Author Topic: Michigan  (Read 6735 times)

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
Michigan
« on: September 19, 2010, 12:14:08 PM »
Local finds  in Michigan from September 2010 to February 2011.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
Re: Michigan
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2010, 06:45:04 PM »
Star Wars Hasbro

Retailers/Prices:

The Vintage Collection

1. Walmart - 7.96$* (8.44$)

2. Target - 7.99$* (8.47$)
     Meijer - 7.99$* (8.47$)

3. Toys "R" Us - 9.99$ (9.99$)

4. K-Mart - K.B Toys - KOHL'S
-> I have not been to these retailer listed under 4. , yet, but you may know the retail prices?

* Most of the retailers list their prices at the shelves without the 6% tax except Toys "R" Us.
   Indeed, a Basic Figure cost at least 8.44$ in the USA. Well, anyway it is a good deal, since we have 19% tax in Germany!! A figure in Germany costs at least 10,99    Euro (TRU), but most of the retailers sell them for 12.95 Euro each (16.15$).

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2010, 07:17:12 PM »
Shadow of the Dark Side

SAGA LEGENDS

1. Walmart - 6.63$* (7.03$)

2. Toys "R" Us - 7.49* (7.94$)

3. Target - 7.99$* (8.47$)
     Meijer - 7.99$* (8.47$)

4. K-Mart - K.B Toys - KOHL'S -no information, yet

*Most items are listed without 6% tax at shelves in store.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 11:54:04 AM by legion078 »

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2010, 07:19:30 PM »
Well, I am going to add some further information at this point later about Battle Packs, Deluxe Figures/Vehicles, Vehicles etc.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2010, 07:47:52 PM »
I arrived here in Michigan on September 2nd and not a whole month later, I've already picked up a lot of stuff. I really don't know how to take this to Germany in February, again, but anyway I still enjoy collecting...

Star Wars

Hasbro

The Vintage Collection:

Empire Strikes Back

-AT-AT Commander
-Dengar
-Dak Ralter

The shelves are full of this wave...

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2010, 07:52:34 PM »
Revenge of the Sith (09/05/2010)

-Commander Cody (finally updated with correct belt and painted antenna)
-Clone Trooper (without paint over his visior)
-Magna Guard (2x)
-Sandtrooper (2x)
-Darth Sidious

The wave is very rare and hard to find!! But! Please, don't become mad! EntertainmentEarth shows up a lot of re-releases and different cases coming the next weeks, so that the shelves will be full of those figures like they're now with the ESB wave.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2010, 07:56:49 PM »
Shadow of the Dark Side (09/03-09/20

SAGA LEGENDS

-Bossk
-Greedo
-Battle Droids
-Snowtrooper
-Shock Trooper

Battle Pack

Hoth Assault (TRU - 24.99$*)

TAC STAP Attack (very pleased to have found this a second time - also at TRU for 24.99$*)

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2010, 08:04:10 PM »
Well, Battle Packs and Vehicles (almost everything) have bevome quite expensive. I remember the time in 2008 (not that far away) when my brother and I hunted down Walmart and got the figures of the 2 last waves of TAC'07 for 6.63$ each with tax...and also the vehicles like the AT-AP for 19.98$ with tax and the Evolution Packs for 19.98$ with tax...But things chage over the years...

Anyway thanks to Hasbro for their GREAT product-line of the Star Wars section!!

I bought the two packs of WOTC the Force Unleashed for 10.99$ each at Target. They are on sale and not longer available, since Wizards of the Coast lost the license in 2010 for some reasons...so hunt them down!!

I'll give you further information about this line on another topic...(Miniatures - Star Wars WOTC Miniatures)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 01:33:54 PM by legion078 »

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2010, 08:10:28 PM »
I am very glad with the new Vinatge Collection and I am sure that you also do...

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2010, 08:11:35 PM »

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2010, 08:16:29 PM »
The Saga Legends Line has some great additions for "Shadows of the Dark Side" like many Bounty Hunters, Greedo and strong army-builders...

