Author Topic: NFL 2009  (Read 17183 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: NFL 2009
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2009, 04:30:39 PM »
Well McNair's death was blamed on a gilted mistress. It seems too easy an answer to me.

I am so behind on my football intel this year. I do not know what my Steelers are up to. I see we got rid of a few recievers and one good defensive player, but other than that I have no idea what they are up to. I did see elder Rooney is now an ambassador to Ireland so I guess his son is running the team now. I think he was pretty much doing it anyway.

I did see that KC signed their QB to a six year deal today. I bet Clint will be smiling more this season! Does KC play NE this year? I would love to see Brady face Cassel this year.  Daggone dude is getting 28 million gauranteed. Pioli gets things done period.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2009, 07:28:49 PM »
that he does. Lets hope it goes that way for designing wins for the chiefs this tough season. I will have to check the scheduale to see if we play NE.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2009, 07:56:48 PM »
Watching my team's first preseason game and wasn't too impressed by Ben. He seems to really be out of shape. Hope he gets it in gear before the regular season. I guess he doesn't see the need to perform well yet.  Man, Reed kicked a fifty nine yarder though. There are quite a few younger guys looking good like Limas Sweed too.

Oh, did you guys see Philadelphia is getting Vick?

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2009, 03:36:52 AM »
I did see that and don't know that I agree with him playing again at all. I'm sure that they told him that he needs to keep his nose clean.
Who won that game, Shawn? I went to bed.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2009, 02:48:57 PM »
Pittsburg won, but it was mainly just the rookie show for the most part. I did notice that Brady looked like he was back to form though. He threw one interception, but looked pretty good.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2009, 02:56:42 PM »
My Cheifs play tomorrow. We will get to see what the new team looks like.
I can't believe that they still have Croyle as a backup qb. I still have alot more faith in Thigpen.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2009, 02:59:51 PM »
My Cheifs play tomorrow. We will get to see what the new team looks like.
I can't believe that they still have Croyle as a backup qb. I still have alot more faith in Thigpen.

Check out Johnson for me. I actually have him on one of my fantasy teams that drafted a few days ago. I am thinking he is gonna do better things this year.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2009, 02:43:20 PM »
I'm sure that alot of you have heard by now that Brett Favre signed on with the Vikings today.
He will start in the game against the Chiefs, this Friday.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2009, 03:26:43 PM »
Well, I guess there was some fire with all that smoke. Poor packer nation, a lot of upset folks there I would imagine. Perhaps Wayne will let us in on the WI skippy. Well, looks like Tavaris or Sage is gone. At this point I would say Tavaris needs to start looking for a new gig.

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2009, 04:29:12 PM »
Not much to say,

One one hand, if a player wants to play he should be able to, That said I think Favre has lost alot of credibility and a big part of Packer nation thinks he wants to play for many of teh wrong reasons, He is on record stating he only wanted to play for the Vikes to stick it to the Packers GM,  I also feel he screwed teh Jest and their fans over just to get what he ultimatly wanted last season, and that was to play with the Vikes, By doing his retirement BS and getting the Jets to allow him to retire and relinquish their rights, he screwed the Pack out of a couple of future 1st round picks. I know what he said but I personally feel much of this was planned on his part. Just poor form.

That said, let him play and let the Vikes loose :)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2009, 03:27:47 PM »
Anyone planning on watching Favre's Viking Debut tonight? Looks like I only get the Dallas game, but NFL Network is reairing it at 11pm.

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2009, 03:44:44 PM »
I'll be watching since it is the only game being played locally  ::)     I do like to watch division games but am so tired of hearing about Favre

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2009, 03:53:59 PM »
Yep, I will be watching to see how the chiefs do. As if favre wasn't bad enough, we will also have former de Jared Allen to contend with. He was the sack leader two years ago. I think he got ten sacks, last year.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2009, 05:03:38 PM »
Perhaps I will bring up chat and see if you guys can fill me in on how he is doing. LOL.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2009, 05:26:56 PM »
Had chat up for a bit, but you guys were yelling at your tv screens at Favre. Let me know how he does.