Author Topic: Goldleaderone's custom figures  (Read 31299 times)

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Re: Goldleaderone's custom figures
« Reply #135 on: February 17, 2017, 04:28:49 PM »
Very nicely done yet again mate.

Ron

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #136 on: February 18, 2017, 07:15:13 AM »
Excellent work.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #137 on: February 23, 2017, 11:47:08 PM »
Nice job with Dash - he's a good character to include in the line up. I'm glad you did the snow pilot version.

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
  • Proud member of Red Sox Nation
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #138 on: February 25, 2017, 06:56:35 PM »
Here is another custom pilot from a video game I grew up playing. This is General Crix Madine, as Gold Leader from the original Rogue Squadron video game. This was the game's fifth mission. In Liberation of Gerrard V, Y-wings from Gold Squadron were tasked with disabling escaping yachts while Rogue Squadron provided cover. No images exist of Madine in a pilots uniform from the game, so I gave him a spare Gold Leader helmet. With this game being a few months after the Battle of Yavin, I thought it made sense for Madine to use a helmet like Gold Leader's, to honor him.

Same method with the Dash figure - boil and pop, then dremeled the neck out, and shaved down the neck post a bit. I was sure to use a taller pilot for the body, as it is the same height as the Madine figure.

Head: General Crix Madine (Original Trilogy Collection)
Body: John D. Branon (The Legacy Collection - Rebel Pilot Legacy III)
Helmet: Jon "Dutch" Vander (The Black Series)

I also did some very quick work to my custom figure of myself. Initially, when I placed my order, I remember there being an issue with my order for whatever reason when it was time to ship. Finally when they sent it, they sent me 2 figure heads. I kept one as a backup in case something happened. However tonight I took a spare Luke pilot body, shaved down the neck post some and made a second figure. For this one though, I was able to carefully place a helmet over the head. I kept the figure helmet-less before because these heads are resin material and will break easily. Now that I have a second figure, I have one to display without a helmet and one with a helmet on. For the helmet-less figure, I also added a holster as the blaster wasn't fitting properly in the left hand.

For the helmet version, the helmet is there to stay now. I plan to add some paint to the helmet, maybe a red stripe in the middle similar to Luke's.

Not counting the 2 customs of myself, and 2 doubles (which I have placed in their respected ships) my pilot collection is now up to 58
« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 07:18:11 PM by Goldleaderone »
"I want my sanity back." - Wedge Antilles

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #139 on: February 26, 2017, 06:19:49 AM »
Looks good to me. And good luck on your new place. I read somewhere you put a bit in on it before I forget. off to share.

Offline Foxtrot Delta

• Commander
« Reply #140 on: February 28, 2017, 07:28:33 PM »
Nice job on the Rebel Pilots

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #141 on: March 03, 2017, 08:19:57 PM »
Here is another custom pilot, this time one from the movies and not a video game. This is Telsij, who flew a Y-wing with Gray Squadron during the Battle of Endor. In old canon, he was a Lt. and flew as Gray Two. In new canon, his rank and callsign have not been established, but I have noticed a lot of old canon callsigns/squadron names are being carried over. I did the usual boil and pop, then cut out the neck post and dremeled the neck out. I didn't have to do any modification to the neck post, I was able to get the head to fit properly.

Some back story on this figure - He was named "Arvel Crynard" found in the POTF2 Rebel Pilots Cinema Scene. I say that in quotations because he was mistakenly labeled as Crynard. He is supposed to be Lt. Telsij, the Y-wing pilot who says "There's too many of them!"  As you can see, they gave him a Y-wing helmet, a B-wing flightsuit, and an A-wing pilots name. This was confirmed by Leland Chee, who works at Lucasfilm.

Recipe:

Head and helmet: "Arvel Crynard" from POTF2 Rebel Pilots Cinema Scene
Body: Ekelarc Yong from TVC Battle over Endor (set 1 of 2)

Original figure

With Ekelarc Yong - Gray Two and Gray Three

"There's... too many of them!"

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #142 on: March 06, 2017, 03:41:34 AM »
Looks pretty nice to me. Looks like everything fits perfectly. Off to share.