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2010, 08:03:36 PM »
Last saturday I was able to pick up the Clone  Swamp Speeder (27.99$!) and  the Exclusive Legacy of Grievous 2-Pack (17.99$) at Toys "R" Us...

TRU sells all the items for lots more than the approximated retail price.

It's a pity that rebescum.com has listed the Vitage Collection Basic Figures for 9.99$ each as the original retail price. The increasing  prices hurt especially when you live in Europe...

Happy hunting!

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2010, 08:15:02 PM »
I am still looking for the Target exclusive Battle Packs "Defense of Hoth" and "Attack on Hoth", but my "local" Target store, which is more than an hour's drive away from my town, hasn't them on shelves, yet, and I assume that they will be sold out rapidly if they hit the stores.

Since I call the store three times a week I wrote a mail to Adam Pawlus today, to ask him if there will be additional packs coming to the stores around November/December to charge the massive demand for those Battle Packs.

The prices are even cheaper. 39.99$ are not bad for the great value of these packs, but the second-retail prices on e-bay and amazon.com are exploding. People offer one of the two packs for up to 78.95$!!!-that's almost double as much as they actually paid for it. Both sets are available for around 120$ on e-bay.com.

The buyers bid especially for the single Rebel Trooper...I don't know what I shall do. Hopefully you keep being successful with hunting these two packs, the Geonosian Arena Showdown 2-Packs and the exclusive Collectorpack...

I can't wait to read to read Adam's answer. It might just take more time until the new sets arrive at the stores in Michigan. Most of the sold items at ebay are located at the east- and west coast...

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2010, 10:15:26 PM »
Well, Christmas is over and it's time for further udates...I hope you all had a nice and reflective Christmas time before we say good bye to this year, which was an awesome one for Star Wars fans and collectors all over the world, but for me, especially because I had the opportunity to spend 5 months in Michigan with a lovely host family...

At my mad Christmas shopping at Walmart I found four sets of the Legacy Collection 2009 Build A Droid 2-packs, all including Anakin Skywalker & Cortosis Battle Droid (---> was so looking forward to getting hands on this variation of the Super Battle Droid :D), but the sets are sold foor a proud price of $17.99!!
I think a fan of Yakface.com reported a local find of this set purchased for $2.99!!! for the BAD 2 packs...Well, these are the United States...for every citizen-you're so lucky to live here!! ;)

Well, besides the BAD packs Walmart has the AT-AT (finally in the store) and I am wondering whether to buy it here or not...my suitcases will be close to fall apart with all the stuff in there I have been collecting over the four months I've already spent here...

But most important is that Walmart STILL sells the figures fo TCW and TLC SL for $6.00 and TVC for $6.96 a figure!! Meijer is even cheaper...they include TVC figures in their special offer as well ($6.00/each)...so get hands on all figures you're missing before they're sold out!!
Don't forget to add the 6% tax to all purchases...($6.36/each with tax)...another thing you can be very happy for!! In Germany we have 19% tax on all products!!
Happy Hunting!!
« Last Edit: December 25, 2010, 10:20:19 PM by legion078 »

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2010, 10:28:07 PM »
A little add to the AT-AT. I absolutely love this new vehicle!! Hasbro did an awesome job on this! I know why I did  not want to buy the old mold of 1980...:D
So now the long waiting finally has an end.

Kmart was offering the BIG one for $50 and obviously they were sold out before you can say "Star Wars - The Vintage Collection"...

But here is a second chance for those of you who missed this great offer (including me :() Sam's Club sells them for the same price of $50 while Walmart still keeps the price of $89.00 (fortunately they have it in stock, again...) Too bad that the Euro  has lost value, again...(1.31Euro/Dollar is not bad, but it is usually stronger, which makes it less cheap for me...:/ But in this case, 67,94 Euro wouldn't be too bad since the AT-AT is sold for 189,00 Euro in Germany...or in case of Sam's Club $50 would be 38,17 Euro...WOW!! -so almost 1/5 of the current retail price in Germany!!
Hope to get to Sam's Club, soon...Happy Hunting!!