Author Topic: Art's Gallery ** UPDATE 2019-09-04 K-2SO**  (Read 120247 times)

Offline hangarbay94

• Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
Re: Art's Gallery ** SPECIAL UPDATE 10-18-2010 **
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2010, 11:52:15 AM »
Art, that is absolutely superb, you are putting me to shame! the setting is perfect and the whole thing is a beautiful work of art...

WOW! I really cannot get over how wonderful your works of art are! Luke Sprywalker will freak when he sees it! the attention to detail...AWESOME!!!! it looks like a painting!

Now post it on Luke's Custom figure thread and see what happens!!!! ;)

PS, This has had to go on the Front Page.....
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 12:07:36 PM by hangarbay94 »

Offline Art deWhill

• Marshal
  • I am making this up as I go.
    • Art deWhill's Canvas
« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2010, 12:45:57 PM »
@Hangarbay:

thank you so much, my dear friend, coming from such a talented artist like you your compliment really means a lot to me!
and don't talk silly, no one puts you to shame.

thanks for the hint, too, I'll repost this in Luke's thread and see what happens ;)

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2010, 02:30:51 PM »
Art, that is absolutely spectacular!  The colors, the realism, are unparalleled!  L.E. is going to LOVE this!

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2010, 04:00:58 PM »
THIS IMAGE IS A JAW DROPPER! As Jules had said the landscape is perfect. I love the minor changes you made that will most likely get added to the actual custom. The Wookie fur blaster holster is so pimp! Then we get down to the actual rendering...it is so good I do not know words worth of describing it. You have made my day! Thanks so much.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 06:21:39 PM by Luke Sprywalker »

Offline hangarbay94

• Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2010, 04:14:54 PM »
Art, I see from your post that you are worried about showing the image on two forums, don't worry, you should post the image in the customisers thread and your own. This thread is your showcase, you should post your images in both places so that everyone can see them.

Superb creative work like yours needs to be seen and it is a breath of fresh air to these forums...

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2010, 04:28:07 PM »
Daggone, I loved L.E's custom and man this custom graphic is just spectacular. I hope you made this big so he can make himself a poster version of this. It really is quite nice and looks so daggone real! Wow.

Offline Art deWhill

• Marshal
    • Art deWhill's Canvas
« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2010, 11:06:45 PM »
Thanks a lot, guys, you really made my day!  :)

and of course you keep me going, you and your fantastic customs are fresh air coming into my work. You are my inspiration and I am looking forward to do some more collaborative works.
Thank you all.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #52 on: October 19, 2010, 02:40:40 AM »
Stefan truly excepetional work mate and what a great way to show the guys customs that they do, I was having a look at Spry's custom and your art work and it's amazing how much detail you get it your art. As I mentioned to you before some of your work actually does look like real dios.

Ron

Offline Art deWhill

• Marshal
    • Art deWhill's Canvas
« Reply #53 on: October 19, 2010, 03:02:04 AM »
@hemble:

thank you very much, Ron!
its an honor that you and other customers allow me to use their already exciting builds, saying "hey, do what you think of and make a artwork out of it your way"... its like a conductor interpreting sheet music.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #54 on: October 20, 2010, 09:04:17 PM »
wow, LOVE that image of LS's mando and speeder bike.  I loved that custom back when he first showed it and this art-work definately showcases it superbly.  I love the composition, the background, and the general effects your work pulls off.  The speeder truly looks real, as though it were hovering there generating that dusty haze! 

I can't WAIT to see what else you come up with!

and like I told you on deviant-art... feel FREE to use ANY of my customs for inspiration!   I would love to go back and digitally enhance LOADS of my images, cutting out stands, backgrounds and doing stuff like this.  Especially for my speeder bike customs! heck just cutting out the stands and making them look like they are hovering for real would blow me away!

again, superb work.  I honestly don't know how you guys can do stuff like this in these programs... I don't have the patience (or time) for it!

Offline Art deWhill

• Marshal
    • Art deWhill's Canvas
« Reply #55 on: October 21, 2010, 01:01:12 AM »
Hi spudafett,

thanks a lot, my friend, you already know that I am amazed by a lot of your customs, including your desert mando, fem Viper, black widow, galactic marine, TFU Shaak Ti and your speeder - looking at one of the photos I already saw him racing through an autumnal forrest... ;)

I am really really pushed and only limited by rare spare time, damn, currently working on 4 other projects. Its great fun but for I don't want to have too many loose ends I will first finish at least two ot them and while working on the other ones start with new artworks. Sometimes I'll get stuck and so its good to have other irons in the fire to switch to. Doing so I'll keep my work fresh. You guys may have experienced similar feelings while working on your customs.

Anyway, you can always drop me a note if you need some help in digital stuff, I would be glad to be of service.
If you shoot your figures in front of a appropriate backdrop (e.g. a landscape calendar sheet) and throwing in some foreground stuff it is relativly easy to retouch the whole thing so it looks more natural. then adding some painterly look and your personal logo you are able to showcase your work just like a collectors card...

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #56 on: October 21, 2010, 11:41:47 AM »
I think we all get to a point where we are swamped with ideas but not enough time to finish them.  Idk how many unfinished projects I have sitting around.  I get stuck on one, set it aside and start another... hoping I'll eventually get back to it.  sometimes I never do! sometimes it may be months before I finish a project... 

we all know that these projects are hobbies and thus take up our free time, what little free time we normally have in this hectic modern lifestyle....  so I hope you don't feel rushed, or the need to finish these in any time-frame.  It's your time, use it as you wish! 

Offline Art deWhill

• Marshal
    • Art deWhill's Canvas
« Reply #57 on: October 21, 2010, 11:58:18 AM »
thank you very much for this thoughtful reply, your words are true ones.

And no worries, my friend, I don't feel rushed.
I am just so pushed by all your outstanding works...  :D

Offline Art deWhill

• Marshal
    • Art deWhill's Canvas
Re: Art's Gallery ** Dark Leia UPDATE 10-28-2010 **
« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2010, 10:43:09 AM »
so here she comes: Dark Leia (2nd version)!
at first I just wanted to do another quick study, but while working on it I liked it even more and more, than got the idea of that lightsabre swing and decided to finally flesh it all out.
Again she does not exactly look like originally described in Phattys story, but I hope you guys - and especially Phatty - like her anyway.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 04:16:40 AM by Art deWhill »

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
Re: Art's Gallery ** Dark Leia UPDATE 10-28-2010 **
« Reply #59 on: October 28, 2010, 01:17:04 PM »
Oh, Art, she is incredible!  I think I'll need to find some armor pieces to make another  version of her to match your art!  Se looks so stunning, and the background, reflections, and likeness are so great!  I'm going to have to have this printed out on canvas or something and frame her!