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #143 on: March 07, 2017, 08:48:12 PM »
Here's another quick custom I did tonight. Going back to the original Rogue Squadron video game, this is Zev Senesca in X-wing gear. Zev was a member of Rogue Squadron in between ANH up until his death in ESB (old canon). Zev is the only Snowspeeder pilot released not to have the head cap/covering found on other Snowspeeder pilots. Because of that, I wanted to make him a regular X-wing pilot, basing his appearance from the Rogue Squadron game.

This was just a simple head swap really. I did have to boil and pop the head off. It was a ball-jointed neck but it was pretty tight, I just had to loosen it up a little. I applied some tacky material inside the head so it would stay on properly and wouldn't be so loose. It took about a minute or so. Very simple, but with me being caught up with my pilot collection, I love to army build and make variations of the pilots when I can.

Recipe:

Head & Helmet: Zev Senesca (30th Anniversary Collection)
Body: John D. Branon (The Legacy Collection - Rebel Pilot Legacy III)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #144 on: March 08, 2017, 03:20:56 AM »
Oh yeah, another one to add to the ranks. Off to share.

Offline Foxtrot Delta

• Commander
« Reply #145 on: March 08, 2017, 02:47:58 PM »
Awesome Pilots

Offline nickeltcd

• Lieutenant
« Reply #146 on: March 08, 2017, 09:01:11 PM »
58 pilots, that is the # i strive to get to.
I have 25 and i thought that was not enough, and here you go and push me to find more bodies to create even more pilots.
i am trying to create the scavengers squadron that attack the Kyuat Yards from the Bounty Hunter Wars.
What speckel treatment did you give to Zev's helmet?

By the Knights of Mandalore, our Quest will ring true

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #147 on: March 10, 2017, 10:10:39 PM »
58 pilots, that is the # i strive to get to.
I have 25 and i thought that was not enough, and here you go and push me to find more bodies to create even more pilots.
i am trying to create the scavengers squadron that attack the Kyuat Yards from the Bounty Hunter Wars.
What speckel treatment did you give to Zev's helmet?

Zev's helmet came like that. The Zev figure that came with the Snowspeeder, his helmet on that figure was a bit darker for some reason.

Here are 2 more custom pilots, this time going back to the movies. The first is Snowspeeder pilot Hobbie (and super-articulated as well). I did have a previous Snowspeeder Hobbie, but it wasn't super-articulated. With me learning to use a dremel, I wanted to make a proper Snowspeeder Hobbie, as the one released was in his X-wing gear (but had the head cap/covering that a Snowspeeder pilot has). The second figure is a Sullustan pilot from a deleted scene in Return of the Jedi.

HOBBIE

Recipe:

Head & Helmet: Hobbie Klivian (30th Anniversary Collection - X-wing Rogue Squadron #25)
Body: Dak Ralter (The Black Series)

Again, boil and pop method used on this figure. Then dremeled out the neck until it was able to fit securely on the neck post. No modification done to the neck post.

SULLUSTAN PILOT

Recipe:

Head: Ten Nunb (The Legacy Collection - Evolutions Rebel Pilot Legacy)
Body: Jake Farrell (The Legacy Collection - Rebel Pilot Legacy III)
Helmet: Ten Numb (POTF2 Rebel Pilot Cinema Scene)

This was just a simple head swap and some painting. I did a little dremeling to the inside of the figure's head, as I didn't want it sitting too high on the neck post. I used Jokaero Orange from Games Workshop Paints to paint the neck post, and dry brush some color to the front of his face. I dropped some tacky material inside the head to tighten it up when placed on the neck post. I also painted the tacky material so it would match the color of the neck post. Lastly I modified the helmet by cutting off the chin strap, so it looked more screen accurate. The original color seemed to match the one seen in the deleted scene.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #148 on: March 11, 2017, 06:20:06 AM »
Running out of internet time this morning, but had to get these on the front page.

Offline nickeltcd

• Lieutenant
« Reply #149 on: March 12, 2017, 09:39:14 AM »
Thank you for your response on the helmet.
Do you know of anyone on the web that makes helmets. i am running low and want to find some more.

Again, great job.

By the Knights of Mandalore, our Quest will ring true