thanks for the information. I might have to have that as one of our prizes for a custom competition sometime.

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #66 on: May 15, 2015, 04:21:24 PM »
Here is a quick custom I just completed. This is Tycho Celchu in his dress uniform. While I do love the Rogues and the pilots of the Rebellion, I may start making the Rogues in non-pilot outfits soon.

Here are the parts I used.

Head: Tycho Celchu 30th Anniversary A-wing pilot
Body: Wedge Antilles (X-Wing Rogue Squadron) The Legacy Collection

Not much really required to make this figure. Just a simple head swap. Tycho is one of my favorite "old" EU pilots so to have another variation of him is pretty cool.

Reference:

Offline My kind of scum

• Lieutenant
« Reply #67 on: May 15, 2015, 06:10:51 PM »
Love the Tycho and the pilot with your face is really cool as well.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #68 on: May 16, 2015, 03:32:29 PM »
Great head swap idea for Tycho. Its good to have pilots out of their flight suits.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #69 on: May 17, 2015, 04:40:28 AM »
Looks good. Time to update the front page.

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #70 on: May 18, 2015, 05:27:25 PM »
Here is another Tycho Celchu custom figure. This time he is in his orange flight suit, representing his appearance in the Rogue Squadron comics and novels. I have always wanted to make this version of Tycho ever since he was released, and I'm happy to finally complete it.

Recipe:

Head: Tycho Celchu 30th Anniversary A-wing pilot
Body: Wedge Antilles The Vintage Collection ROTJ
Helmet: Luke Skywalker The Saga Collection

Not a whole lot to this custom. A simple head swap, trimmed the peg down just a tad, and some painting. It was really hard adding the black paint applications to the helmet, as well as the small flames above the Rebel logos. I messed up on the first attempt, and this is my result on the second try. I had to use a toothpick to add in the details. I think I did an alright job but I would like to try again at some point.

Reference:

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #71 on: May 19, 2015, 02:55:18 AM »
Remind me of an evolution battle pack. Looks good.

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #72 on: May 23, 2015, 09:25:13 PM »
I'm pleased to have finally completed my Ace Azzameen custom figure. Ace Azzameen is the player-character in the flight simulator PC game X-Wing Alliance. XWA is my favorite Star Wars game, so to have a custom figure of the main character is pretty awesome.

The parts I used:

Head: Luke Skywalker Moisture Farmer 30th Anniversary Collection
Body: Luke Skywalker The Legacy Collection (X-wing gear)
Helmet: Luke Skywalker Dagobah Landing The Vintage Collection (X-wing gear)

A simple head swap and some painting required for this figure. The head was a perfect fit for the figure, and to my surprise needed no modifications to the peg. For my custom figures, I like to use heads that are from other lines - for example, when making my Olin Garn custom, I originally used a Mace Windu head as I needed a bald African-American. The more I looked at it, the more I thought "That's just Mace Windu in X-wing gear" so I looked more and that's when I found the GI Joe Roadblock figure.

Even though the head I used for Ace contradicts my above reasoning, the Moisture Farmer 30th Anniversary Luke figure looks nothing like Luke at all. If I find a more suitable head to my liking I will swap them out, but for now this head will do. I was also looking for a "boyish look" and this figure seemed to work. The only time you see Ace anyway is with the in-flight camera. His head is mostly covered by his helmet anyway. I thought about painting the hair but the helmet is a pretty tight fit and I didn't want to worry about the paint constantly rubbing off.

Lastly, speaking of the helmet, Ace has a helmet similar to Luke's. During the game in-flight, you can see its basically identical to Luke's (picture 1).  However, after joining the Rebellion you can see Ace's helmet in his quarters. The helmet has more of a thicker red stripe in the middle (picture 2). I decided to paint the helmet with the thicker red stripe, that way while I'm using a helmet similar to Luke's, you can distinguish the difference between the two. I also painted the visor black (picture 1). Also, the figure's flight harness is silver, while on all other pilot figures (except Grizz Frix), they are gray. I did this so Ace "stands out" a bit more.

Reference:

"Well, if it isn't pilots Garn and Azzameen!" - Commander Devers

I know it seems like a lot of thought went into this custom, but when its a personal favorite of yours you tend to go the extra mile.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 09:27:26 PM by Goldleaderone »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #73 on: May 24, 2015, 07:37:08 AM »
Nice. Time to go share.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #74 on: May 25, 2015, 08:45:58 PM »
Great job on Ace. I've never played the game but I'm familiar with character.